• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Official!

HalfHawk

• Premium Member
Took a while, but finally! Shaq is going to Cleveland for Wallace, Pavlovic, 46th pick, and half a mil.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

Shaq plus Lebron will not equal championship.

I know Shaq will get in the best shape that he can. However, Shaq plus Lebron will equal bigger disappointment than this past year. Shaq will crowd the lane. I know Lebron can shoot, but you don't want him becoming an outside shooter. Without Lebron driving down the lane dropping his shoulder into people and drawing fouls, you don't get a championship. In fact, I like our chances against them.

• Admin

It's only a good deal because they gave away garbage in exchange for a guy who can, at the very least, still rebound and score some. Other than that, this is another Cavs grasping at straws to appease "The King" in order to keep him in town. At least Shaq does have a role to play here, because they play half court ball and he's not expected to run, but he doesn't change the fact that they have immobile big men and Dwight howard will still feast on them.

Shaq plus Lebron will not equal championship.

I know Shaq will get in the best shape that he can. However, Shaq plus Lebron will equal bigger disappointment than this past year. Shaq will crowd the lane. I know Lebron can shoot, but you don't want him becoming an outside shooter. Without Lebron driving down the lane dropping his shoulder into people and drawing fouls, you don't get a championship. In fact, I like our chances against them.

You said that before they swept us too.

Looks like they are reacting the the ECF.

I thought they shoulda traded Wally+filler for VC this past season. That would have helped them against Orlando too because you wouldn't have Delonte West trying to contest shots from a 6'10 if VC was at the 2 or you could put VC at the 3 and run a lineup of Mo-West-VC-Lebron-Z which they wanted to do but couldn't because Pavlovic was such a massive liability this season.

Now he just needs to think up a new nickname starting with "Big."

Big Aristotle

Big Cactus

:question:???

Big I can't win a ring without Kobe, Wade, or..possibly LeBron.

He's getting irritating man. I can't wait to see how he handles the winter's here in Ohio. Especially Cleveland. Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix are quite different. LOL

• Moderators
Big I can't win a ring without Kobe, Wade, or..possibly LeBron.

He's getting irritating man. I can't wait to see how he handles the winter's here in Ohio. Especially Cleveland. Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix are quite different. LOL

Shaq has taken 3 separate teams to the NBA finals with co-stars of Penny, Wade and Kobe and that remains pretty impressive to me. Wade hasn't done anything worth mentioning in the playoffs since Shaq was an impact guy on that team; Kobe went through years of meaningless seasons until he got gifted with a top interior player in Gasol to go with Odom, Bynum and some solid role players; and Lebron has already been the man who has taken a marginal Cle team to the finals and to the league's best record.

I expect this to remain 99% Lebron's team but since Cle gave up next to nothing for Shaq in the trade AND since his is a huge expiring contracting heading into 2010 that can be traded or renounced for cap space, this seems like a smart deal to me.

• Premium Member
You said that before they swept us too.

Looks like they are reacting the the ECF.

I thought they shoulda traded Wally+filler for VC this past season. That would have helped them against Orlando too because you wouldn't have Delonte West trying to contest shots from a 6'10 if VC was at the 2 or you could put VC at the 3 and run a lineup of Mo-West-VC-Lebron-Z which they wanted to do but couldn't because Pavlovic was such a massive liability this season.

With Joe and Horf hurt and the refs just giving the Cavs everything they wanted, we had far too much against us to be competitive.

Shaq has taken 3 separate teams to the NBA finals with co-stars of Penny, Wade and Kobe and that remains pretty impressive to me. Wade hasn't done anything worth mentioning in the playoffs since Shaq was an impact guy on that team; Kobe went through years of meaningless seasons until he got gifted with a top interior player in Gasol to go with Odom, Bynum and some solid role players;

Yeah, but Bynum didn't really do anything except send the opposing team to the foul line. Odom wasn't exactly impressive in the playoffs either. Odom is seriously one of the most overrated guys in the NBA IMO. Has all the talent in the world and should be an annual all-star but he just never puts it together. Gasol is legit, but every championship team has a great big man/men other than Jordan's Bulls. That's just how it is.

I expect this to remain 99% Lebron's team but since Cle gave up next to nothing for Shaq in the trade AND since his is a huge expiring contracting heading into 2010 that can be traded or renounced for cap space, this seems like a smart deal to me.

Agreed. I just don't know that this makes Cleveland a better team.

LeBron just puts his head down and drives and now Shaq's going to be in there. But, LeBron is a good passer so he'll probably adjust. But I think having Shaq makes them a much worse defensive team. Shaq is unbelievably slow at this point in his career and it takes him forever to get down the floor. The Magic are the team who beat them, and Dwight will beat Shaq down the court EVERY possession. Noone else on Cleveland has a chance to guard him. But regardless, almost every center in the league is going to beat Shaq down the floor at this point.

Edited by AtLaS

Agreed. I just don't know that this makes Cleveland a better team.

LeBron just puts his head down and drives and now Shaq's going to be in there. But, LeBron is a good passer so he'll probably adjust. But I think having Shaq makes them a much worse defensive team. Shaq is unbelievably slow at this point in his career and it takes him forever to get down the floor. The Magic are the team who beat them, and Dwight will beat Shaq down the court EVERY possession. Noone else on Cleveland has a chance to guard him. But regardless, almost every center in the league is going to beat Shaq down the floor at this point.

Uhm are you saying Shaq is not faster than Big Z? They had Big Z in the middle before and seemed to be a mighty fine defensive team, what Shaq is chopped liver now? Shaq averaged better scoring, rebounding, FG, and blocking averages than Cleveland's Centers combined

Shaq can actually work out of the post rather than the jumpshooting 7'6"er so he gives the Cavs both a better post scorer and defender. A dynamic the team hasn't had since Boozer was there.

Uhm are you saying Shaq is not faster than Big Z? They had Big Z in the middle before and seemed to be a mighty fine defensive team, what Shaq is chopped liver now? Shaq averaged better scoring, rebounding, FG, and blocking averages than Cleveland's Centers combined

Shaq can actually work out of the post rather than the jumpshooting 7'6"er so he gives the Cavs both a better post scorer and defender. A dynamic the team hasn't had since Boozer was there.

Yes, I would say Z is faster than Shaq at this point. Shaq is now unbelievably slow getting down the court.

I'm not arguing as to who is the better offensive player, that's obvious.

Yes, I would say Z is faster than Shaq at this point. Shaq is now unbelievably slow getting down the court.

I'm not arguing as to who is the better offensive player, that's obvious.

No I'd have to give the better overall athlete award to Shaq in this instance aswell. Z is a stiff, was born a stiff, will die a stiff. Shaq even at 30% of his former athleticism is still 125% of Zs. You forget that he was running up and down the court in Pheonix, he guy may not be a speed demon among bigs but he is still quicker than most of them.