• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JOSH SMITH TO PARTICIPATE IN USA TEAM MINI-CAMP

SmooveTheFuture

Hawks forward Josh Smith has been selected as one of 25 NBA players who have accepted invitations to participate in the 2009 USA Basketball Men’s National Team mini-camp that will be held July 22-25 in Las Vegas, Nev., it was announced today by USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo.

The July USA Basketball Men’s National Team mini-camp will feature practice sessions on July 23 and July 24 at Valley High School, and the mini-camp will be capped by the USA Basketball Showcase, a Blue-White intra-squad game, on Saturday, July 25, 8 p.m. (PDT) at the Thomas & Mack Center on the campus of UNLV.

“This is a tremendous honor and opportunity for Josh, and we are pleased to hear that he has received the chance to display his talents within USA Basketball’s highly-competitive program,” said Hawks Executive Vice President/General Manager Rick Sund. “He is starting to gain notice around the league for the versatility he brings to the court on a nightly basis, and we fully believe he will continue to grow from this experience.”

“I’m very happy for Josh and the opportunity for him to display his skills for USA Basketball,” said Atlanta head coach Mike Woodson. “This is fantastic for him and provides him with a great opportunity to make others aware of his ability as a fine all-around player in our league.” Link

• Premium Member

Great news for Josh!

I hope this will give him some perspective - how great he is on defense, and how much work is still left to be done on offense.

(I wish they wouldn't have announced this today. It will get buried quickly).

Great, I'm sure the haters won't have much to say about this though..

WOULD IT BE IN ALL CAPS IF IT WERE AL HORFORD OR MARVIN WILLIAMS coming from a Smoove fan?? I seriously doubt it!

But congrats to Josh either way and yeah I do think that this is old news but still good for him and I highly doubt anyone will think negatively about it.

• Premium Member
WOULD IT BE IN ALL CAPS IF IT WERE AL HORFORD OR MARVIN WILLIAMS coming from a Smoove fan?? I seriously doubt it!

But congrats to Josh either way and yeah I do think that this is old news but still good for him and I highly doubt anyone will think negatively about it.

I've never understood why Smith fans were so defensive...

It's obvious to anyone objective that he's not a complete player yet.