• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Amare for Smith rumors seem to be heating up according to ESPN!

JTB

Was watching ESPN, when I saw the situation of Amare being traded to the warriors but they said the trade is likely not to go through because the suns want curry to be one of the players they get, but the warriors refuse to give curry up. So that talk with PHX and GS is done then the first team he said that was heating up with talks, happen to be our beloved hawks!!! With that being said I understand Smith is a bone head at the offense end sometime but if we got Amare for Smith wouldnt we be losing defense and getting worse on the defense as a team? I mean we just drafted teague and got crawford I honestly dont think we need more help on the offense side of the team, especially if we get flip or bibby back but correct me if im wrong but i have never known amare to be good at defending or better than smith at defending at that. (we were ranked in the top 10 for defense over the regular season this year but possibly wont be if we get amare, i mean at least smith tries at the defense end, i've seen much laziness from amare on the defense end while playing in phx thats why they got shaq!)

Also,

I only bring up the big issue of us getting amare because sund seems like he's letting woodson be apart of our negotiations with players we draft or pickup through free agency. An i know woodson would push sund to get rid of Smith! especially for amare!!!but if we get amare now we have too much offense and not enough defense. Am i right?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching ESPN, when I saw the situation of Amare being traded to the warriors but they said the trade is likely not to go through because the suns want curry to be one of the players they get, but the warriors refuse to give curry up. So that talk with PHX and GS is done then the first team he said that was heating up with talks, happen to be our beloved hawks!!! With that being said I understand Smith is a bone head at the offense end sometime but if we got Amare for Smith wouldnt we be losing defense and getting worse on the defense as a team? I mean we just drafted teague and got crawford I honestly dont think we need more help on the offense side of the team, especially if we get flip or bibby back but correct me if im wrong but i have never known amare to be good at defending or better than smith at defending at that. (we were ranked in the top 10 for defense over the regular season this year but possibly wont be if we get amare, i mean at least smith tries at the defense end, i've seen much laziness from amare on the defense end while playing in phx thats why they got shaq!)

Also,

I only bring up the big issue of us getting amare because sund seems like he's letting woodson be apart of our negotiations with players we draft or pickup through free agency. An i know woodson would push sund to get rid of Smith! especially for amare!!!but if we get amare now we have too much offense and not enough defense. Am i right?

Just letting you know our Defense has already gotten better. Bibby was awful at defense and Crawford and Teague are an upgrade at that.

And i also have not seen this all day and ive been watching

i been wathing ESPN all day and didnt see this

Yup it they said it was around 10:30pm CT when i saw it. Im looking for it on the internet now. It wasnt mainly about us it was about gs and phx but they said that it wasnt probably going to go through the trade that is. Then they said the next team heating up with amare talks are the hawks!

This trade, all though looks good on paper, has its questions. First of all, we still don't know if Amare is a sure thing with his injuries, and his contract which ends next year, as well as the steve nash effect. Smith is signed comfortably for the hawks future, while Amare may bolt after next year. However, it may be our best chance at contending.

Edited by Supporter

Just letting you know our Defense has already gotten better. Bibby was awful at defense and Crawford and Teague are an upgrade at that.

And i also have not seen this all day and ive been watching

i know our defense has gotten better im talking about it downgrading if we were to possibly get amare for smith.

you dont have to thats your decision but i know what i heard and i know i heard right unless espn is lieing to me then im lieing to you!

yea i just read it on another forum board.. turn it to ESPN.. they just showed a preview for the suns and curry

I also don't see anything in the ESPN Rumors list.

Everybody just watch sportcenter it will come on again. An make sure you catch the part about amare and GS then you will hear what i heard about us.

Edited by JTB

Everybody just watch sportcenter it will come on again. An make sure you catch the part about amare and GS then you will hear what i hear.

its kinda a love/hate

it would be great go get him and get rid of smooves attitude.. but sucks to see such a great and upcoming athlete leave if thats what the hawks sent. hes not close to his prime either

Where did you see this?

Honestly Smith is a much better help defender but other than that they are about equal. Amare is a better rebounder and scorer/shooter. He also won't be camping at the three chucking 3's.

Edited by GameTime

Also,

What i'm about to type is probably way of base but here goes.........

The Suns are trying to get rid of salary........so........what if the Hawks drafted Teague to send to the Suns in a trade that would include Teague and Josh Smith for Amare Stoudemire?

That would give the Suns a young PG and and PF to build around and give them the ability to walk away from Steven Nash at the same time they get rid of Stoudemire's large salary.

The Hawks roster would look like this.....

Crawford / Flip

Johnson / ???

Williams / M. Evans

A. Stoudemire / ???

Horford / Zaza

Like i said, i'm probably way off base here...........but it's worth thinking about. :no-no:

its kinda a love/hate

it would be great go get him and get rid of smooves attitude.. but sucks to see such a great and upcoming athlete leave if thats what the hawks sent. hes not close to his prime either

yeah im actually kind of hoping it dont happen or get close but i have a feeling it really will because i know woody is going to push sund to get smith out of ATL as hard as he can! Plus espn said that atl hawks said they have no problem moving smith.

The Suns are trying to get rid of salary........so........what if the Hawks drafted Teague to send to the Suns in a trade that would include Teague and Josh Smith for Amare Stoudemire?

That would give the Suns a young PG and and PF to build around and give them the ability to walk away from Steven Nash at the same time they get rid of Stoudemire's large salary.

Crawford / Flip

Johnson / ???

Williams / M. Evans

A. Stoudemire / ???

Horford / Zaza

Like i said, i'm probably way off base here...........but it's worth thinking about. :no-no:

I surely hope that doesnt happen!!!!!

Crawford / Flip

Johnson / ???

Williams / M. Evans

A. Stoudemire / ???

Horford / Zaza

they would probably want teague to. and i for one do not want to move him.