• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Amare for Smith rumors seem to be heating up according to ESPN!

JTB

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get frustrated by Smith as much as anyone, but I think if we traded him we'd regret it.

I've bashed Smith a lot, but to trade him for an injury prone player that might not play with the team past this season and then you get nothing in return. That doesn't sound very wise at all. We'd also be getting closer to an aging team. The way JJ has played the last few years along with Crawford being 30 and I think Amare will be pushing 30 before long. We need a center and not another forward so this doesn't solve the big man problem either.

If it's for Marvin Williams and Childress I'd say let's do this!

I've bashed Smith a lot, but to trade him for an injury prone player that might not play with the team past this season and then you get nothing in return. That doesn't sound very wise at all. We'd also be getting closer to an aging team. The way JJ has played the last few years along with Crawford being 30 and I think Amare will be pushing 30 before long. We need a center and not another forward so this doesn't solve the big man problem either.

Whats the deal with Childress. He playing overseas again next year?

We were the second youngest team in the playoffs, I don't think there's an aging problem.

We were the second youngest team in the playoffs, I don't think there's an aging problem.

JJ is a 27 year old that more resembles a 32 year old. Amare has so many injuries.

I think this move would put the team above 50 wins. I believe that. Maybe even 55 if Bibby kept. Would it get us past Orlando and Cleveland? No. The defense wouldn't be very good.

I cant believe GS would be dumb enough to offer Biedrins much less pick 7 and Wright as well. If the trade is AMARE FOR SMOOVE STRAIGHT UP it is a long tough decision because of Amares injuries, I mean the guy gets hurt ALOT and the injuries are bad ones. I wouldnt throw in Teague or anything else besides a Morris orMo Evans type salary filler or maybe the rights to DA.

JJ is a 27 year old that more resembles a 32 year old. Amare has so many injuries.

I think this move would put the team above 50 wins. I believe that. Maybe even 55 if Bibby kept. Would it get us past Orlando and Cleveland? No. The defense wouldn't be very good.

exactly we will be all offense and no defense if we did this. i like amare and im not scared of getting him because he isnt injury prone, he just has mistakes like the eye thing but things like that wont slow him down as a player cause he came back doing his thing after every injury he had. what scares me is that he has no D and he doesnt even try sometime! other than that he's complete on offense.

they would probably want teague to. and i for one do not want to move him.

To make this deal work we would have to include Smith and Teague and a resigned Marvin as well. I would much rather use those assets for Bosh . However sometimes if you wanna play in the big leagues you gotta swing for the fences .A move bringing in Bosh or Amare would say that Atlanta is playing for a title and is not happy just being in the playoffs . Now if we were to do this and then they both opt out we clear a ton of space before the league has another lockout .