• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Amare for Smith rumors seem to be heating up according to ESPN!

JTB

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just heard Chris Brussard say it. Im guessing they want more than Smoove since they would have got Biedrins, Wright, Bellini and pick 7 had Curry not still been on the board. I dont think it would be a smart move for us.

My source is coming through, anyone still have any funny jokes to make now?

Basically this team becomes The old Suns without Steve Nash...

Yeah, exactly.

No thanks to this trade. Steve Nash was also the most valuable player on that team and they didn't have a bonehead coach like we do.

No thanks.

Also, Smith has the potential to be a really great defender while Amare, I just don't think he'll ever be a force on defense. Smith's defense did decline last season but I'm not willing to say that he will be nothing but a helpside defender in the league just yet.

Im not going to lie I was one of the people who said we need either amare or bosh (i regret that now) BUT that was before crawford and teague joined the team i honestly feel we have enough offense with them too and i dont think we need amare to win 50+ next season and im not saying we wont win 50+ if we got him but i am saying he makes this team untouchable on offense but terrible on defense.

what did your source say exactly?

That Smith was getting traded for Amare and a 1st but the Suns wanted Smith and a 1st. Atlanta didn't bulge and the trade fell through.. But I guess both teams are coming to an agreement.

Im not going to lie I was one of the people who said we need either amare or bosh (i regret that now) BUT that was before crawford and teague joined the team i honestly feel we have enough offense with them too and i dont think we need amare to win 50+ next season and im not saying we wont win 50+ if we got him but i am saying he makes this team untouchable on offense but terrible on defense.

Teague is no where near ready to start at PG for us next season. He's a developmental prospect. We need to resign Bibby and let Teague grow into playing in the NBA.

Agreement? They just barely brought it up and you have pushed it to an agreement? :no-no:

ESPN is late in terms of basketball rumors, they find things out the day of or the day before. In the NBA inter circles, ESPN is always the last to know. To be honest, I just jumped the gun with that last statement. I can't lie, I'm going by NBA usual tactics, not fact with the "agreement" post.

ESPN is late in terms of basketball rumors, they find things out the day of or the day before. In the NBA inter circles, ESPN is always the last to know. To be honest, I just jumped the gun with that last statement. I can't lie, I'm going by NBA usual tactics, not fact with the "agreement" post.

So you think this will go through?

Nelson said Curry is not going anywhere so that deal might be dead.

Would Marvin + Horford + Evans for Amare go through? I don't want to give up Smith for Amare as his ceiling with a good coach is VERY high. We need his great D more than Amare's O

i would rather do that than to give up smith!