• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Amare for Smith rumors seem to be heating up according to ESPN!

JTB

i would rather do that than to give up smith!

Me too, and if Chillz has a shot at starting, he'd definitely come back to the Hawks. His slashing ability and D would be more complementary to a team with scorers like Craw, Bibby, Joe. and Amare.

I'd be ecstatic if we get him for the deal I purposed, but I think we'd need to give up Smith. If that's the case, no-go for me.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Smith was getting traded for Amare and a 1st but the Suns wanted Smith and a 1st. Atlanta didn't bulge and the trade fell through.. But I guess both teams are coming to an agreement.

So the trade fell through because Sund didnt get a woody?

So you think this will go through?

Nelson said Curry is not going anywhere so that deal might be dead.

I think it would go through when ppl I knew was saying some major changes will be made after the playoffs. That didn't mean the Amare trade but I knew JJ or Smith was leaving no matter what. One or the other, they couldn't co-exist anymore. Amare is just the most logical player to join the team. I didn't think it would happen till my source told me. He's been wrong on the Hawks often but not so much with other teams. The Hawks pull out of deals a lot. So it's no fact that this will happen. I would imagine that an extension is most important. He told me that Amare and the Hawks were working on one and Amare demands where too high at that time but it might have dropped. We will see...

I think it would go through when ppl I knew was saying some major changes will be made after the playoffs. That didn't mean the Amare trade but I knew JJ or Smith was leaving no matter what. One or the other, they couldn't co-exist anymore. Amare is just the most logical player to join the team. I didn't think it would happen till my source told me. He's been wrong on the Hawks often but not so much with other teams. The Hawks pull out of deals a lot. So it's no fact that this will happen. I would imagine that an extension is most important. He told me that Amare and the Hawks were working on one and Amare demands where too high at that time but it might have dropped. We will see...

The thought of playing on a rebuilding team might be the kind of thing to change somebodies mind.

Would Marvin + Horford + Evans for Amare go through? I don't want to give up Smith for Amare as his ceiling with a good coach is VERY high. We need his great D more than Amare's O

No, Atlanta not keeping Marvin from what I heard but Horford is damn near untouchable. Every team has called Atlanta about him and they declined. Marvin has some good promises from what I heard. You guys will be shocked when you see what teams offer for Marvin. A lot of teams like Marvin.

EDIT: Not every team but you know what I mean.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

No, Atlanta not keeping Marvin from what I heard but Horford is damn near untouchable. Every team has called Atlanta about him and they declined. Marvin has some good promises from what I heard. You guys will be shocked when you see what teams offer for Marvin. A lot of teams like Marvin.

I don't understand why Horford is untouchable. I'm not convinced he can be more than a 13/10 guy. His offensive repertoire is lackluster at best. Great rebounder and solid defender I guess. Fouls a bunch and sounds like a great leader. Am I off base here?

so do you think we sign n trade him?(marvin)

The thought of playing on a rebuilding team might be the kind of thing to change somebodies mind.

lol i sure hope so! have you imagined what type of team we would be with amare!...............(can you say Suns 2.0, nothing but offense)

Maybe, by the way guys, Curry was in the deal. Amare did not want to do an extension. Which everyone knew would happen. PHX only had three options: Washington, Atlanta, or NYK for trades for Amare. He's not going to play in a small city without a presence in the music industry. Washington not big in the hip hop industry but it's has an affluent black community which is attractive to many in the NBA. Atlanta speaks for itself. NY does as well.

That seems hard to believe. He is a decent defender sometimes. Other than that. he is replaceable. I mean, the team didn't suffer that much when he was out.

Maybe, by the way guys, Curry was in the deal. Amare did not want to do an extension. Which everyone knew would happen. PHX only had three options: Washington, Atlanta, or NYK for trades for Amare. He's not going to play in a small city without a presence in the music industry. Washington not big in the hip hop industry but it's has an affluent black community which is attractive to many in the NBA. Atlanta speaks for itself. NY does as well.

That's not what Don Nelson says. He says that Curry was drafted to stay in GS.

One other note about Amare... Isn't he a friend of JJ?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

so do you think we sign n trade him?(marvin)

Doubt it, we need the money for our own players. They want to bring Chillz back here. Idk about Andersen, I can't get any solid info on him. They are keeping him on tabs. Zaza is gone as well, losing teams are offering 6+ and the Squrs offered a long term MLE. We need a backup Center in the worst way as well as a backup PF. We have no front court depth.

One other note about Amare... Isn't he a friend of JJ?

The trade was null void, their on spin control right now.

I don't know, I couldn't say.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

true. he said on a interview on espn that curry wasnt going anywhere. So that GS and PHX trade talk is dead, unless they can come up with another solution which probably wont happen since PHX wants curry so bad.

I thought Flip would be back but that Jamal Crawford trade might change things. Your guess is as good as mines on Flip.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I thought Flip would be back but that Jamal Crawford trade might change things. Your guess is as good as mines on Flip.

i think flip is coming back but bibby is gon in my eyes. also it look like we didnt want him back that bad with the pick up of crawford. then the comments sund made when comparing bibby to crawford made it seem like they were determined to get a cheaper player or at the same cost with better scoring ability

I don't understand why Horford is untouchable. I'm not convinced he can be more than a 13/10 guy. His offensive repertoire is lackluster at best. Great rebounder and solid defender I guess. Fouls a bunch and sounds like a great leader. Am I off base here?

Woody doesn't ask him to do much on offense on the ball. He capable of more but Woody plays him to what Woody feels.

i think flip is coming back but bibby is gon in my eyes. also it look like we didnt want him back that bad with the pick up of crawford. then the comments sund made when comparing bibby to crawford made it seem like they were determined to get a cheaper player or at the same cost with better scoring ability

Bibby the only player who I knew Atlanta really wanted to sign back. It was Marvin till other teams overvalued his worth. He's our number one priority from what I've heard. That's not just from the source but others as well. He's important, without him- we suck on offense even with Amare. That last sentence was my personal opinion.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

He's been right about this off season, it will be the most exciting NBA fans will see in awhile. I know I'm excited.