• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: Hawks' big man targets.

mrhonline

Wallace can score in the post but he loves to launch 3's. He can hit them though. Would Sheed come off the bench?

If he would agree to do that it would be great, but I'm not sure what kind of money he would be looking for and if it would affect the resignings of Bibby or Williams or even Zaza. Hopefully it wouldn't.

I would like Mcdyess more than anyone out of those 3.....he is listed as a 4/5 and he isn't 7 feet tall but is almost automatic from 15 feet and still goes inside and mixes it up. And he does this all very professional without whining, unlike Sheed who jacks up 3's and whines a lot. Just my opinion.

I would HATE to have Sheed. He is a whiner and his age has limited him to more outside play. We need someone who can bang inside and score us points from 15 feet in. Sheed is NOT that player. We have enough guys that will get a ton of PT that can launch outside shots and space the floor.

I would like Mcdyess more than anyone out of those 3.....he is listed as a 4/5 and he isn't 7 feet tall but is almost automatic from 15 feet and still goes inside and mixes it up. And he does this all very professional without whining, unlike Sheed who jacks up 3's and whines a lot. Just my opinion.

i agree..I would pass on Rasheed..just another player who throws up shots..we have enough of those. McDyess would bring some rebounding leadership and class to our team. Even Gortat over Sheed..Sheed and Josh together whining?? haha come to the Hawks McDyess..we need you

Yall got Sheed all wrong! His teammates love playing with him, and that's the true sign of whether or not someone is a douche.

He's still got some real ability and is a great defender. When he's motivated (i.e. playing for a contending team), he's a damn good big man.

My sleeper pick for this big acquisition is Dirk Nowitzki.

Dallas is going nowhere fast in the West especially if Kidd signs elsewhere and Brandon Bass and James Singleton(rotational players) are also unrestricted this year. Then next year, Nowitzki has an ETO he can exercise.

Also next year Stackhouse, Antoine Wright and Devean George are all unrestricted. There's a team option on Barea and Howard next year, but I assume they keep them. This could possibly leave them with a team of: Howard, Dampier, Matt Carrol, Jason Terry and Shawne Williams(who even he is restricted next year) in 2010.

If Dirk does not exercise his ETO next year, they will have 60+ million in cap used up(And that is even if they renounce all their unrestricted free agents) so it's not like they will have the cap space to go after any big names in the famed free agent class of 2010.

Complete speculation of course and probably bad math on my part somewhere, but does Cuban want to get something for Dirk before he can opt out next year and blow it all up to start all over in Dallas next year with youth/draft picks? The Mavs championship window is completely shut - the closest they got was the team that got upset by Golden State.

As far as what/who we trade to get him, well...I have never been good at that game so I'll leave that to others to speculate.

• Moderators
Forget Sheed. This past season 44% of his shot attempts were 3s, he got to the foul line only 1.6 times per game and he is a weak rebounder. No thanks.

Plus, with the headbutting between Josh Smith and Woodson you would have to really convince me that Woody and Sheed had a great relationship before I would be comfortable that Woody could control Sheed.

Agree we do not Sheed for the reasons just mentioned.

I think David AndersEn would give us more for less $$$ if we want a perimeter shooting big.

I would love Gortat, McDeysse, Gooden, or Wilcox. Gooden is an underrated rebounder.

As long as we bring back ZaZa I could make do with a Amundson type of energy player.

• Premium Member

Yep...I've seen enough of Sheed to know that he's only a big man in size. Dude has never played like one.