• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aldridge > Chilz visiting Milwaukee on Thursday

sturt

• Premium Member

....And forward Josh Childress, who started the trend of NBA players going overseas last season by signing with Greek power Olympiacos for three years and $20 million, will visit the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday, according to his agent, Jim Tanner. Childress can return to the NBA, but his rights would still be owned by the Atlanta Hawks, who drafted him in 2004, as a restricted free agent -- meaning the Hawks could match any offer from other teams for Childress. But Childress has not yet decided whether to stay in Greece for a second season or come back to the NBA.

Childress does not want to return to the Hawks, however.

The Bucks, who drafted point guard Brandon Jennings last week, are in desperate need of making another splash after trading Richard Jefferson to the Spurs last week and not tendering free agent forward Charlie Villanueva, who was in Detroit Wednesday talking with the Pistons.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/davi...7/01/wednesday/

Edited by sturt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign n trade for Fransisco Elson or Dan Gadzuric...both are big men that we could definitely use. Thoughts? Not sure if the contracts would match though...anyone know?

• Premium Member
Sign n trade for Fransisco Elson or Dan Gadzuric...both are big men that we could definitely use. Thoughts? Not sure if the contracts would match though...anyone know?

Since we offered him something in the $7 mil neighborhood last season (if I recall correctly, Sund said he would be the nth best paid player on the team, making it fairly obvious), it seems a bit much to think he wouldn't expect that same neighborhood.

yeah i'm not sure who we would sign/trade for...gadzuric is ok but honestly he seems like he's a more experienced version of randolph morris the way he plays...not sure about elson though...

i wish childress was visiting someone else..

i have a feeling if chillz signs a cheap enough offer from another team (as in, much cheaper than what he would want to sign marvin for), sund will match the offer to bring him back. i would bet he'd then try to work on a sign and trade with marvin. i wouldn't expect him to match contracts for both chillz and marv, and chillz needs to find a home by july 15th. if another team offers something more than what sund would want to pay, i think chillz will end up walking for nothing.

Hmm. You think Rick Sund may try to do a Josh Childress for Luke Ridnour and a draft pick deal?

Childress would be BYC so we would have to give up more than Childress.

If the Bucks really want Childress the smart thing to do is just make childress an offer and dare us to match.

• Premium Member
The issue, as exodus stated, is the Hawks have to couple Childress' contract with other contracts to get around the BYC issues.

I didn't think coupling was permitted on our side of the SnT in this case... ie, it has to be Chilz for one or multiple players (?).

• Premium Member

Sekou says:

1. Hawks have told Josh's crew that they will match any reasonable offer up to the MLE.

2. LAL, LAC, and CLE are among other teams interested.

3. A S&T offer would have to be a good one to get the Hawks to bite.

• Premium Member
A common misconception.

Guess you're right... I just combed the Coon FAQ. I'm bewildered, though, b/c I don't know where I picked that misconception up... and too lazy to go to the CBA to see if there's something there that I read that I misinterpreted.

trade to clippers for caman

trade to knicks for snt david lee

trade to denver snt millsap

sign lamar odom?

not sure if some of that is possible, but it just seems like the possibilities are endless right now..be interesting to see what sund does.

yeah i'm not sure who we would sign/trade for...gadzuric is ok but honestly he seems like he's a more experienced version of randolph morris the way he plays...not sure about elson though...

i wish childress was visiting someone else..

LOL you wish Morris could rebound and block shots like Gadzuric.