• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaq making light of Dwight

Bahamut

In the final question during today's news conference introducing Shaq as the newest Cavalier, a reporter asked Shaq what he thought of Dwight Howard. Shaq's response:

"...I'm still here, I'm a force to be reckoned with, and I'm still the don-dada of all big men, and you have to come take my spot...and not through Twitter..."

:lol6:

"...when it comes to the best big men in the league...it's two that have done something very special in this millennium, and I'm one of them and Tim Duncan is the other, so anything else, and anyone else they have to come upstairs and see the shogun...I'm still the shogun in this league"

:lol6: :lol6:

Edited by ZanarkandStarAEast

• Premium Member

Have to say this -

Put Kobe on Duncan's team and:

1. Kobe never asks to leave because Duncan is a great teammate.

and

2. The Spurs win 5+ championships.

Shaq is really getting old in more ways than one...

Lost some respect for him with what he said and how he said it.

Dwight Howard hasn't done anything to warrant Shaq making those comments. I think it shows more intimidation of Dwight Howard than anything else. It's the media stirring the pot.

• Premium Member

I think it's a right of passage that has always existed.

Jordan couldn't be considered a great player until he raised the Bulls above the Celtics and the Pistons.

Howard won't be considered the best big man until he gets a ring. Shaq is making sure Howard knows that he will have to go through Cleveland first.

I think it's a right of passage that has always existed.

Jordan couldn't be considered a great player until he raised the Bulls above the Celtics and the Pistons.

Howard won't be considered the best big man until he gets a ring. Shaq is making sure Howard knows that he will have to go through Cleveland first.

That may be true, but Shaq still doesn't need to be saying the things he's saying. Maybe it's the whole "Superman" thing and Orlando. Dwight has replaced his role there, maybe a little jealousy??

Howard is still a kid. In fact, I don't think he takes the game as seriously as he should. I think he laughs/complains too much on the court instead of just dominating more than he already does. Shaq needs to take it easy on him, like I said, it's not like D. Howard is egging him on or firing back at him.

• Moderators

Shaq must have forgotten humiliating himself by flopping against Howard last year because Howard outclassed him so badly. Probably didn't forget and is now riding Lebron's coat tails to talk trash, in actuality.