David AndersEn

Chaze

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Andersen ya apuntó hace unos meses que el dinero no debía ser un problema para que se cumpliese su sueño de jugar en la NBA y que estaba dispuesto a dar el salto si los Hawks le ofrecían un contrato similar al que está recibiendo en el Barça (unos dos millones de euros).

Okay, my Spanish is a little rusty, but I believe that says:

Andersen noted months ago that money should not be a problem because he would be achieving his dream of playing in the NBA and was ready to make the leap (to the NBA) if the Hawks offered him a contract similar to the one that he was getting from Barca (2M euro).

My dream scenario at this point would be to re-sign Bibby, Zaza, and Marvin (since it doesn't look like Chillz will be staying) and re-sign David Andersen. I wonder what we'll do with Childress though, I think it's tough to just let him walk seeing that he's a restricted free agent with relatively more value than the rest of the SFs on the market now.

PG: Bibby / Teague

SG: Johnson / Crawford

SF: Williams / Evans

PF: Smith

C: Horford / Pachulia / Andersen

My dream scenario at this point would be to re-sign Bibby, Zaza, and Marvin (since it doesn't look like Chillz will be staying) and re-sign David Andersen. I wonder what we'll do with Childress though, I think it's tough to just let him walk seeing that he's a restricted free agent with relatively more value than the rest of the SFs on the market now.

PG: Bibby / Teague

SG: Johnson / Crawford

SF: Williams / Evans

PF: Smith

C: Horford / Pachulia / Andersen

That would be anice team to watch. Ten players that have the chance to crack the rotation of Woody. We'll be a good perimeter team thats for sure. I would be satisfied if that is the only things Rick Sund does this summer. Throw in an offensive coordinator in there, we got ourselves a pretty solid team.

Earlier post said that DA is more of a PF than a center so that would give us someone behind Smoove.

I love the different matchups this gives us. Can run the floor or play more half court.

I wish the guy would just get over here already...How long have we had his rights???

Looking around the web I found an article on David Andersen, stating, he wants to leave Barcelona and pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. After translating it with google, I found that he stated he would play for the Hawks if offered what he's getting payed now. Which is around 2 million euros, which then translates to a little less than 3 mil per season. The only thing is, the Hawks have to react before July 15th if they wish to have a chance to terminate his 2 years left on his contract. I say the ASG needs to act now and lock this guy up. What do you guys think? Sign or not?

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/2009070...-en-la-nba.html

My bad, didn't know this was already posted...

Edited by atlanta5hawks

• Premium Member

Someone educate me.

Can we sign an international player whose rights we own w/o regard to cap space? I know we could if he were a 1st round pick, but I'm not seeing anything in Coon's FAQs that addresses Andersen's situation.

Edited by sturt

Someone educate me.

Can we sign an international player whose rights we own w/o regard to cap space? I know we could if he were a 1st round pick, but I'm not seeing anything in Coon's FAQs that addresses Andersen's situation.

If memory serves from this discussion last year we would have to use our MLE to sign AndersEn.