• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

REPORT: Bibby plans to re-sign?

WraithSentinel

This made my Holiday. MIKE BIBBY FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Although to be fair its old news since Sekou reported this two days ago in his blog.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Although to be fair its old news since Sekou reported this two days ago in his blog.

Philly Inquirer reports that Bibby's agent DID call the Sixers yesterday, though, just to be sure they hadn't changed their minds... so evidently no ink on the paper yet, though maybe so today.

Philly Inquirer reports that Bibby's agent DID call the Sixers yesterday, though, just to be sure they hadn't changed their minds... so evidently no ink on the paper yet, though maybe so today.

The problem is nobody can sign til July 8th so in theory any one of these guys who comitted to sign can change their minds.

Do you think we can go to the Finals with a Bibby-led team?

do you think we could make it to the finals without bibby? no, and no. bibby's not the best point, but bibby does make us better.

i don't think we would be much better off with another ufa. sessions is a rfa (so some risk waiting to get him signed) and he isn't a point who's proven he could get us to the finals. miller is good, could be a little step up from bibby, but not that much, and he would have to learn a whole new set of players around him (and vise versa). nearly the same with kidd, though he would be an upgrade, i don't think he'd consider coming here and i wouldn't want to tie up the money he'd want to come play here for more than a year. i don't think there is a whole lot more that we could do to get us to the finals honestly. we would have to trade for someone pretty major, and that would require us to lose significant pieces. hopefully we will just be able to continue building on what we've done in the past couple years. with bibby, i could see a slim chance that would could surprise a few folks and maybe make it to the ecf. prolly not, but more of a shot at it then if we traded away other pieces or let crawford be the #1 point. the better we do, more and more free agents will start looking at atl as an option, instead of rasheed, dice, etc. just looking at cleveland, boston, orlando, etc.

• Premium Member
The problem is nobody can sign til July 8th so in theory any one of these guys who comitted to sign can change their minds.

Agreed... my only point, a minor one, is that Bibby might not be looking today if reports are correct, whereas yesterday he was, and certainly so when Sekou reported that things were looking up for Sund on this one.

All Bibby is going to do is make it so Teague never sees the court. If we were going to resign Bibby we should have drafted that huge guy from Ohio State. I think his name is Mullens or something.

Why not? You want Crawford to start at PG? Or a rookie PG in Woodson's system?

Not that I like Crawford, but Bibby is no more a pg than he is.

By the way, Woody has no system. That's the point. When Acie played last year he wasn't great, but there was an actual offense being run because Acie is actually a point guard. Maybe Teague could do the same thing. I'd rather see what he can do than play either Crawford or Bibby at the point.

All Bibby is going to do is make it so Teague never sees the court. If we were going to resign Bibby we should have drafted that huge guy from Ohio State. I think his name is Mullens or something.

We traded Acie Law and Speedy Claxton for Jamal Crawford. We did not have a point guard for the future and the draft was stacked with PGs. Jeff Teague needs to be developed (I know, Woodson and the word 'develop' don't sound like they mesh very well). He can't just come in and play 20-30 MPG. You can't expect to win very many games that way. Mike Bibby was still a solid veteran guard last year. In the playoffs, he impressively showed off his leadership. I think we will start Bibby but when Teague shows that he can step up, we won't hesitate to start him.

All Bibby is going to do is lead us back to the playoffs like he's done the whole time he's been here. Teague will see the court. We will not see a repeat of Acie Law. Teague is Sund's first draft pick, he will play. Sund won't let Teague rot on the bench. Bibby is a veteran that knows the system, a good mentor for the young kid.

The huge guy from Ohio State is BJ Mullins. I've watched every game he played in college. He's about NBA ready as I am. He's a project, 3/4 years away from contributing anything to a NBA team. Oklahoma City is the perfect place for Mullins because he will be given the time to learn the game and become better. He's a seven footer that averaged 8 points and 5 boards a game, in college.

If you want to continue to build on what the Hawks have accomplished the last two years, bringing Bibby back is/was the right move.

You guys don't understand what I'm saying. I don't hate Bibby, but he's not a point guard and we already have way too many people at the position. Our coach is an idiot, and if we sign Bibby Teague will never see the floor and it will be another wasted draft pick.

I think we will start Bibby but when Teague shows that he can step up, we won't hesitate to start him.

Do you honestly believe this will happen with Woody? If we resign Bibby to a 3-year deal he will start for as long as Woodson is the coach.

Edited by thefloydian

You guys don't understand what I'm saying. I don't hate Bibby, but he's not a point guard and we already have way too many people at the position. Our coach is an idiot, and if we sign Bibby Teague will never see the floor and it will be another wasted draft pick.

Do you honestly believe this will happen with Woody? If we resign Bibby to a 3-year deal he will start for as long as Woodson is the coach.

LOL

• Premium Member
You and Woody should hang out.

Sure. And we'd invite every other successful NBA coach, since they'd agree with us.

You don't hand late first round picks with only two years of college experience major minutes at PG unless they prove worthy of them. If they do, then you've got yourself a great problem to have.

He's old. He's slow. He can't play defense.

Yet, without him, where were the Hawks? You know that answer.

Now, about the good stuff he brings.

First of all, he brought the Hawks to the playoffs.

He is THE offensive guru of this Hawks team.

Any offense that this Hawks team runs comes

as a direct result of Mike Bibby. Even when he's

not on the floor, his influence is there.

Want proof? Woody said, when he came to Atlanta,

"Bibby is going to run the offense. If he don't like

our offense, he will change it." That may not be the

exact words, but close enough

Bibby can score - a lot. If he has a hot hand, he can

literally take over a game. He's not always a hot shooter.

But, when he is, look out! And, he can and will take that

shot that makes the difference in the game.

He's a leader. Something the Hawks desperately needed

when he came here. The other Hawks AND Woody respect

what he brings to our team.

Can he carry this Hawks team thru the playoffs and to the

championship? Probably not. Can any other point guard

that we could sign do that? Probably not.

Bibby knows this Hawk team. This Hawk team knows Bibby.

Bibby wants to play for the Hawks. He has turned down

an offer to go somewhere else to stay with Atlanta. Gotta

like the guy for that.

:biggrin:

GO HAWKS!!!