• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen wants to come to NBA.

Chaze

I think Andersen could be as valuable as Zaza, albeit in a different way... I definitely get the impression that the dude could contribute right away.

I think that is an important point, he contributes in a different way. Gives us a different option. Maybe opens up the inside for Al some?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited to hear that we are going hard after Zaza and Andersen... that would be a sick front court with them! Hopefully Zaza accepts one of our offers and Andersen comes over. As for this thread though, I won't start celebrating until it actually happens.

• Premium Member
I'm so excited to hear that we are going hard after Zaza and Andersen... that would be a sick front court with them! Hopefully Zaza accepts one of our offers and Andersen comes over. As for this thread though, I won't start celebrating until it actually happens.

It would be the deepest bench I have ever seen the Hawks have.

I have been searching Google and this is the only thing I have found

link

David Andersen signing with the Hawks?

Accordingly to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo (a reputable news outlet), David Andersen is finally joining the NBA and the Atlanta Hawks.

The Australian big man had a great season with Barcelona, in his first year in the Catalan club, culminating with the ACB championship and two great games in the Euroleague Final 4.

To sum it up briefly, the article states that Andersen can exercise a clause that allows him to walk to the NBA till the 15th July, that his dream was always to play for a NBA, that he's willing to play there for the same salary he earns in Europe (€2M), that the Hawks are interested on him to replace Zaza Pachulia, who's possibly leaving. His agent made no comments except to notice that Andersen's contract allows him to leave for the NBA without any payment.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

A solid bench player? Hawks could use some more of those.

With big men demanding major $$$ and him being a big man

that Hawks hold the right to sign, plus the fact that he only

wants a small contract, compared to some - - Sounds good to me.

Apparently the guy can score. Desperately wanting Zaza back.

Then, when Horford and Smith are on the bench, Hawks have

The big Aussie and the big Georgia boy together. Mr. Inside and

Mr. Outside. Not a bad combo for our new guys to work with.

:beer:

I think that is an important point, he contributes in a different way. Gives us a different option. Maybe opens up the inside for Al some?

We're just hurting for another big. I don't know anything about him, except from the insight I've been getting from the Squawker's. However, I have seen a lot of the players that are currently in the NBA play, that we are rumored to be looking at. It seems like the ideal situation for us is to re-sign Za, and get his butt over here.