• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Think about this!

Wurider05

I think Marvin is coming along nicely...like to see some killer instinct from him but the truth is that we most likely will have to pay that amount of money for a less than proven player thats his age anyway...thats what you get at that price point and i would rather have a young guy that we have brought up ourselves and already has a chemistry and role on the team...additionally he is a very coachable kid and hasnt gotten into any off the court trouble...why not reward him??

• Admin
I think Marvin is coming along nicely...like to see some killer instinct from him but the truth is that we most likely will have to pay that amount of money for a less than proven player thats his age anyway...thats what you get at that price point and i would rather have a young guy that we have brought up ourselves and already has a chemistry and role on the team...additionally he is a very coachable kid and hasnt gotten into any off the court trouble...why not reward him??

I agree. Marvin is a solid player with the right attitude who has been consistently improving every year. We don't need a superstar at the SF, we need someone who can play his role and do the things that is needed.

I agree. Marvin is a solid player with the right attitude who has been consistently improving every year. We don't need a superstar at the SF, we need someone who can play his role and do the things that is needed.

amen...

• Premium Member

Well said!!! He is 'worth' between 8-9 million per year based upon what we ask of him. Heck, by taking the QO he would get 7.5 million.

Marvin is not worth no 8 million he hasnt proven worth that not even close.

Marvin has proven to be an asset to this team. I think we can all agree that he is very much needed on the defensive end. Specially now that it's clear that both Crawford and Bibby will get significant minutes next season. In addition, he has gotten better every year and will continue to improve. I would give him the 8 mil and not risk watching him improve and become a great player elsewhere!!!

Marvin has proven to be an asset to this team. I think we can all agree that he is very much needed on the defensive end. Specially now that it's clear that both Crawford and Bibby will get significant minutes next season. In addition, he has gotten better every year and will continue to improve. I would give him the 8 mil and not risk watching him improve and become a great player elsewhere!!!

I don't think marvin is ever going to be a great player, but I do believe he is vital to our team. He fits what we need at that spot perfectly. He's our best on the ball defender and his jumper has steadily improved over the years. If he keeps this up he could be a very solid 18 and 8 guy and I'll gladly take that!!!

Yea, I think he's doing pretty well. He only just started shooting the 3 last year and I'm pretty sure he's still improving his shot.

His defense is great especially against tall SF's like Lebron. I think the ATL/CLE seriese would have been more of a challenge had Williams been playing.

For the record, When comparing Marvin to ALL forward in the leage he's:

42nd in PPG

40th in EFF

35th in Rebounds

Not too bad if you ask me. I can see him getting into the low 30's with each of these next year.

Its worth keeping him arround for another 2 years to see how he does.

Marvin is not worth no 8 million he hasnt proven worth that not even close.

Nice pictures, however if Knight loved little pg who cant play defense and fade at crunch time he would have just taken Jameer Nelson the year before Paul got drafted so we wouldnt have had Smoove anyhow.