• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll for the day

coachx

Who do you like at SG, SF, & 6th man ?   

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel comfortable with the same starting 5 from this past year and adding crawford to the bench now. Especially since we resigned bibby now, at first i wanted crawford to start in case we wouldnt get bibby but now i say we have a potential 6th man of the year next year and hey i mean flip can still come back i would love to have him back. You can never have too much depth in my opinon. Flip did his thing for us last year and he finished number 6 in sixth man of the year last year so he means alot to this team we can still bring him back after we resign marvin. Either Flip comes back or Childress comes back. Take your pick!

Either Flip comes back or Childress comes back. Take your pick!

I don't see either coming back.

Chillz wants to be a NBA starter or be a star in Greece. His head is as big as his fro b/c there are only 4 or 5 teams he could start for.

Flip could play a huge role for a team like the Bulls. (If they trade Hinrich and Thomas for Boozer). I see him going to a team that asks him to be their 6th man, meaning they could probably pay him more then we could payFlip to be our 8th or 9th man.

Edited by coachx

I voted for Marvin, JJ, and Crawford. I think that question, as it is stated, is asked in a vacuum. If you assume no other moves are made, then that's it. If Marvin is used to bring in additional players, my vote could go the other way. Defensively, I think we're better off with Marvin. If he's used to bring in a defensive big, that could change. It's all relative.

I voted for Marvin, JJ, and Crawford. I think that question, as it is stated, is asked in a vacuum. If you assume no other moves are made, then that's it. If Marvin is used to bring in additional players, my vote could go the other way. Defensively, I think we're better off with Marvin. If he's used to bring in a defensive big, that could change. It's all relative.

Right.

If we lose Marvin we likely sign Flip and get some guy to be our 9th or 10th man off the bench.

I would much rather have Marvin.

Diesel and Hotatlanta were making all this noise of how Marvin is expendable. They ranted for 4 pages of how the Hawks would be a better team without Marvin and with Crawford starting at SG and JJ at SF. That seemed crazy too me.

I did not think the context of the poll was off at all based on the context of their earlier "debate." I choose not to "debate" those two b/c we live in different worlds.

Edited by coachx

marvin is so young .. its laughable that anyone wants to get rid of a player like him. he is a class act and has worked on his game hard. HE will only get better.

Yeah. The thing about Marvin is that he understands his limitations, and he doesn't try to force the issue on things he cannot do. The fact is, there aren't many things Marvin lacks from a skill level standpoint. He's a terrific jump shooter that can get into the lane and get to the free throw line. He's a good defender, above average rebounder for his position, and a team player. I'm convinced that some don't respect the last part about him being a team guy. He's a better basketball player than Josh Smith, who has far more limitations in terms of his overall skill level. The only things Josh has on Marvin are athleticism and shot blocking.

Right.

If we lose Marvin we likely sign Flip and get some guy to be our 9th or 10th man off the bench.

Diesel and Hotatlanta were making all this noise of how Marvin is expendable. They ranted for 4 pages of how the Hawks would be a better team without Marvin and with Crawford starting at SG and JJ at SF. That seemed crazy too me.

I did not think the context of the poll was off at all based on the context of their earlier "debate." I choose not to "debate" those two b/c we live in different worlds.

I don't think it would happen, but moving Marvin in a S&T deal and resigning Flip is certainly an option. I think it is an option that would significantly weaken the Hawks defense, but it is a move that would allow Mike Woodson to have three players on the floor that he trusts offensively over having just two. I hope they keep Marvin and Mike starts to trust Marvin and Al more on offense though.

I was hoping we wouldn't resign Bibby and go with a Crawford and JJ backcourt. Crawford may not be a "true point guard", but neither is Bibby. We could have then used Bibby's $$$ to get a decent big man.

I keep reading "true point guard". Seriously, what entails that? Mike Bibby has has a very productive, and long career playing what I though was the point guard position. If he's not a point guard, what the hell is he?

I keep reading "true point guard". Seriously, what entails that? Mike Bibby has has a very productive, and long career playing what I though was the point guard position. If he's not a point guard, what the hell is he?

Penetrates, drives and dishes, etc. I'd say Bibby is a 6'1" shooting guard. I'd also add it's someone who makes more assists than your 2 guard.

Edited by Watchman

Penetrates, drives and dishes, etc. I'd say Bibby is a 6'1" shooting guard. I'd also add it's someone who makes more assists than your 2 guard.

Very unslefish shooting guard. Not many that average more than 6 assists a game over their careers, like Bibby.

• Premium Member
Right.

I ask you to point to one time where I said that Marvin was "expendable".

I have said that he's tradable.

I have said that maybe we can play him off the bench.

But not expendable. I don't believe in losing players for nothing.

This is a pretty obvious answer. JJ, Marv, and Craw off the bench. Gives us versatility in the starting lineup and also gives us somebody off the bench that coaches actually have to spend some time planning for. Crawford is dangerous on the offensive end and thats a luxury to have off the bench, y would we not want to use that to our advantage?

• Premium Member
This is a pretty obvious answer. JJ, Marv, and Craw off the bench. Gives us versatility in the starting lineup and also gives us somebody off the bench that coaches actually have to spend some time planning for. Crawford is dangerous on the offensive end and thats a luxury to have off the bench, y would we not want to use that to our advantage?

Pretty obvious to those of us that don"t live in that alternative universe