• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Woodson on "BUCK & KINCADE"

kamillion

he's talking about the zaza & bibby press conference... but he's stressed 3 different times in this interview how they will be looking for a deal for likely 2 more big men.. if he says it- you have to believe there are some aggressive talks- b/c he's normally the guy saying 'i think we look good' and leave it alone.

i dont know- just my 2 cents.

and of course- he's saying finishing a contract for marvin is 'next on the agenda'.

he's talking about the zaza & bibby press conference... but he's stressed 3 different times in this interview how they will be looking for a deal for likely 2 more big men.. if he says it- you have to believe there are some aggressive talks- b/c he's normally the guy saying 'i think we look good' and leave it alone.

i dont know- just my 2 cents.

and of course- he's saying finishing a contract for marvin is 'next on the agenda'.

I like what I read.

I hope the talks with Andersen are not done yet.

Who could the bigs be ?

Elson or Gradzuric from the Bucks in a Chillz sign and trade ?

Wilcox or Gooden as free agents ?

Aaron Gray for cheap ?

Edited by coachx

Two big men? Wow, must be a shooting PF type (AndersEN) and a banger (Wilcox, Voshkul, Gadz).

But, I agree one of those bigs must be coming in a Childress deal.

Sund certainly is busy this summer.

I say offer Andersen another contract and try to work it out with him. I am sure he will reconsider if he gets a better contract. He would be a very interesting role player at PF and maybe trade Childress to the Bucks for Gradzuric. That would be amazing.

A Chils trade is likely going to bring in a Gadz type player; not quite as good as Zaza. my big question is; is the "other" big gonna be better than Zaza?

Even if we add another big as good as Zaza that would be huge. WOuld kind of stink for Solo, but man talk about adding depth this off-season if in addition to Crawford and Teague we land more front court help

Edit: Imagine if that extra big was Marcus Camby. Supposedly teams are interested

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

I've been loving this offseason so far but if this is true then I really REALLY can't wait for the season

-Resign Marvin is huge. Gotta get that done to keep the core of our team together.

-Bring in Anderson. I think he would be a better fit then Solo or Randoph. He is big and adds great deph.

-Sign a Banger for 2nd Big. Just adds to a great bench so key players don't tire and becomed injured. This is huge!

-Resign Marvin is huge. Gotta get that done to keep the core of our team together.

-Bring in Anderson. I think he would be a better fit then Solo or Randoph. He is big and adds great deph.

-Sign a Banger for 2nd Big. Just adds to a great bench so key players don't tire and becomed injured. This is huge!

I agree.

I would love to see us take a chance on Anderson at least. Other than that, with what's left (barring a surprise deal for Camby or something) I like Wilcox. He could be a good fit here on our bench

Regardless, I LOVE hearing that Woody and them are still after some bigs. Makes me rest a little easier.

And although we are coming back with the same starting lineup (as of now), remember how young a team we were and the bench is shaping up to be a lot better. If everyone improves a little we should be fine.

I'm stunned he said that. He is usually tight lipped. Guess Sund is easier to live with than BK . . . . . that wouldn't be hard to do. But it is reasonable to think that DA is playing hard to get to see what he is worth, but I like the names being thrown around. Might be a little too optimistic.

The original ideas were too good to be true. Solo is probably one of them. The question is who is the mystery man big? Let the speculation begin. I would guess that it is not one of the bigger names left but more marginal and there are several of them out there.

Some other (cheaper) free-agent big men in this summer's bargain bin include: some of these guys might have signed.

Who would be the top three that would be reasonable?

Mikki Moore

Johan Petro,

Rasho Nesterovic,

Chris Mihm,

Jamaal Magloire,

Melvin Ely,

Robert Swift,

Theo Ratliff,

Jason Collins,

Saer Sene,

DJ Mbenga,

Calvin Booth

Patrick O'Bryant

Well, three guys that Rick Sund has a history with are Chris Wilcox, Johan Petro, and Robert Swift. Of those, I think Chris Wilcox is the one that you have to look to first. Johan Petro has been a functional big man and wouldn't be a bad 10th or 11th man in the rotation. Robert Swift is hit or miss at this point.

Drew Gooden is an obvious name that should be coming up. He has never lived up to his draft status, but he has become a solid role player that will defend when he's interested in doing that. He would offer a solid offensive performer off the bench as well. The question is, can you get Chris Wilcox and Drew Gooden with the MLE? My guess it is it one or none.

A guy who will probably be cheap that I think the Hawks should have on the radar is Joe Smith. He's a veteran that is injury prone, but he's a very solid role player with a mid range game. He would give the Hawks a guy who could be that pick and pop role player that could give this offense more options.

Then there is Rasho Nesterovic, who is probably the only true center on the list. He's a weak defensive player, but he's posted a FG%, TS%, and eFG% over .500 in each of the last four years. He's also a playoff tested big man who was a solid back up and role player with the Spurs.

I think if you sign Rasho Nesterovic and Johan Petro, you have two cheap big men that can one big man rolled into two bodies, so to speak. You can take Nesterovic's offensive ability and combine it with Johan Petro's defensive ability, and you have a solid big man.

Some other (cheaper) free-agent big men in this summer's bargain bin include: some of these guys might have signed.

Who would be the top three that would be reasonable?

Mikki Moore

Johan Petro,

Rasho Nesterovic,

Chris Mihm,

Jamaal Magloire,

Melvin Ely,

Robert Swift,

Theo Ratliff,

Jason Collins,

Saer Sene,

DJ Mbenga,

Calvin Booth

Patrick O'Bryant

I'd take Magloire anyday! He should definately be on the top of the list for the hawks in my opinion. He plays hard and gives us that enforcer type player that we need. I don't know about anybody else but everytime we played the heat Magloire just got to me, I hated when he was in the game but I would love to have him on our side!

I'd take Magloire anyday! He should definately be on the top of the list for the hawks in my opinion. He plays hard and gives us that enforcer type player that we need. I don't know about anybody else but everytime we played the heat Magloire just got to me, I hated when he was in the game but I would love to have him on our side!

Magloire seems to have really slipped in the past 2 years. He's more of a 5 minute, agitator these days.

Chris Wilcox & one of the banger types: Voshkul, Mihm, Petro, or Swift would be the guys that the Hawks should go after.

However, I think MrHonline is probably right, Solo is one of the two bigs.

Best case (if no trades occur):

Wilcox & Mihm/Petro/Voshkul

Worst:

Solo & Swift

Even in the worst case, its not too bad. Swift seems to play with a chip on his shoulder and can handle the boards.