• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Matt Barnes

http://twitter.com/jareddudley619http://twitter.com/jareddudley619

Per Ric Bucher,

Seems as though the Cavs and Hawks are interested in Matt Barnes. I watched him a lot in G.S. and he's got mad heart, shoot nice 3's and is absolutely loved by his teammates. He can be a guy that gels our team even closer on and off the court. I'm all for it. Plays pretty good D as well. I know he's not a big but I think we need another small forward type because Jamal is a G really, so after Marv we don't have that much. Thoughts?

http://twitter.com/jareddudley619http://twitter.com/jareddudley619

Per Ric Bucher,

Seems as though the Cavs and Hawks are interested in Matt Barnes. I watched him a lot in G.S. and he's got mad heart, shoot nice 3's and is absolutely loved by his teammates. He can be a guy that gels our team even closer on and off the court. I'm all for it. Plays pretty good D as well. I know he's not a big but I think we need another small forward type because Jamal is a G really, so after Marv we don't have that much. Thoughts?

What about Evans? If we sign Barnes, we're very deep at the 1-3 spots. Maybe too deep to get everyone who deserves it some quality PT. Bibby/Teague, JJ/Crawford, Marvin/Evans&Barnes. Maybe the idea is that Marvin would play more minutes at the 4 this year? I don't know. I really like the fact that we're getting deeper, but I just don't see Woodson getting 10 guys in the rotation. If anything, I think signing Barnes would mean that Teague is the odd man out of the rotation. Somebody refresh my memory, when's the last time we drafted a point guard between 10-20 and made him warm the bench for 46 minutes a game his first 2 years... I can't remember.

Anyway, I like Barnes and actually think he'd be a good fit, but I'd rather have a big body.

• Admin

What about Evans? If we sign Barnes, we're very deep at the 1-3 spots. Maybe too deep to get everyone who deserves it some quality PT. Bibby/Teague, JJ/Crawford, Marvin/Evans&Barnes. Maybe the idea is that Marvin would play more minutes at the 4 this year? I don't know. I really like the fact that we're getting deeper, but I just don't see Woodson getting 10 guys in the rotation. If anything, I think signing Barnes would mean that Teague is the odd man out of the rotation. Somebody refresh my memory, when's the last time we drafted a point guard between 10-20 and made him warm the bench for 46 minutes a game his first 2 years... I can't remember.

Anyway, I like Barnes and actually think he'd be a good fit, but I'd rather have a big body.

Barnes would be a nice pickup but only after we get our backup bigman. I like Barnes and he really puts it all out there when he is on the floor but we really don't need him that much. I would rather get two backup big men then get another sf/sg type.

He does have the worst looking tatoos in the league probably after Robert Swift.

Considering Teague prob won't see the court that much this season. I think there is room for a player like Barnes on our team even if Marvin is re-sign. The deeper our bench is the more rest JJ will get. As it stands now you can pretty much bet JJ is still going to get heavy mins. Add in a guy like Barnes who Woodson would likely trust. Then we can see JJ getting some much needed rest. We can still add Barnes and big or two.

Hey you see Posey as my avatar. I love supporting hustle guys. Barnes is one of my favs. He will give the Hawks toughness that is for sure. He is the anti-Marvin. Guys he is a SF/PF. He is an excellent defender (can guard the PF spot as well) and hustle guy that will get all the loose balls for us and be an enforcer as well if you want him to (not afraid of contact to say the least). He is a great rebounder for his size, 3 pt shooter and an underrated passer as well.

Edited by GameTime

Heck, Matt Barnes is an upgrade over Marvin.

I'm not afraid to say it. Matt Barnes has more heart, athletism, shooting, defense. Whatelse?, Just dang Better.

Huh ? Really ? I don't even think Diesel would co-sign that one.

But to break your claims down, he is not more athletic. He cannot shoot better. His defense really isn't better either and if it is it's not by that much. Although he has a lot more heart and plays with much more energy, like a bench player should.

Edited by EazyRoc

Huh ? Really ? I don't even think Diesel would co-sign that one.

But to break your claims down, he is not more athletic. He cannot shoot better. His defense really isn't better either and if it is it's not by that much. Although he has a lot more heart and plays with much more energy, like a bench player should.

Matt Barnes is more athletic than Marvin. Look at his Vert's and lane agility or just look at him play. Barnes shoots about 4 more 3's a game at about an equal rate to Marvin's 2, I would say he is better. His defense is much better. The main difference, Marvin is passive on D, Barnes is aggressive (yet not in a fouling way) on D. I would like my starters to come out with more heart, energy, and passion then my bench players since they are starting the game.

I like Matt Barnes alot. He's capable of guarding three positions. Hard nosed and above average defender.

I think he has advantages over Marv in handles, slightly better 3 point shooting, better finisher, stronger.

I think Marv is better mid range shooter, slightly better rebounder, slightly better perimeter defender.

Matt Barnes is more athletic than Marvin. Look at his Vert's and lane agility or just look at him play. Barnes shoots about 4 more 3's a game at about an equal rate to Marvin's 2, I would say he is better. His defense is much better. The main difference, Marvin is passive on D, Barnes is aggressive (yet not in a fouling way) on D. I would like my starters to come out with more heart, energy, and passion then my bench players since they are starting the game.

Marvin is bigger, longer, and faster. The only thing Matt Barnes has on him is pure hops, but it doesn't matter when you factor in the fact that Marvin's standing reach is a full foot higher and his wingspan is half a foot wider. Also, Marvin has gotten significantly stronger and faster since pre-draft camp in 2005 when he was 19 years old. Matt Barnes shot a horrible 42%, so I don't see how on earth you could consider him a better shooter. His defense isn't that much better really. The schemes are different here than in Phoenix, so Marvin doesn't get to play a whole lot of man. When he manned up on the best, like LeBron and Paul Pierce, he did exceptionally well. He was frustrating Paul Pierce (can't remember exactly which game) and even blocked his shot. Also, when your role is to play d like a man possessed, it's easier to focus on just that ala Mario West.