• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are expecting a vet big man vistor [Joe Smith] tomorrow

pimp

Josh is going to play how he is going to play regardless of the position. This team is not going to win anything with a Josh/Marvin/Al front line. It's never going to happen. Josh presents a lot of weaknesses also. He does. That's why I'm open to trade him or Marvin. One of these two guys need to go. This line up the team currently has can only get them the 4th spot anytime soon. Honestly, I think this team is going to slip out of 4th spot. If Gilbert stays healthy and the Washington plays to it's potential, they could swipe 4th seed this year. Depending on how much Rose improves, Chicago could also be a threat this year.

So be it.

Like I said Hots I feel you for wanting a true 7 footer. Sund's previous job resume shows he loves bigs also..... taking a abundance of them with his draft picks. I do think sooner or later, as his previous resume does suggest, he will try and get one either through a trade and/or draft selection. Just have to wait and see if he makes a move for one who is starting caliber this season...

Do you know how you get closer to the big 3? You add quality depth and you continue to grow from within with your younger players. Our young players have not peaked yet and they aren't even close. They will continue to get better but we need to surround them with quality veteran players and solid depth. Joe Smith accomplishes all of that. And if he wasn't valuable why did the Cavs and Celtics both try so hard to get him last year?

Plus he's not that old, he'll be 34 in 4 days. Compare that to Shaq who just turned 37.

The players aren't fully improved? Al wasn't notably better last season than he was as a rookie. Josh was mediocre last season. Marvin improved in a couple of area's, but it didn't really result in a lot of productivity. Joe has appeared to get worse the last 2 seasons. Outside of maybe Teague, I think the players on this team are a lot closer to peaking than people think.

Joe didn't help Cleveland in the playoffs much last year. 5 points and 3 rebounds isn't really helping all that much.

No one here is plain dumb..what an assinine comment to make. Joe Smith is a proven backup but there a couple of other free agents that have different skill sets. I don't think anyone here would have a heart attack if we signed Joe; just some value players such as Powe and Ike a little more.

And who is to say we can't get two?

Dang, thanks for the back-up. It's good to be here.

At any rate....I guess I echo the sentiments of many that when lookin at the Hawks last year (ESPECIALLY vs CLEVELAND) where we got flat out punked.

I also hate the way Philly just abused us. When this happens, we have 1 man that rolls up his sleeves and bangs, and that's Pechulia. I want him to have a road dog on this team that will get in and scrap with him.

I know that Powe is 6'7", but he plays like he has 3 balls. We don't need a starter, or even a 6th man, just someone to serve as a bouncer and help relieve Pechulia from having to be the big brother for the entire team.

What's the use of having a big man if he plays like a small forward?

We already have JJ, Mike, Jamal, maybe Marvin and (unfortunately) Smoove, who jack-up the rock. I want somebody to go get it and bring the pain in the process.

Maybe Dennis Rodman has a little sister who can help us.

The players aren't fully improved? Al wasn't notably better last season than he was as a rookie. Josh was mediocre last season. Marvin improved in a couple of area's, but it didn't really result in a lot of productivity. Joe has appeared to get worse the last 2 seasons. Outside of maybe Teague, I think the players on this team are a lot closer to peaking than people think.

Joe didn't help Cleveland in the playoffs much last year. 5 points and 3 rebounds isn't really helping all that much.

Yet, the team won more games than it has in a decade. Nope no one on the team improved. Never happens. :questions:

Yet, the team won more games than it has in a decade. Nope no one on the team improved. Never happens. :questions:

And if that's the case that the players didn't improve then that must mean one thing. Dare I say it? It must then be Mike Woodson who improved this team so much last year.

:saythat:

ok Dolfan I was with you until you started talking about Woody, lol. But anyway I understand that its been a long time since we have been anywhere near where we are right now as a team but as a fanbase we REALLY need to be a lil more patient with the team that we have now. I really think that in about 2 years we will be right there at the top of the conference and in the running for a championship year in and year out. Y do we have to make drastic roster changes to improve? Time, thats all we need.

It's funny... There has been plenty of talk over the course of the season about people being disappointed in Josh Smith and JJ's play this season. Al to a much lesser extent... Where is the major improvement from the players? Is saying" They won a DECENT number of games in the weak east" all you're going to bring to the table?

Where is Josh Smith's improvement? What did JJ do better this season? What did Al do better this season? Tell me how these players improved. Marvin's production was pretty close to what he gave before. Where is the big improvement?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It's funny... There has been plenty of talk over the course of the season about people being disappointed in Josh Smith and JJ's play this season. Al to a much lesser extent... Where is the major improvement from the players? Is saying" They won a DECENT number of games in the weak east" all you're going to bring to the table?

Where is Josh Smith's improvement? What did JJ do better this season? What did Al do better this season? Tell me how these players improved. Marvin's production was pretty close to what he gave before. Where is the big improvement?

Did anyone use the words major or big in this thread to describe the individual players improvement? And besides even if someone wanted to spend their time proving how player x improved you'd simply deny it so what's the point?

ok Dolfan I was with you until you started talking about Woody, lol. But anyway I understand that its been a long time since we have been anywhere near where we are right now as a team but as a fanbase we REALLY need to be a lil more patient with the team that we have now. I really think that in about 2 years we will be right there at the top of the conference and in the running for a championship year in and year out. Y do we have to make drastic roster changes to improve? Time, thats all we need.

I agree, patience is the key here. Just build around these guys and allow them to plateau before we consider making a drastic change.

If we traded for Kaman our front-court rotation could go like this:

Center: Kaman 28, Zaza 16, Horford 4

PF: Smoove 20, Horf 28,

SF: MW 30, Smoove 12, Mo 6

SG: JJ 34, Craw 14

PG: Bibby 26, Craw 14, Teague 8

Something wrong with this senario ?

Who would we trade for Kaman?

Since we seem to be keeping all of our talent...what scrub(s) are we trading for Kaman?

Edited by Buzzard

One thing immediately jumps out at me. What did you trade to get Kaman? He makes 10.4 million so you're going to have to include at least one of our core players to do it.

The second thing that jumps out at me is that you have Horford coming off the bench. I highly doubt that a GM who believes Horford has All-Star potential in his 2nd season would consider benching him.

Other than that I suppose it's fine.

Did anyone use the words major or big in this thread to describe the individual players improvement? And besides even if someone wanted to spend their time proving how player x improved you'd simply deny it so what's the point?

I've learned through multiple warnings that there is no point...

Based on your scenerio we get Kaman for Randolf Morris (the only player on our roster you habe not gioven minutes too). Not only is that illegal within the cap rules...........the Clippers want value for Kaman.

The Clippers want Kaman to pair with Blake Griffin. He is the perfect defensive compliment to Griffin's game.

Even if we offered Horford or Smith I doubt they want them since they have Griffin.

Edited by coachx

-Other than FG%... Josh Smith's numbers were down from a year ago across the board.

-JJ was at least hot the 2nd half of last year. His numbers were down as well.

-AL. Some of his numbers went up and his game looked just the same for the most part.

-Acie Law... Where did he improve?

The two 8 game home winning streaks were a large part of why this team had a decent season.

My point was more about minutes available for a quality BIG. S&T MW for Kaman (three way), sign Flip let JJ slide to the SF for some minutes.

I just cannot take any scenarios seriously that have Horf at the 4 and Smoove at the 3. If you think Woody's halfcourt offense was stagnant last year...just try and imagine a frontline that can't hit anything consistently outside 18ft; and then throw in the fact that not one, but two of them (Kaman and Smoove) shot less than .700 from the charity stripe last year.

It would be like hack a Shaq times two in any close game....in other words about as much fun and productive as watching paint dry.

Edited by Buzzard