• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yahoo.com: Marvin Williams resigns with Atlanta

MrNique

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Asp8F05rZr6KItyqMmjunJu8vLYF?slug=mc-williams072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Atlanta Hawks and restricted free-agent forward Marvin Williams(notes) reached an agreement on an undisclosed contract on Wednesday, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Williams averaged 13.9 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 61 games last season. The 23-year-old was selected by Atlanta with the second overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

http://www.realgm.com/

There's a nice picture on the front page of RealGM for all the Marvin haters

I am really glad this is done. Our roster is filling out now and we didn't lose anyone significant this offseason besides flip (but he is replaced by Crawford).

I am really interested to see what the terms are.

Now lets get our backup big!!

Edited by capstone21

I am really glad this is done. Our roster is filling out now and we didn't lose anyone significant this offseason besides flip (but he is replaced by Crawford).

I am really interested to see what the terms are.

Now lets get our backup big!!

Me too. I REALLY hope it is a multi-year deal and that Marvin didn't just sign the QO.

Me too. I REALLY hope it is a multi-year deal and that Marvin didn't just sign the QO.

It almost has to be a multi-year deal.

If the Hawks offered a 1 year deal for less than the QO Marvin would reject it and sign the QO?

On the other hand why would the Hawks offer more than the QO on a 1 year deal?

Personally I hope it's a 5 year deal and not a 6 year deal. Even the superstars are signing 5 year deals (or extensions) if memory serves. 6 years is just too long of a commitment to make in a sport where the guy could get injured in a number of ways and never be worth his contract.

I for one will light a candle for Diesel. My prayers will be with him in these trying times ...

:grimace:

We are all Hawks fans are we not?

If Marvin is signed to a 5 year deal who here will not root for Marvin Williams - raise your hands!

:help wanted3:

It almost has to be a multi-year deal.

If the Hawks offered a 1 year deal for less than the QO Marvin would reject it and sign the QO?

On the other hand why would the Hawks offer more than the QO on a 1 year deal?

Personally I hope it's a 5 year deal and not a 6 year deal. Even the superstars are signing 5 year deals (or extensions) if memory serves. 6 years is just too long of a commitment to make in a sport where the guy could get injured in a number of ways and never be worth his contract.

I sure hope you are right. I guess I was thinking that the contract "agreement" could be that he signed the QO before the team rescinded it. I agree on 5 versus 6 years. I think that is better for the player and the team. Marvin will still be young enough in 5 years to sign a second deal if he proves to be worth it.

5 years 40 million? I wonder if Rick Sund came on here and voted in the "Is Marvin Williams worth 8 million" poll. I guess it doesn't matter since we know his answer :)

If those are the actual numbers then Sund did a great job and I hope that this deal starts low and increases each year that way we have a little extra breathing room under the luxury tax this year although I suspect that it will be a flat 8 million per year deal.

I still dont see how anything Marvin has done warrants him 8 million a year for 5 years this is the worst signing of the offseason.

So Smoove is worth $58M but Marvin is not worth $40M because Smoove scored 1.7 more ppg, grabbed 1 more rbg, got 1 more bpg and 1 more apg? Yeah, right! :questions: