• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Siler accepts Hawks offer to attend September Camp (P3)

gsuteke

• Moderators

well i think the reasons for wanting morris at the time were different than siler...sure morris had decent size but moreso we all knew he was a high school bluechipper and if he had came out of college that first year he was a first rounder....

Umm...Morris did declare for the draft after his first year in college and he wasn't picked at all. That is how the Knicks were able to sign him as a FA after he returned to school without having to wait for Morris to go through the draft.

I agree that I am glad that Siler has agreed to attend the Hawks training camp in September. I think he really could be that "Diamond in the Rough" type player and it seems to me that the Hawks could use a player with his size to mix it up when they play some of the bigger centers in the league. Hopefully, Siler will be one of those late bloomers and he will develop into a quality center for the Hawks and have a long career in Atlanta!

• Premium Member

I agree that I am glad that Siler has agreed to attend the Hawks training camp in September. I think he really could be that "Diamond in the Rough" type player and it seems to me that the Hawks could use a player with his size to mix it up when they play some of the bigger centers in the league. Hopefully, Siler will be one of those late bloomers and he will develop into a quality center for the Hawks and have a long career in Atlanta!

I get a feeling Siler will stick with the Hawks and become a fan fave off the bench rather quickly. All he has to do is play with the same tenacity and energy he had in summer league and stay in shape. AUG stand up! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Stupid Question! Now that Siler has accepted the Hawks offer to attend their September camp where does that put him in regards to free agency? Am I wrong that my understanding is that Siler has accepted to attend the Hawks camp but he has not signed a contract with them? Can he still sign with any other team and if the answer is yes will the Hawks try to sign him before the camp begins or will they wait to see how he performs at the camp?

• Premium Member

Stupid Question! Now that Siler has accepted the Hawks offer to attend their September camp where does that put him in regards to free agency? Am I wrong that my understanding is that Siler has accepted to attend the Hawks camp but he has not signed a contract with them? Can he still sign with any other team and if the answer is yes will the Hawks try to sign him before the camp begins or will they wait to see how he performs at the camp?

The same thing happened to Udonis Haslem. He was in the Hawk's training camp several years ago and the Hawks didn't sign him so he signed with Miami.