• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel vs Ex

Buzzard

Is Marvin good enough  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Diesel and Ex are never going to stop arguing and posting about Marvin (Alphabetical listing here no preference intended, D comes before E) so I thought we should just do this poll and settle it once and for all.

Once this poll has run its course, I really do not see a reason why anyone should feel the need read another Marvin post by either. My reasoning is simple: their opinions of Marvin will never change therefore their post about Marvin will never change; and last and just as important, your opinion of their opinion of Marvin will never change.

Disclaimer: if you ever see a thread topic by either that does not claim the "exact same facts and opinions of Marvin" as they have expressed over the last three years, then reading the thread may be new content and appropriate to read. Cheers :beer11:

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Yaaaaaawwn........

when so much energy is directed at the disputes of these posters, it only acknowedges their over-hyped sence of self-worth. it grows tiresome and i find myself simply skipping over more posts than not when they are both replying within the same threads.

i will say that they obviously value each other more than they let on, because they otherwise they wouldn't give the attention to each other in their signature tags below their posts.

• Like 3

Yaaaaaawwn........

when so much energy is directed at the disputes of these posters, it only acknowedges their over-hyped sence of self-worth. it grows tiresome and i find myself simply skipping over more posts than not when they are both replying within the same threads.

i will say that they obviously value each other more than they let on, because they otherwise they wouldn't give the attention to each other in their signature tags below their posts.

I'm with Psycho

This is getting tiresome.

Given the number of separate yet redundant post on one player by just two members....I thought is was funny and appropriate :)

Edited by Buzzard

I'll defend both Diesel and Ex.

They both have the right to form their own opinion and have, not only about MW but an entire list of things.

Most of the time, these two can disagree without becoming disagreeable.

As far as I'm concerned, these two fine gentlemen can agree or disagree all they want to. What it

all comes down to, both want the Hawks to be a winning team. If we are truly Hawk fans, then that's

what we want, too.

If there was no disagreement, what would we post about? Where would be the excitement? With no

games going on, all or almost all of us have built and rebuilt this Hawks roster, while not making any

difference to the real Hawk team, we imagine what could happen.

Diesel and Ex, keep up the good work. Give us something to think about and post about until there

are games being played. If you two don't stir the pot, who will??

:camera2:

• Premium Member

Diesel and Ex, keep up the good work. Give us something to think about and post about until there

You are in the minority when you assume that Diesel's criticisms of Marvin is based upon what he thinks is best for the team. Because if they were, he would freely admit that he was mistaken when his claims were clearly proven wrong which he doesn't. What he commonly does is change the argument just to keep things controversial. His arguments are similar to political arguments that attempt to prove that Obama is unfit to be President because he is unpatriotic based on the fact that he didn't wear flag pins and when that is proven wrong the discussion moves to his citizenship and then to something else etc. If you can't see that this is the case like everyone else, I don't know what else to tell you. Bottom line is I don't agree with anything you said in your post except Ex is a fan of the team and he offers very intelligent discussion on how to improve this team.

Sure everyone has the right to their opinions here even Hotlanta, but let us be realistic about the goal of having a message board for Atlanta Hawks fans. I assume that this board was designed to create an environment where fans of the Atlanta Hawks basketball team could communicate and show there support for this team. To me it seems a bit odd for a team to experience a successful season with improvements every year for the past 5 years with the future looking bright only to have its fan base come here to a million threads about how bad the team or player(s) are on this team particularly before the team has peaked. So in other words Gray Mule, some criticisms can be seen as excessive which can lead one to believe that such criticism offered is by a very unusual individual or there is some hidden agenda outside of wanting to improve the team. In the case of Diesel, it may be a combination of both.

• Like 1

I'll defend both Diesel and Ex.

Here is what the Diesel vs Ex aurgument is in a nutshell:

Diesel: Marvin is not good enough

Ex: Marin is good enough

Diesel: is not

Ex: is too

Now throw in the same redundant good stats and a few off the wall ones; and what you end up with is two 6 year olds arguing about the exact same topic for the last three years...I am sorry Mule, but if you think this argument is good work....you need to get a life and learn how to use your imagination some.

Edited by Buzzard

You are in the minority when you assume that Diesel's criticisms of Marvin is based upon what he thinks is best for the team. Because if they were, he would freely admit that he was mistaken when his claims were clearly proven wrong which he doesn't. What he commonly does is change the argument just to keep things controversial. His arguments are similar to political arguments that attempt to prove that Obama is unfit to be President because he is unpatriotic based on the fact that he didn't wear flag pins and when that is proven wrong the discussion moves to his citizenship and then to something else etc. If you can't see that this is the case like everyone else, I don't know what else to tell you. Bottom line is I don't agree with anything you said in your post except Ex is a fan of the team and he offers very intelligent discussion on how to improve this team.

Sure everyone has the right to their opinions here even Hotlanta, but let us be realistic about the goal of having a message board for Atlanta Hawks fans. I assume that this board was designed to create an environment where fans of the Atlanta Hawks basketball team could communicate and show there support for this team. To me it seems a bit odd for a team to experience a successful season with improvements every year for the past 5 years with the future looking bright only to have its fan base come here to a million threads about how bad the team or player(s) are on this team particularly before the team has peaked. So in other words Gray Mule, some criticisms can be seen as excessive which can lead one to believe that such criticism offered is by a very unusual individual or there is some hidden agenda outside of wanting to improve the team. In the case of Diesel, it may be a combination of both.

OUCH - let's keep our discussions here basketball related

Edited by gsuteke

The good work is not in agreeing or not with either poster. The good work is giving Hawksquawk posters

something to post about - - AND IT'S WORKING - - even for you! See. You guys are all talking about those

two and we're having a lively discussion. Why? Because of Diesel and Ex, that's why.

So, we are to believe Diesel doesn't care about the Hawks? You would be wrong to believe this. He has

been a Hawk fan for many years. Diesel really likes MW! He just doesn't like him as much as some others.

He is dissapointed that he hasn't done better - Diesel really wants MW to be better.

Diesel attacts. Ex defends. Both tend to go to the extreme - Going in opposite directions. Somewhere in the

middle of all this we find most of the rest of us Hawk fans. We believe that MW is a better player than Diesel

and not as good a player as Ex says. And, the debate goes on and on.

What does it all prove? Nothing.

To believe that either of these two great Hawks fans should just shut up or go away is wrong thinking. If you

don't want to read their MW debates, skip them and go on. No harm done.

To hint that Diesel and Ex are the only posters to sometimes go off the deep end would mean someone just

isn't paying attention. We all do that sometimes. Even the old man himself. The Diesel / Ex debates have

become so popular that we are now asked to vote on who is right and who is wrong. Imagine that!!

:line dance:

• Premium Member

The good work is not in agreeing or not with either poster. The good work is giving Hawksquawk posters

something to post about - - AND IT'S WORKING - - even for you! See. You guys are all talking about those

two and we're having a lively discussion. Why? Because of Diesel and Ex, that's why.

So, we are to believe Diesel doesn't care about the Hawks? You would be wrong to believe this. He has

been a Hawk fan for many years. Diesel really likes MW! He just doesn't like him as much as some others.

He is dissapointed that he hasn't done better - Diesel really wants MW to be better.

Diesel attacts. Ex defends. Both tend to go to the extreme - Going in opposite directions. Somewhere in the

middle of all this we find most of the rest of us Hawk fans. We believe that MW is a better player than Diesel

and not as good a player as Ex says. And, the debate goes on and on.

What does it all prove? Nothing.

To believe that either of these two great Hawks fans should just shut up or go away is wrong thinking. If you

don't want to read their MW debates, skip them and go on. No harm done.

To hint that Diesel and Ex are the only posters to sometimes go off the deep end would mean someone just

isn't paying attention. We all do that sometimes. Even the old man himself. The Diesel / Ex debates have

become so popular that we are now asked to vote on who is right and who is wrong. Imagine that!!

:line dance:

Glad to hear that you are entertained by Diesel's rhetoric. You must really enjoy Hotlanta vs whomever after a Hawks loss but for some reason I don't think that the intent is to entertain you.

Most people can find exactly what they're looking for, whether it's entertainment, an argument, a fight,

an insult or a friend.

I believe all posters here on Hawksquawk are my friends and I personally find their postinggs entertaining.

I don't agree with a lot of things. That doesn't mean we can't still be friends or that there is no good to be

found in their posts.

Sometimes a poster goes off the deep end. I laugh and go on. Why? Because, whether they meant to

or not, they have gone so far afield that it becomes entertaining.

:whistling:

• Premium Member

Here is what the Diesel vs Ex aurgument is in a nutshell:

Diesel: Marvin is not good enough

Ex: Marin is good enough

Now throw in the same redundant good stats and a few off the wall ones; and what you end up with is two 6 year olds arguing about the exact same topic for the last three years...I am sorry Mule, but if you think this argument is good work....you need to get a life and learn how to use your imagination some.

dude you're taking no prisoners!

Hey it's a messageboard! Just ignore what you don't like and chime in on what you do.

ttfn

Glad to hear that you are entertained by Diesel's rhetoric. You must really enjoy Hotlanta vs whomever after a Hawks loss but for some reason I don't think that the intent is to entertain you.

Please keep the subject material on the Atlanta Hawks in some form or fashion in the HomeCourt Forum