• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN NEWS reporting Joe smith to hawks

georgiaheel

Its a nice signing at the vet min but there is a good reason all he fetched in his serch was the vet min. I would rather have him than not have him since there isnt much lft out there if anything but I dont think it takes us up another level or even a notch for that matter.

With the possible exception of a backup PG, I think the Hawks will look at prospects from here on out...

Since Denver signed Anthony Carter back, we are still in the running for Jason Hart as our 3rd pg....I think its between us and Philly. They got Lou Williams and Holiday in the draft so I would say they need him more than us but I'd love to have him as our 3rd string pg. By the way, I LOVE the Joe Smith signing...great job Hawks.

Can somebody photoshop a pic of Joe Smith in a Hawks uni cuz I can't wait. I mean this is so significant for a franchise to get a vet like Joe Smith to come here. I don't recall the last time we got a vet to do this. Maybe LaPhonso Ellis back in 2000....I dunno maybe someone after that too but this is huge.

This is the stuff Sund excels in. The man doesn't blink. It makes sense why it took so long, Sund was offering the absolute minimum, and Smith was trying to find a better deal. Sund believed he couldn't so he just waited. That's how you build depth without overspending.

Excellent point on Sund. Smith could not find a team, better then the Hawks, who was ready to sign him for the veteran minimum.

I love this ! I was out of town for 4 days and came back to a good Hawks roster addition.

Sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned but does this mean now that Josh Smith has to have "Jos Smith" on his jersey alongside "Joe Smith".

If so that kind of stinks. It will look ridiculous

Yea how is that going to work.. especially since there are already J.Smith atlanta jersey merchandise.. I don't think the NBA will allow his jersey to change due to the revenue from J.Smith atlanta jersey sales

Yea how is that going to work.. especially since there are already J.Smith atlanta jersey merchandise.. I don't think the NBA will allow his jersey to change due to the revenue from J.Smith atlanta jersey sales

It doesn't Matter... Josh's jersey will have #5 and Joe's jersey will have 32 or whatever number he chooses.

It's not like people can't tell them apart.

One guy wears a headband and the other guy has a head shaped like a question mark. ?

Edited by pimp

It doesn't Matter... Josh's jersey will have #5 and Joe's jersey will have 32 or whatever number he chooses.

It's not like people can't tell them apart.

One guy wears a headband and the other guy has a head shaped like a question mark. ?

Yeah well I don't know about basketball but I know in other sports if two guys have the same first initial and last name, they have to write out enough letters to differentiate the two.

And Joe and Josh actually are similar on the first two. So they may have to write out "Jos" on the jersey which will look ridiculous