• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can They Catch 'Em?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Braves are now 3 games behind Colorado with 8 to play.

They have the worst home record among playoff contenders, but get a homestand against the Fish and the mailing-it-in Nationals to close it out.

The Rockies get out of clinch-hungry St. Louis this weekend, before a mid-week bout with the Brew Crew @ Coors (they're 8-0 against the Cards and Milwaukee). Next weekend they go to LA (3-12 against the Dodgers so far).

My guess is they'll tie and have a one-game playoff. Now that there's no more coin-flipping, I'd imagine the tiebreaker game will be here at Turner Field (4-4 head-to-head; Braves get a slightly better NL record)

~lw3

They have the worst home record among playoff contenders, but get a homestand against the Fish and the mailing-it-in Nationals to close it out.

The Rockies get out of clinch-hungry St. Louis this weekend, before a mid-week bout with the Brew Crew @ Coors (they're 8-0 against the Cards and Milwaukee). Next weekend they go to LA (3-12 against the Dodgers so far).

My guess is they'll tie and have a one-game playoff. Now that there's no more coin-flipping, I'd imagine the tiebreaker game will be here at Turner Field (4-4 head-to-head; Braves get a slightly better NL record)

~lw3

Baseball is still going on?

~lw3

I don't want to jinx anything by saying the Braves have a great chance, but it would be a shame if we don't see this pitching staff in the playoffs.

• Moderators

I'm happy their still in it. Its an amazing run for the Braves. Its about the hottest i've seen them. Our pitching staff is fantastic and would be a nightmare to face in the playoffs. Vazquez is a machine. I think its 2.5 games now right. We can cut it to 2 with a win tonight. That would put some pressure on the Rockies. Go Braves!

I'm happy their still in it. Its an amazing run for the Braves. Its about the hottest i've seen them. Our pitching staff is fantastic and would be a nightmare to face in the playoffs. Vazquez is a machine. I think its 2.5 games now right. We can cut it to 2 with a win tonight. That would put some pressure on the Rockies. Go Braves!

The Braves are now the type of team that used to bounce them out of the playoffs every year - the upstart wildcard club that got hot at the right time. It would be nice to see them sneak in and see what they could do. These are the types of clubs that win rings since they expanded the playoff field in 95.

The only thing I have learned with this year's Braves is to never count them out. They have pulled themselves back into the race at least 5 times this season. At this point, I am going to believe they can make the playoffs until they are eliminated.

I thought by now the AAA guys would be gettin some PT. I'm very impressed, especailly the sweep of STL. Who knew they'd be 16 games over 500 at this time??

The only AAA guy that should have gotten PT was Conrad, yet Bobby ALWAYS put in Greg Norton to PH in a spot that Brooks sould have.. Even played Kelly at 2nd when Prado was hurt for a game. :laughing5: