• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Third Jersey....?

volman

Hey all-- I was on the Hawks.com website and ran across something. I know we have talked about an alternative/third jersey possibly happening this upcoming year, and I think I found an answer. It looks like there is one in the making... Will it be used this year? Next year? I'm thinking they would use it this year..

Link

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page on October 25th, it says "3rd Jersey Unveiling". Looks pretty promising! Can't wait!

Sorry if this has been posted already guys...if it has, just disregard and mods can delete it. If not----then I'm pretty excited that there is a 3rd jersey in the making!

Fun stuff!

hawks-2.jpg

Yeah, its these right here.....don't mind the small white dot on the letter "T". Hawks represenatives tell me it will be fixed.

Edited by KDT88

• Moderators

Bringin back the French's mustard yellow, all right!

I'm just hoping the 3rd Jersey's not red background with blue/silver lettering. A tad too confederate for my tastes.

Stealing from the old PHX Suns and offering an 'ATL' jersey (like the caps) would work well.

~lw3

I wonder what it would be because it seems Stern puts the kibosh on any team wanting a red or black alternate.

Raptors and bulls have a black alternate,

pistons, nets, bucks, blazers, and heat have red alternates

That's almost a quarter of the teams in the league with red or black alternates. If you add in the Spurs black road jerseys, and the 76ers alternates (from last year)...that's alot of teams.

dont discout our chances ;-)

Hawks are incomplete without red!

Idc what it is I'm just excited that we're getting another one, something else to buy!

Raptors and bulls have a black alternate,

pistons, nets, bucks, blazers, and heat have red alternates

That's almost a quarter of the teams in the league with red or black alternates. If you add in the Spurs black road jerseys, and the 76ers alternates (from last year)...that's alot of teams.

dont discout our chances ;-)

Hawks are incomplete without red!

He's an iffy sonuvagun I tell you that. I heard Houston wanted black as their alternate but he forced them to go with that chinese takeout one instead, heard Minny also wanted to keep black as their road jersey but he forced them to use their alternate blue as their permanent. Then at the same time he lets Toronto both get a red then black jersey (apparently because that's Canada's national colors despite the fact I can't find one trace of black on their flag unless you convince me there's black outlining on the maple leaf) he let's Milwaukee strut out their red pseudo-throwbacks now Philly with a permanent pseudo-throwback. Hmm perhaps we'll have a red pseudo-throwback which beats the hell out of just a red alternate.

He's an iffy sonuvagun I tell you that. I heard Houston wanted black as their alternate but he forced them to go with that chinese takeout one instead, heard Minny also wanted to keep black as their road jersey but he forced them to use their alternate blue as their permanent. Then at the same time he lets Toronto both get a red then black jersey (apparently because that's Canada's national colors despite the fact I can't find one trace of black on their flag unless you convince me there's black outlining on the maple leaf) he let's Milwaukee strut out their red pseudo-throwbacks now Philly with a permanent pseudo-throwback. Hmm perhaps we'll have a red pseudo-throwback which beats the hell out of just a red alternate.

I think it'd be fantastic if the Hawks pay homage to our history with a throwback-inspired alternate.