• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think mr.paul pierce owes mr. al horford some money

TeagueForMVP

As Horford and teammate Marvin Williams chatted it up today on "Mayhem in the AM," the morning sports show on Atlanta's 790 The Zone, that incident came up in the conversation. Horford said that during the series, he and Pierce were at the free throw line and the Celtics veteran bet Horford, then a rookie, that the Hawks wouldn't win a game. The wager, Horford said, was for $10,000. Horford said he hasn't talked to Pierce since, "But I know he owes me money." He continued: "Marvin was a witness. We were at the free throw line and he was telling me that they were going to sweep us and all this and, you know, we bet and I never got anything." Boston Globe

thats kinda funny, looks like al horford should get 10k

As Horford and teammate Marvin Williams chatted it up today on "Mayhem in the AM," the morning sports show on Atlanta's 790 The Zone, that incident came up in the conversation. Horford said that during the series, he and Pierce were at the free throw line and the Celtics veteran bet Horford, then a rookie, that the Hawks wouldn't win a game. The wager, Horford said, was for $10,000. Horford said he hasn't talked to Pierce since, "But I know he owes me money." He continued: "Marvin was a witness. We were at the free throw line and he was telling me that they were going to sweep us and all this and, you know, we bet and I never got anything." Boston Globe

thats kinda funny, looks like al horford should get 10k

Yes and that Pierce may be the rotten, crybaby, spoiled, immature brat that I suspect him to be. A $10,000 bet between millionaires is like a $100.00 bet for us regular folk.

Pay up Peirce!

Edited by Buzzard

I have a different take.

Pierce should not pay. IF he does, he's worst than Pete Rose.

There's no betting in Sports.

I don't know about worse than Pete Rose, but I agree that Pierce should have never made the bet - even if he was giving a rookie a hard time.

It looks like that "04" dude on realgm knew exactly what he was talking about back in the 2008 playoffs.

I went from loving the DJ, Bird, Parrish, McHale, Ainge Celtics to hating this current group of Celtics punks like (PeePee, Wallace, and KG).

I hope we get to the 2nd round this year and can face them again in the playoffs..........the problem is I don't think there is any way the Celtics will have the best record but maybe we could finish 2nd or 3rd and they could finish 2nd or 3rd to set up a 2nd round matchup again with them.

Edited by coachx

It looks like that "04" dude on realgm knew exactly what he was talking about back in the 2008 playoffs.

I went from loving the DJ, Bird, Parrish, McHale, Ainge Celtics to hating this current group of Celtics punks like (PeePee, Wallace, and KG).

I hope we get to the 2nd round this year and can face them again in the playoffs..........the problem is I don't think there is any way the Celtics will have the best record but maybe we could finish 2nd or 3rd and they could finish 2nd or 3rd to set up a 2nd round matchup again with them.

2nd round matchup with the Celtics, that sounds so good right now. Please PLEASE PLEASE let that happen!

How arrogant of Pierce. Not to mention I believe they took a shot at Joe Johnson and said he shouldn't have made the All-Star game over Ray Allen. Man I still to this day wish we could have won that game 7.

Horford is making it clear - on his Twitter account - that the interview was "overblown" and he never made a bet with Pierce during the 2008 playoffs.