• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bye bye Super Mario

jerrywest

Well I can't say that this is entirely shocking, though I will miss Mario. I guess the team sees enough raw potential in Siler that they don't want to let him get away. Definitely not surprised that Hunter made the team though from all I've read about him this off-season.

Well I can't say that this is entirely shocking, though I will miss Mario. I guess the team sees enough raw potential in Siler that they don't want to let him get away. Definitely not surprised that Hunter made the team though from all I've read about him this off-season.

I was at the game on Monday and Hunter was not looking sharp. He was letting passes go through his hands. Plus he was not rebounding or scoring well. I guess the Hawks are thinking that they are thin at the forward spot.

Hopefully Mario gets a chance somewhere else. He doesn't have a ton of skills, but he may work harder on the court than anyone I have ever seen.

Yes, I think Woody kept him till the end to let other GMs and scouts get a look. Hope he signs somewhere else also. Guess BK thinks Teague and Crawford are a better combo than Mo amd Law. And lets be real; as much as I like Joe Smith, 20 minutes a night is it for him and that is pushing his limits.

Edited by Buzzard

BK ?

Seems to leave us a bit short in the PG rotation. Hawks invited a few PG's, didn't keep one, then cut the guy that could play PG in a pinch.

BK my bad...meant Woody. Well Acie was usually a token appearance last season; I am thinking Woody sees a lot more in Teague; otherwise it does not make sense.

With both Crawford and Teague being upgrades over Flip and Law................The minutes would just not be there for West. I bet he is picked up for his hustle and attitude by another team. He would be just what the doctor ordered for young team lacking heart and not practicing hard enough.

I really hope Siler spends a lot of time in the D-League where he can develop...........rather then not deveopling at the end of the bench. With Jason Collins on the team there are no minutes out their for him.

The franchise has come along way...................Dixon, Wilks, West, and even Sims will be playing some NBA minutes before the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by coachx

I really hope Siler spends a lot of time in the D-League where he can develop...........rather then not deveopling at the end of the bench. With Jason Collins on the team there are no minutes out their for him.

Siler just released as well, according to HawksPRman tweet: "The departures continue from the Hawks...the team just released C Garret Siler. Thirteen players now make up the team."

Can't say I'm sad about it. Hunter is the one I wanted making the team anyway, so we are set and here we go.

BIBBY-TEAGUE

JOHNSON-CRAWFORD

WILLIAMS-EVANS

SMITH-SMITH-HUNTER

HORFORD-PACHULIA-COLLINS-MORRIS?

Since Evans can scoot up to the 2, and all four of our Guards can play point if needs be, we are fine.

Bring on Indiana.