• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Heat

DrReality

I know what he said. But he still shouldnt have played THAT many minutes. Period.

DWade played almost 30 minutes, is there really that big of a difference in your eyes? And how are the players supposed to build up their stamina for the game if they don't start extending their minutes? You don't expect them to continue to play 24 minutes and then all of a sudden play 35+ do you?

• Like 1

30 would have been my cap...but whatever. As long as this isnt some lame precursor to him playing Joe 38 MPG again. Of course, people will still make excuses for it...but not me. Besides Dolfan, that argument only works if more than just Joe got that kinda time...that wasn't the case.

It could be worse. We could have Nellie as a coach. He only played 8 players tonight. Maybe half of the team has the flu or something. Or maybe Nellie has lost his rocker.

- Monta played 35 min

- Curry played 38 min ( and had a +41 plus/minus number tonight )

- Acie played 20 min ( I wonder if he played SF? )

- and last year's #2 jumpshooter on the Northcyde Jump Shot Index ( Anthony Morrow ) PLAYED ALL 48 MINUTES ( went 14 - 19 FG )

LOL . . Nellie is CRAZZZZZZYYYY

But the Warriors did win easily though.

Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member

DWade played almost 30 minutes, is there really that big of a difference in your eyes? And how are the players supposed to build up their stamina for the game if they don't start extending their minutes? You don't expect them to continue to play 24 minutes and then all of a sudden play 35+ do you?

Uh...yeah. That's exactly what I expect. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERY OTHER GOOD TEAM IN THE DAMNED LEAGUE DOES WITH THEIR STARTERS.

Uh...yeah. That's exactly what I expect. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERY OTHER GOOD TEAM IN THE DAMNED LEAGUE DOES WITH THEIR STARTERS.

You've gotta be kidding me right? First off as Dolfan said, Woody specifically stated he was going to do this so we shouldn't even bring the coach up because this was expected. Secondly, here are the minutes from other players on good teams last night:

-Carmelo, 32 minutes

-Chauncey, 34 minutes

-Kobe, 30 minutes

-Artest, 31 minutes

That completely negates your argument, and the one or two extra minutes are not going to make a difference! If Woody starts doing this throughout the season then that is different but it was ONE GAME! Give it a rest.

• Premium Member

You've gotta be kidding me right? First off as Dolfan said, Woody specifically stated he was going to do this so we shouldn't even bring the coach up because this was expected. Secondly, here are the minutes from other players on good teams last night:

-Carmelo, 32 minutes

-Chauncey, 34 minutes

-Kobe, 30 minutes

-Artest, 31 minutes

That completely negates your argument, and the one or two extra minutes are not going to make a difference! If Woody starts doing this throughout the season then that is different but it was ONE GAME! Give it a rest.

One or two extra minutes makes a big damned difference over the course of a full season - even more if it starts 2 games early in the preseason. Yeah, Woody said he'd be giving his starters more burn in the last two games of the preseason. But he gave JJ more burn last night than any of the guys you listed (Billups was closest at 0:38 less). That's not a good thing to see this early considering that JJ already has a higher MPG over the last 5 years than any other player in the league.

You want to say this is just one game and not a sign of things to come? Fine. All I'm saying is that if JJ is averaging more than 38mpg over the course of the full season again, I'll point to this as the first indication. And if you want to argue that averaging "just" 1-2 extra MPG over the course of a full season doesn't matter, then I don't know what world you're living in.

Edited by niremetal

The sad thing is this: If Joe averages 38 MPG again, even though Woodson has said over and over it wont happen this year (especially with this lineup), people will STILL defend him. But whatever, I just hope Woodson can come out and divvy up the minutes correctly this time.

One or two extra minutes makes a big damned difference over the course of a full season - even more if it starts 2 games early in the preseason. Yeah, Woody said he'd be giving his starters more burn in the last two games of the preseason. But he gave JJ more burn last night than any of the guys you listed (Billups was closest at 0:38 less). That's not a good thing to see this early considering that JJ already has a higher MPG over the last 5 years than any other player in the league.

You want to say this is just one game and not a sign of things to come? Fine. All I'm saying is that if JJ is averaging more than 38mpg over the course of the full season again, I'll point to this as the first indication. And if you want to argue that averaging "just" 1-2 extra MPG over the course of a full season doesn't matter, then I don't know what world you're living in.

Ok I can see where my post may have been confusing, but what I meant to say was one or two minutes is not going to make a difference for one preseason game. All I'm saying is that Woodson has done what he has said he was going to do this preseason (for once). He hasn't given players a lot of burn until these last 3 preseason games.

I think it's best to give Woody the benefit of the doubt until we start seeing this on a regular basis. Believe me, I hate to see JJ get burned out too and I've made my feelings known about that but I think it's way too early to start making a big deal out of it. Either way, so far things are much better with minutes than they were in previous preseasons.