• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Heat

DrReality

• Premium Member

We've got nine guys who have played double figure minutes. And Hunter has played 7, like the looks of that.

I hope woodson doesn't use the 4 guards and a forward line up much during the regular season because that line can't rebound at all!

Josh Smith is 1/10 from the charity stripe. Wow, that is such an epic fail.

Teague is having an off game (1 assist 4 TOs in 20 mins)

Marvin efficient as usual (10 pts on 4 shots)

And it looks like Crawford is having a decent game.

I dont care much about the preseason because it isnt strongly indicative of how the team will play in the regular season, but Josh Smith STILL can't hit his free throws...

• Premium Member

Josh Smith is 1/10 from the charity stripe. Wow, that is such an epic fail.

Teague is having an off game (1 assist 4 TOs in 20 mins)

Marvin efficient as usual (10 pts on 4 shots)

And it looks like Crawford is having a decent game.

I dont care much about the preseason because it isnt strongly indicative of how the team will play in the regular season, but Josh Smith STILL can't hit his free throws...

Why is Joe playing 35 minutes in a preseason game?

OMG, the small lineup is getting crushed. they almost handed the game to the Heats 2nd unit. why did Woody leave them in so long, forget that Miami was playing small position wise, they still had 3 guys 6'8 or taller on the court.

C-Smoove vs. Magloire (6-11) C

PF-Joe vs Wright (6-9) G-F [according to nba.com]

SF-Evans vs Jones (6-8) SF

SG-Crawford vs Cook (6-5) SG

PG-Bibby vs Arroyo (6-2) PG

The fact that it wasnt working since we lost the lead, im really confused why he stuck with it. AL wasnt in foul trouble, I hope nothing happened to him injury wise, Joe Smith had 4 fouls and coulda played.

I hope this wasnt a pre-view of his "offensive" or "shooting" line-up, cuz they definately didnt fit the bill tonite.

• Premium Member

Exactly. 34:30 on the floor for JJ, before the preseason is even out.

And so it begins...

OMG, the small lineup is getting crushed. they almost handed the game to the Heats 2nd unit. why did Woody leave them in so long, forget that Miami was playing small position wise, they still had 3 guys 6'8 or taller on the court.

C-Smoove vs. Magloire (6-11) C

PF-Joe vs Wright (6-9) G-F [according to nba.com]

SF-Evans vs Jones (6-8) SF

SG-Crawford vs Cook (6-5) SG

PG-Bibby vs Arroyo (6-2) PG

The fact that it wasnt working since we lost the lead, im really confused why he stuck with it. AL wasnt in foul trouble, I hope nothing happened to him injury wise, Joe Smith had 4 fouls and coulda played.

I hope this wasnt a pre-view of his "offensive" or "shooting" line-up, cuz they definately didnt fit the bill tonite.

It's a preseason game..see nothing wrong with experimenting.

LOL . . I think Woody was trying to let JJ get a triple-double. Why else would he be playing PF in a 4-guard lineup, at the end of a preseason game?

LOL @ Woody. Bibby - Crawford - Evans - JJ - Smoove ( please don't ever play that group together ever again, unless you need a bunch of 3s to get you back into a game )

That's a "Hawkenstein" lineup.

• Premium Member

We've got nine guys who have played double figure minutes. And Hunter has played 7, like the looks of that.

This is the preseason, for crying out loud. Coaches are SUPPOSED to use a 12-man rotation. They are NOT supposed to play anyone 34+ minutes. There is no freaking reason to play JJ 34:30 in a preseason game. Wade played 29:12 because even freaking Spoelstra is smart enough to realize that these games mean nothing.

I mean, come ON. If he's not going to even give the man 14 minutes of rest now, do you REALLY think he'll be able to keep him at under 38 minutes per game in the regular season?

I guess you're right...but I think we might need to put that line-up back on the shelves for a while.

If Z and Collins were there tonight; wewouldn't have seen that small lineup.

If Mo plays like this all year, we are going to be tough.

Edited by swolehawk2

im only hoping he played Joe that much because he hasnt touched 30 mins all-preseason and wants him to feel where he is at conditioning wise.

If we handle our business early in games, Joe shouldnt avg more than 34 mpg all year, esp with Craw, Mo and Teague contributing.

LOL at you guys complaining about JJ playing 34 minutes. Woody has said since the off-season that the last 2-3 pre-season games he'd start ramping the starters up in minutes to get them ready for the regular season.

I know what he said. But he still shouldnt have played THAT many minutes. Period.