• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Huge misconception about Preseason...

Sasquatch

• Premium Member

The op's first post is one of the of the worst posts I've ever read in my life. Not only is it offensively aggressive and idiotic but it is filled with conjecture that is flat out wrong. I usually wouldn't respond to crap like this but when I see something written with that level of self-righteous pompous indignation, I just can't help myself

Sure, it is conceivable that the Lakers could get beat by 20+ in the preseason. But it is not conceivable that Kobe is gonna role over in the preseason. I mean, let's be clear. If the Lakers get beat by 20+, it was the reserves that got smoked. Kobe ain't goin -20 in the +/- column nowhere, no time, no place (at least, that's what his mindset is). You not gonna laugh at Kobe from the bench in preseason, a pick-up game, where ever...

Yeah dude, you are so right. Kobe never got blown out in the preseason with a +- of -20. In fact, last year, he was awesome in the preseason and saved such a pathetic effort for a game against Portland Kobe getting outplayed by bench, where he had a, yup you guessed it -20 in a 17 point loss during the REGULAR season. Wow, look at that virtually the whole bench outplayed Kobe THAT ONE game. Obviously the dude is a worthless piece of cow s*** that has no business being the #1 option on a team. I mean, if JJ, who had a similarly terrible effort against an undefeated Orlando team who has steamrolled over every opponent so far in a second of a back to back in a game that does not count on the win column, is such a loser, then what does that make Kobe who had an equally bad game in a pivotal conference game mid-season?

You think Kenyon Martin will let you push him or one of his teammates just because it's preseason? See how fast your lip swells up and then ask again.

Yup Kenyon Martin is also definitely one of those dudes that brings his A game in games that mean absolutely nothing. Too bad he saves the aforementioned embarrassing -20 games for the regular season. You gotta love the fight in Kenyon Martin though, as the powerhouse Nets were steamrolling DenverKenyon Martin's heroic effort in way to a 34 point thrashing. Really the -24 +- and the 4 points and 3 rebounds he collected in 28 minutes do no justice to how fiercely and heroically he composed himself. However, what was really embarassing was that game where Kenyon and his Nugg's were dismantled by a, previously mentioned, worthless, star-less, middle-school-esque Hawks team and a semi-retarded Joe Johnson. My goodness the Nuggets must be the worst team in the NBA. It's particularily impressive because the Nuggets heart and soul, the fearless and flawless Kenyon Martin got out +-ed by the Hawks resident Jester and worthless scum bag JJ by a whopping +43. (Kenyon -20, JJ +23). Obviously having such a pathetic and inexcusable performance during the REGULAR SEASON (ghasp!) must mean that the Nuggets finished in the Lottery that year, and by no means gave the eventual champs a scare in the conference finals right? I mean, ONE SINGLE (or in Kenyon's case, several) performance(s) of that caliber obviously indicate that your team is a worthless pile of dung with no hope of ever making it far into the playoffs... Or so your reactionary, ignorant post would have us believe.

You not gonna run the court in preseason? Well, you probably not runnin the court in practice. You probably not runnin the court in the offseason. Does one count for more or less than the other?

News flash.

If you gettin' punked in preseason. You gonna get punked in the regular season.

News flash we WERE running ALL preseason up to last night (second of a back to back). In fact we were outscoring teams by 8+ points a game and everyone, including JJ was on fire and playing great. we had ONE bad game. ONE!. Are you really this dense to make assumptions about an entire season because of one game?!. Denver's loss to the NETS was 100 times more embarrassing then our loss to the Magic and they almost made it to the finals. Give me a f***ing break guys. Even if this was in the regular season, and not our last Preseason game in a second of a back to back where our entire team visibly didn't give a crap about the outcome, what would this game mean? The only thing it would tell us is that our team has trouble focusing at times (how anyone that has followed the Woodson led Hawks for the last several years can be shocked by this revelation is, sincerely, beyond my comprehension) and that we can't really compete with Orlando if we are having an off shooting night. Damn, as if we didn't know this already. Orlando is the best team in the EAST by far. Last year the manhandled the 66 win Cavs in the playoffs and this year they are much improved. We lost by 30+ against the best team in the league on a night were we couldn't buy a bucket, and one of our players went 0-15. Yup, it happens, and it might happen again. It doesn't change the fact that we will finish 4th in the east and maybe even win 50 games this year. These have been the same expectations that our front office has emphasized ALL off season. The most idiotic part of your original post though is the part were you say the collective preseason means nothing, but that ONE preseason game does. How the f*** does that work? How do you discount 6 preseason games and then make a judgment of the team based on ONE? So it was nationally televised, and embarrassing... Big deal, we also took the Celtics to 7 games on national tv, and made it to the second round of the playoffs with an injury riddled squad. Obviously we are not championship contenders... we do not possess such talent and every single person who follows the same professional basketball league as us knows this. What we are is a second tier team that, when inspired and hitting on all cylinders, can beat any team in the NBA... when we are flat and our shot is not falling we will get embarrassed because we do not have the low-post game or the super athletic dependable player who can take over a game. (And we don't have an offensive system thanks to Woodson). These are things that Hawks fans have known the last three years, and they are things that, though they have been improved slightly (improved frontcourt depth + Jcrawford), are still gonna be our Achilles heel and are still gonna be the reason that we probably won't be able to overcome the Celts, Cavs, and Magic... Still, we did take the champs to 7 games two years ago, and who knows??? We get inspired at the right time, we shoot the ball in the playoffs the way we did the first two weeks of the season last year and well... maybe we can make some serious noise... and really, with the type of talent both on the coaching staff and the roster... what the *bleep* more could you expect out of this team?!

• Like 4

The op's first post is one of the of the worst posts I've ever read in my life. Not only is it offensively aggressive and idiotic but it is filled with conjecture that is flat out wrong. I usually wouldn't respond to crap like this but when I see something written with that level of self-righteous pompous indignation, I just can't help myself

Yeah dude, you are so right. Kobe never got blown out in the preseason with a +- of -20. In fact, last year, he was awesome in the preseason and saved such a pathetic effort for a game against Portland Kobe getting outplayed by bench, where he had a, yup you guessed it -20 in a 17 point loss during the REGULAR season. Wow, look at that virtually the whole bench outplayed Kobe THAT ONE game. Obviously the dude is a worthless piece of cow s*** that has no business being the #1 option on a team. I mean, if JJ, who had a similarly terrible effort against an undefeated Orlando team who has steamrolled over every opponent so far in a second of a back to back in a game that does not count on the win column, is such a loser, then what does that make Kobe who had an equally bad game in a pivotal conference game mid-season?

Yup Kenyon Martin is also definitely one of those dudes that brings his A game in games that mean absolutely nothing. Too bad he saves the aforementioned embarrassing -20 games for the regular season. You gotta love the fight in Kenyon Martin though, as the powerhouse Nets were steamrolling DenverKenyon Martin's heroic effort in way to a 34 point thrashing. Really the -24 +- and the 4 points and 3 rebounds he collected in 28 minutes do no justice to how fiercely and heroically he composed himself. However, what was really embarassing was that game where Kenyon and his Nugg's were dismantled by a, previously mentioned, worthless, star-less, middle-school-esque Hawks team and a semi-retarded Joe Johnson. My goodness the Nuggets must be the worst team in the NBA. It's particularily impressive because the Nuggets heart and soul, the fearless and flawless Kenyon Martin got out +-ed by the Hawks resident Jester and worthless scum bag JJ by a whopping +43. (Kenyon -20, JJ +23). Obviously having such a pathetic and inexcusable performance during the REGULAR SEASON (ghasp!) must mean that the Nuggets finished in the Lottery that year, and by no means gave the eventual champs a scare in the conference finals right? I mean, ONE SINGLE (or in Kenyon's case, several) performance(s) of that caliber obviously indicate that your team is a worthless pile of dung with no hope of ever making it far into the playoffs... Or so your reactionary, ignorant post would have us believe.

News flash we WERE running ALL preseason up to last night (second of a back to back). In fact we were outscoring teams by 8+ points a game and everyone, including JJ was on fire and playing great. we had ONE bad game. ONE!. Are you really this dense to make assumptions about an entire season because of one game?!. Denver's loss to the NETS was 100 times more embarrassing then our loss to the Magic and they almost made it to the finals. Give me a f***ing break guys. Even if this was in the regular season, and not our last Preseason game in a second of a back to back where our entire team visibly didn't give a crap about the outcome, what would this game mean? The only thing it would tell us is that our team has trouble focusing at times (how anyone that has followed the Woodson led Hawks for the last several years can be shocked by this revelation is, sincerely, beyond my comprehension) and that we can't really compete with Orlando if we are having an off shooting night. Damn, as if we didn't know this already. Orlando is the best team in the EAST by far. Last year the manhandled the 66 win Cavs in the playoffs and this year they are much improved. We lost by 30+ against the best team in the league on a night were we couldn't buy a bucket, and one of our players went 0-15. Yup, it happens, and it might happen again. It doesn't change the fact that we will finish 4th in the east and maybe even win 50 games this year. These have been the same expectations that our front office has emphasized ALL off season. The most idiotic part of your original post though is the part were you say the collective preseason means nothing, but that ONE preseason game does. How the f*** does that work? How do you discount 6 preseason games and then make a judgment of the team based on ONE? So it was nationally televised, and embarrassing... Big deal, we also took the Celtics to 7 games on national tv, and made it to the second round of the playoffs with an injury riddled squad. Obviously we are not championship contenders... we do not possess such talent and every single person who follows the same professional basketball league as us knows this. What we are is a second tier team that, when inspired and hitting on all cylinders, can beat any team in the NBA... when we are flat and our shot is not falling we will get embarrassed because we do not have the low-post game or the super athletic dependable player who can take over a game. (And we don't have an offensive system thanks to Woodson). These are things that Hawks fans have known the last three years, and they are things that, though they have been improved slightly (improved frontcourt depth + Jcrawford), are still gonna be our Achilles heel and are still gonna be the reason that we probably won't be able to overcome the Celts, Cavs, and Magic... Still, we did take the champs to 7 games two years ago, and who knows??? We get inspired at the right time, we shoot the ball in the playoffs the way we did the first two weeks of the season last year and well... maybe we can make some serious noise... and really, with the type of talent both on the coaching staff and the roster... what the *bleep* more could you expect out of this team?!

Garbage^^

who did this to me... who called this crazy person

Very conveniently ignored the fact that I said... "I mean, let's be clear. If the Lakers get beat by 20+, it was the reserves that got smoked. Kobe ain't goin -20 in the +/- column nowhere, no time, no place (at least, that's what his mindset is)"

Of course you would have to ignore that. Or maybe you just can't count (or read... or both).

Bottom line... joe gets punked on the regular... Kobe does not. If you wanna say Kobe has pitched as many stink bombs as joe I will let you walk that road yourself as there is nothing I can do to help you.

Fact... Kenyon Martin doesn't get knocked around

There... it took you over (what looks like) 500 words and a heap of worthless research to come up with this never ending thud.

I could not bring myself to read the entire "dissertation"... Quite long... Quite boring

Only took a couple sentences to snatch the rug from under it.

Edited by Sasquatch

• Premium Member

Garbage^^

who did this to me... who called this crazy person

Very conveniently ignored the fact that I said... "I mean, let's be clear. If the Lakers get beat by 20+, it was the reserves that got smoked. Kobe ain't goin -20 in the +/- column nowhere, no time, no place (at least, that's what his mindset is)"

Of course you would have to ignore that. Or maybe you just can't count (or read... or both).

Bottom line... joe gets punked on the regular... Kobe does not. If you wanna say Kobe has pitched as many stink bombs as joe I will let you walk that road yourself as there is nothing I can do to help you.

Fact... Kenyon Martin doesn't get knocked around

There... it took you over (what looks like) 500 words and a heap of worthless research to come up with this never ending thud.

I could not bring myself to read the entire "dissertation"... Quite long... Quite boring

Only took a couple sentences to snatch the rug from under it.

Obviously Joe is not Kobe. The point, which eludes you probably due to your head being so far up your *ss, is that even great players have bad games and even the BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA has games as bad as Joe Johnson had against Orlando. Kenyon Martin doesn't get knocked around? says who? you? What the hell else do you call getting 4 points and 3 rebounds in 30 minutes in a 34 POINT LOSS TO THE NETS. Tell me. What do you call that? Despite that awful loss the Nuggets contended for a freaking championship that year. That is the point. One game doesn't mean anything ESPECIALLY one preseason game. There is no stat, no logic, no nothing in the universe that can prove that ONE game can define a team. Utah lost by 40 points in the playoffs and still took one of the all time best teams in the history of the NBA to 6 games. Everything you said is freaking ridiculous and plain wrong. I can spew off example after example of great teams and players having god awful games. The fact is we had 5 great games and 1 bad game and 1 awful game this preseason. How the heck do you ignore all of the good and just focus on the ONE PRESEASON game that was bad... how does that make any sense?

• Premium Member

That previous manifesto was enough... but this latest rant sounds like a cry for help

If you don't get help at charter...

please get help somewhere...

Kenyon Martin stinks, and gets punked regularly (I could pick out stat lines left and right but the one above should suffice). Kobe Bryant many times in his career has had a +- of - 20. In the link I posted above his +- of -20 came in a 17 point loss. That means the rest of the team was better than Kobe. The bench WAS better than Kobe. And he still won a championship. FACTS are obviously not your strong suit so I would understand why you would not respond coherently to anything I said.

Kenyon Martin stinks, and gets punked regularly (I could pick out stat lines left and right but the one above should suffice). Kobe Bryant many times in his career has had a +- of - 20. In the link I posted above his +- of -20 came in a 17 point loss. That means the rest of the team was better than Kobe. The bench WAS better than Kobe. And he still won a championship. FACTS are obviously not your strong suit so I would understand why you would not respond coherently to anything I said.

ok

here's what i need to know...

1) has this guy ever showed up on anybody's door steps before?

I mean this thread is a day old and he shows up thrashing about like someone is holding his head under the water

2) how strong is the privacy policy on hawksquawk cause this guy sounds like trouble

These responses being thrown against the wall by this guy have nothing to do with what I said. What the heck does K Mart's stat line have to do with his toughness? Is this a cry for attention? It's like he wants me to sit and hold his hand.

Any who sounds like he's probly got some pills lying around that he hasn't been takin'

• Premium Member

ok

here's what i need to know...

1) has this guy ever showed up on anybody's door steps before?

I mean this thread is a day old and he shows up thrashing about like someone is holding his head under the water

2) how strong is the privacy policy on hawksquawk cause this guy sounds like trouble

These responses being thrown against the wall by this guy have nothing to do with what I said. What the heck does K Mart's stat line have to do with his toughness? Is this a cry for attention? It's like he wants me to sit and hold his hand.

Any who sounds like he's probly got some pills lying around that he hasn't been takin'

It is a message board, and this thread was the second thread from the top. Since you are obviously not the brightest crayon in the box I guess I can see your confusion at a reply to a front page thread, but I assure you it is quite normal.

How do you measure Kenyon's toughness? The amount of times he bumps his chest? How many times argues with the refs? Your subjective view of his "defensive presence"? (2 fouls, 0 blocks on that 34 point loss to Nets btw), I'm sorry but I think defensive rebounds, and blocks are better indicator of toughness from a PF. If you have a different criteria it would be nice to see it though.

Edited by Atlantaholic

(( playing violin ))

This dude talks about a preseason game like it's a playoff game.

(( crying )) Oh no. We got embarassed on ESPN in preseason.

They're a gutless bunch of punks.

JJ plays like a 15 year old girl that sits the bench.

Please trade them for everyone on the New Jersey Nets roster.

Slit my wrists.

I wanna DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

You really wanna know what "gutless" is? You wanna see a punk? Look no further than the great CHRIS PAUL.

The city of New Orleans is jacked up. After losing 2 games in Denver in the 1st round of the playoffs, the Hornets win Game 3. Game 4 approaches, with the Hornets looking to tie the series 2 - 2.

So how do they respond?

By losing Game 4 . . . at home . . . BY 58 FUGGIN POINTS

And what did the "Great One" do?

He scored 4 points and had 6 assists . . . in 36 minutes of play . . .with him only taking 7 shots . . . and commiting 6 turnovers.

The so-called best PG in the league, and arguably a top 5 player, FLAT OUT QUIT ON HIS TEAM . . IN THE FUGGIN PLAYOFFS. They went on to lose Game 5 by almost 20 points.

Now that's the type of loss that can effect a franchise. A playoff BEATDOWN in which your best player quit on his team. Let's see how the Hornets, and the Great One recovers from that debacle this season.

So save that preseason Hawk doom and gloom junk for fans who live and die with every win or loss. You are entertaining though, freaking out over this "embarrassment".

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 2

It is a message board, and this thread was the second thread from the top. Since you are obviously not the brightest crayon in the box I guess I can see your confusion at a reply to a front page thread, but I assure you it is quite normal.

How do you measure Kenyon's toughness? Your subjective view of his "defensive presence"? (2 fouls, 0 blocks on that 34 point loss to Nets btw), I'm sorry but I think defensive rebounds, and blocks are better indicator of toughness from a PF. If you have a different criteria it would be nice to see it though.

Again.

Clueless.

It's not that you responded to the thread. It's what I stated before and will not repeat

The fact is. I find it curious that the game was friday and it took this long for that writhing response to a day old thread.

I guess what I am saying is... I don't believe you actually watched the game

I think you just looked at a stat line and started "spewing"... as is your self-proclaimed specialty

In other words it seems to me that if you would have actually watched the game, you would have tuned in a lot sooner. It's not like you are a stranger to hawksquawk

That said

I am willing to entertain the idea that you did, in fact, watch the game on friday...

and have spent every waking moment since then toiling on that ridiculously disjointed, inane, and unglued manifesto that you embarrassed yourself with in your first remark.

I wasted 20 minutes of my life just laboring thru the beginning of it

• Premium Member

Again.

Clueless.

It's not that you responded to the thread. It's what I stated before and will not repeat

The fact is. I find it curious that the game was friday and it took this long for that writhing response to a day old thread.

I guess what I am saying is... I don't believe you actually watched the game

I think you just looked at a stat line and started "spewing"... as is your self-proclaimed specialty

In other words it seems to me that if you would have actually watched the game, you would have tuned in a lot sooner. It's not like you are a stranger to hawksquawk

That said

I am willing to entertain the idea that you did, in fact, watch the game on friday...

and have spent every waking moment since then toiling on that ridiculously disjointed, inane, and unglued manifesto that you embarrassed yourself with in your first remark.

I wasted 20 minutes of my life just laboring thru the beginning of it

Well, I took a day to respond because I am not on the internet 24 hours a day everyday. Usually I post when I have spare time. I saw most of the game btw, stopped watching in the third quarter. Had no interest in watching such a sorry performance from our team to the end. Still, it takes just a little bit more than a fifth grade level of intellect to grasp that one game doesn't make or break a season (not to mention a literally worthless preseason game). I'm not writing the season off after one preseason game. And I wouldn't write the season off after one regular season game either. 82 games is a ridiculous amount of games and what matters is what is done throughout those 82 games collectively. Seriously, having to explain this makes me feel a little awkward... This is something any basketball fan should be cognizant about.

Also, If it took you 20 minutes to read a few hundred words... well, then if I were you I would hesitate to make assumptions about who is a "thinker" and who is not.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Didn't we blow out Orlando in the first game last year on their Home Court? Why didn't the NBA give us our championship trophy??? This whole, play 82 games + playoffs to decide who is the best team can sure be inconvenient.

have you ever seen a dog chasin' his tail?

eventually they all stop...

i'm sure you will too

• Moderators

Hawks blew chunks last night against the defending Conference Champs, on the road, on the second of a back-to-back, in preseason.

Would've been nice to perform well as a team with a pseudo-national audience paying attention, alas...

Oh well. I'm over it.

Tell me about a 5-2 preseason back in September with starters averaging <30 minutes a game and I'd have probably hugged somebody. GO HAWKS!

~lw3

• Premium Member

I think you have more spare time than you are willing to admit.

"have you ever seen a dog chasin' his tail?

eventually they all stop...

i'm sure you will too"

I usually have as much spare time as I like... Yesterday though, I had stuff to do. Why does it even matter?

Edited by Atlantaholic

Okay, so the preseason means something, but the preseason record is irrelevant. If somebody says the preseason means nothing, then they don't know anything about basketball. Yeah, I think there is no need to read any further than that. You know, I've heard that opinions are like buttholes, but this is ridiculous.

Unbelievable.

This guy just read my post. Then quoted my post.

Then what's the first thing he asks?

... "what was our record this preseason"

If you don't listen to anything else listen to this... the American educational system ain't jack.

My goodness. The record is the one thing that is irrelevant.

Nobody is upset that they lost. It's the flip flops and jeans around the ankles routine that has played itself out time and time again that is the problem.

The record is the one thing that does not count in the preseason and that's the one thing you point to?

Please take you internet pro-wrestler persona to another forum. Thanks.

• Like 1