• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Teague getting the "Acie treatment"?

JackB1

Teague needs to get more minutes if Woody wants the kid to develop. 5 mins a game wont help. Not enought time to get a rythym or get any confidence going.

I am worried that Woodson is going to ruin Teague like he did Acie. He is still playing Joe too many minutes and not enough Teague.

I would move Joe to the #3 on a more permanent basis and have Marvin come off the bench until he proves he's a starter. Sub Teague for Bibby and Crawford.

We need Teague's willingness to drive the hoop. That facet of the game is sorely missed on this team and only Teague and Crawford drive the paint.

I just hope Teague doesn't get "Acied" :(

Acie just never at all showed me that he belonged in the league- I don't at all blame Woodson for not playing a lousy draftpick. Teague I think you want to give 5 minutes to in the first half. If he plays well then you give him 5 minutes (or more) in the second half. Of course if you are either up or down big then you give him more minutes. I think that would work out to at least 15 minutes a game on average over the course of a season which is enough to let him show whether he deserves more PT.

Edited by spotatl

• Premium Member

Woody is all about job security these days. Not only is about keeping us fans and Sund happy but it's also about collecting wins to push the dreadful winning pct closer .500 for future employers.

it's:

Winning #1

Development #2

Can't say I blame him.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Acie isn't even cracking the Golden State lineup. Maybe Woody was right.

GS had too much money invested in guards before Acie. Not Acie's fault that he was traded to team that doesn't need him.

When Salim was glued to the bench people were blaming Woodson for it. Then Salim was a free agent and no one else thought he was good enough to play.

When Shelden Williams was getting inconsistent minutes people were Blaming Woodson. In 2 stops since the trade it sure doesn't look like Woodson's fault anymore

Acie Law now has the chance to prove Woodson wrong. Acie is in about as player friendly a system as he could. We'll see whether the fans were right about Acie or whether Acie just isn't good enough and Woodson simply recognized it before the homers.

GS had too much money invested in guards before Acie.

Morrow is playing ahead of Acie because even as an undrafted free agent Morrow is a far far better player and money has nothing to do with it. Law makes 3 times as much as Morrow does.

Edited by spotatl

Woody is all about job security these days. Not only is about keeping us fans and Sund happy but it's also about collecting wins to push the dreadful winning pct closer .500 for future employers.

it's:

Winning #1

Development #2

Can't say I blame him.

True

The main difference is that the guys who played ahead of Acie Law were Tyron Lue and Anthony Johnson.

The guys playing ahead of Jeff Teague are Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford.

Seems to be a pretty big difference to me.

Sure I'd like to see Teague get 10-15 mpg but I'm really just happy we are winning............and this is all we have to complain about.

Edited by coachx

I would move Joe to the #3 on a more permanent basis and have Marvin come off the bench until he proves he's a starter. Sub Teague for Bibby and Crawford.

We need Teague's willingness to drive the hoop. That facet of the game is sorely missed on this team and only Teague and Crawford drive the paint.

I think Crawford is ideal as a 6th man and he seems to be flourishing in that role over the last 2 games. JJ and Marvin are bigger and better defenders and rebounders then is Crawford. I like starting the game with some defense.

I don't want to see Teague playing much SG..........he is too small to defend 95% of NBA SGs. If we have Crawford starting at SG with Bibby at PG and Teague as their primary sub..........that would be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. Not to mention it takes away from our rebounding.

If scoring the ball was our problem I would agree with your point of starting Crawford over Marvin but as of now offense is not the problem. We are giving up 102 PPG and starting Crawford and Bibby in the backcourt would not help that. Neither would making our already undersized starting frontcourt even more undersized.

We can't forget that half the game is defense and rebounding.

I personally am thrilled with the way the season has gone thus far and like the chemistry we are seeing materialize.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

This summer the Woody apologists were saying that JJ had to play big minutes last year because JJ didn't have a capable backup.

Now we have Crawford who is playing great and is playing big minutes and Woody is STILL running JJ into the ground. So what is Woody's excuse now?

The Woody apologists will always have an excuse for why Woody runs JJ into the ground and doesn't play Teague.

The Woody apologists will always have an excuse for why Woody runs JJ into the ground and doesn't play Teague.

I like Teague but my opinion is you have to play Teague with JJ and not when JJ is on the bench due to defensive concerns when you combine Teague with Bibby or Crawford. Kevin Martin was lighting us up last night. When the concern is defense Teague may not get called on much early in the season. Right now we have to focus on defense and hold teams to under 100 points a game.

Had Woody played Teague and we lost there would be a whole lot more to whine about.

I want to see Teague play more too but as long as we are winning it seems a bit nit - picky for the board to whine about it to this degree. Its like we are so used to whining we don't know how to do anything but nit pick.

Damn Woody if we win b/c he didn't do it just the way you wanted.

Damn Woody if we lose.

Whats up with all the hate and negativity after such a good start to the season ? We should be happy right now and not nit picking.

Edited by coachx

coachx- I think the general rule is that you play Joe as much as necessary in the second have of close games to get the win. I think its pretty funny that some people have an issue with that. I just don't at all see how playing 36 minutes vs 32 minutes is all that exhausting for a professional athlete.

I like Teague but my opinion is you have to play Teague with JJ and not when JJ is on the bench due to defensive concerns when you combine Teague with Bibby or Crawford. Kevin Martin was lighting us up last night. When the concern is defense Teague may not get called on much early in the season. Right now we have to focus on defense and hold teams to under 100 points a game.

Had Woody played Teague and we lost there would be a whole lot more to whine about.

I want to see Teague play more too but as long as we are winning it seems a bit nit - picky for the board to whine about it to this degree. Its like we are so used to whining we don't know how to do anything but nit pick.

Damn Woody if we win b/c he didn't do it just the way you wanted.

Damn Woody if we lose.

Whats up with all the hate and negativity after such a good start to the season ? We should be happy right now and not nit picking.

Like i said, excuses.

Do you really think it is a coincidence that JJ starts struggling in January? It is because he gets run into the gound early in the season which is what is happening now. In January of last year JJ averaged 18 ppg shooting 37%.

Before the season Woody was quoted as saying he wouldn't play as many minutes. Apologists like yourself said JJ would be able to rest more since he had a capable backup. The rest of us knew better.

Teague is 5 games in out of 82 in his rookie year. And, we're on an early season west coast swing trying to set the tone for the season by being able to consistently win on the road. His minutes will increase. He's shown too much promise.

coachx- I think the general rule is that you play Joe as much as necessary in the second have of close games to get the win. I think its pretty funny that some people have an issue with that. I just don't at all see how playing 36 minutes vs 32 minutes is all that exhausting for a professional athlete.

Probably because you don't play. If you did you would know that JJ would probably be tired after expending so much energy during his 46 minutes against Portland.

Woody was quoted before the season as saying JJ wouldn't be playing as many minutes this year. Most of us knew better than to believe anything that comes out of Woody's mouth.

Last night JJ had 6 turnovers. Do you think that was because of Sactown's stellar defense?

Edited by exodus

• Admin

I think Crawford is ideal as a 6th man and he seems to be flourishing in that role over the last 2 games. JJ and Marvin are bigger and better defenders and rebounders then is Crawford. I like starting the game with some defense.

I could not agree more. I like having that scoring weapon coming off the bench. He is working really well with our bench guys too.

He is definitely not a good defender ( I did see some Matador Ole d in the last couple of games).

Its a good fit to have Marvin start and then bring Crawford in.

Its just that Woody is a creature of habit. Usually what he starts out doing, he will keep doing....especially if we are winning. I just think Teague is a talented kid and I DONT want to see it wasted.

Whenever we start settling for too many jumpers, Woodson should put in Teague immediately and tell him to drive -drive - drive!!!!!

Its just that Woody is a creature of habit. Usually what he starts out doing, he will keep doing....especially if we are winning. I just think Teague is a talented kid and I DONT want to see it wasted.

Whenever we start settling for too many jumpers, Woodson should put in Teague immediately and tell him to drive -drive - drive!!!!!

I agree with that.

He is definately EXTREMELY TALENTED.

When the jumpers are not falling he can definately drive and create for others.