• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

22 points on 10 shot, 7 assists, 6 blocks, 9 boards, and just 1 turnover and only 1 outside shot that he made

timdawg777

JSmoove so far is making his case for the best current Hawk. Without him Hawks are 0.500 team. He's unselfish, versatile, mentally tough and game changer. His block on Anderson killed Nugget's momentum. He did it many times before by blocking shots, stealing the ball and/or going strong at the rim.

I know Josh Smith is not perfect (he was hearing for three years that lack of 3 point shooting is what keeps him away from being all star caliber player in this league, so now he needs another three to realize that it's not his way to greatness) but nobody is.

Its not so much he needs a three as it is he needs to stop shooting them; so far so good this season and only one long range jumper last night! His biggest needs have always been crashing the boards a little harder and developing a post game. If he played SF then maybe a three point shot would be a priority...

• Premium Member

Its not so much he needs a three as it is he needs to stop shooting them; so far so good this season and only one long range jumper last night! His biggest needs have always been crashing the boards a little harder and developing a post game. If he played SF then maybe a three point shot would be a priority...

I agree. Also, if he played SF, he would be a non-factor on help D in the lane and wouldn't be able to utilize his league-best shotblocking skills.

Josh is playing the best of any Hawk so far this year. If he can consistently have nights like he did last night, he'll be an All-Star in no time.

Crawford second best? No way, he's a one dimensional player.

I don't understand how you can possibly call Crawford a one-dimensional player. Crawford can score from the outside, he can shoot off the dribble, he can drive AND finish, and we're starting to find out that he also good at dishing off to the open man and setting him up for an easy bucket. Crawford is far from one-dimensional. He can do it all. Honestly, he's the best scorer AND the best PG on this team.

I don't understand how you can possibly call Crawford a one-dimensional player. Crawford can score from the outside, he can shoot off the dribble, he can drive AND finish, and we're starting to find out that he also good at dishing off to the open man and setting him up for an easy bucket. Crawford is far from one-dimensional. He can do it all. Honestly, he's the best scorer AND the best PG on this team.

I think he was saying that he's only an offensive threat and kinda disappears on defense. Think u misunderstood there.

• Premium Member

True.

You probably mean as long as he stays here (he might be gone after this season). Most likely but it doesn't have to be that way. This role doesn't suite him.

Crawford second best? No way, he's a one dimensional player. I don't think that anyone would pick him over Horf or Smoove. Al is played out of position. As a center he doesn't provide enough offensive presence down low and is too short to defend top league bigs, but he's also having great season so far. BTW he also leads team in +/- stat (which tells a lot about our subs at C), Mike is second and Josh third.

For me - Josh wins.

How is Crawford one dimensional? He creates shots for other players on the floor and he's playing very good defense. Its not shown in the most overrated stat in basketball (steals) but he's doing a more than good job on defense.

How is Crawford one dimensional? He creates shots for other players on the floor and he's playing very good defense. Its not shown in the most overrated stat in basketball (steals) but he's doing a more than good job on defense.

He is doing ok on defense but unless he is paired with Bibby or Teague, he is still our weakest defender on the floor. Our switching and help defense can take care of one weak link, so I have no problem with Crawfords game at all. I mean seriously, how many teams can boast five strong defenders? Most only have two or three at best...

I agree. Also, if he played SF, he would be a non-factor on help D in the lane and wouldn't be able to utilize his league-best shotblocking skills.

Josh is playing the best of any Hawk so far this year. If he can consistently have nights like he did last night, he'll be an All-Star in no time.

I said this, people doubt, time will tell!!