• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will the Antifan say when we beat Boston?

Diesel

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol I doubt we beat Boston. We played like crap in the 1st half to a team like the Knicks. Imagine what Boston is going to do against us at home.

You can't look at the Hawks that way. They'll get blown out by Charlotte one night and blow out Denver the next. They have the talent to beat anyone anywhere, you just got to hope they show up to play for 4 quarters.

Playing nostradolfan here I'm guessing that one or both of Josh and Al have an awful game and get completely shut down. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me that they both have problems getting their numbers against talented veteran front court players.

Maybe, but they have both had very good games against this same Boston front court. The key is for Josh not to be a sissy and jack up long range shots like he did against LA.

Edited by High5

I went with we won't be able to shoot like that again. Its no joke that if our outside shots are not falling, Boston beats us by 20 on their court. I think the difference between the last two seasons and this is Crawford. He is playing like a 6th man of the year and does not need his outside shot to drop to be a dangerous weapon.

Its going to take a total team effort. Bostons interior D is as tough as any we will face this season; but we have a chance as long as our outside game is at least playing to average.

Edited by Buzzard

We match up well with Boston. Defensively the Hawks struggle with quick, high scoring pgs and big low post players. Boston has neither. Perkins is big but he isn't a high scorer. KG and Sheed are jump shooters.

The Hawks have shown that they get up for big games. It is the lesser opponents that they have a hard time getting up for. Given that the Hawks have played Boston well many times i expect a good game.

Any and every team can b beat, it just comes down to matchups and I just happen to think that this is the team in the top 4 that we match up with the best. The only problem in my mind is Rondo, right now we don't have anyone to slow him down......maybe Teague can eventually be that guy but he isn't right now. If we come out and keep the game close in the first half I don't see y we can't steal a game on there floor, hell we should have taken that game last year if it wasn't for that miracle shot at the buzzer and we're a better team now in my opinion.

We match up well with Boston. Defensively the Hawks struggle with quick, high scoring pgs and big low post players. Boston has neither. Perkins is big but he isn't a high scorer. KG and Sheed are jump shooters.

The Hawks have shown that they get up for big games. It is the lesser opponents that they have a hard time getting up for. Given that the Hawks have played Boston well many times i expect a good game.

The Keys:

1. Its a road game.

2. Celtics is 100% healthy.

3. They went 4-0 against us last year.

4. Ainge has plugged as many holes as Sund has.

5. Celtics are playing great D and we are not.

If we win tomorrow, if all our ducks align, it'll give transcending confidence to the team.

• Premium Member

The Keys:

1. Its a road game.

If we win tomorrow, if all our ducks align, it'll give transcending confidence to the team.

I see it much differently.

They are one year older and so are we.

Unless Ray Allen takes his steroids again, we will run them out of the Gym if we play the right way. They only have one guy (RONDO) who can play uptempo and he's not a tempo controlling PG like Billups. IF we devastated a Billups led Denver team, I think we can do similarly with Boston.

The Keys:

1. Its a road game.

It took at buzzer beater for them to beat us in Boston this time last year. The Hawks aren't an inexperienced team any more. They can think back to previous success and be confident against Boston. Smith outscored KG head to head when KG was at Minny the year before he went to Boston.

No reason to think the Hawks will go in there and roll over.

Edited by exodus

The Keys:

1. Its a road game.

This game is more dangerous for us than Boston. We need to put on a good show; and if Boston plays like they want to put us young kids in our place it could be extremely tough to stay with them.

Like I said earlier, we cannot afford to have a let down at all; if we do, a 20 pt Celtics victory is not of a reach. I hope our vets Bibby, JJ, and Crawford are up to taking on the 1st half challenge; and allow Smoove, Marvin, Horf and company time to settle into their games...

I don't expect a win but this game will show us a little more about how our players respond to a hostile enviroment; and if we learned anything at all from the Bobcat loss. I don't think its a cop out to expect more from our vets ( JJ 8 years, Crawford 9 years, Bibby 11 years) ; especially in the early going when Boston and Doc will be looking to blow us away early.

Edited by Buzzard

I see it much differently.

They are one year older and so are we.

Unless Ray Allen takes his steroids again, we will run them out of the Gym if we play the right way. They only have one guy (RONDO) who can play uptempo and he's not a tempo controlling PG like Billups. IF we devastated a Billups led Denver team, I think we can do similarly with Boston.

I will watch the game hoping the same way you are, but our youth has its own disadvantages on the road.

Nuggets were on a long East coast trip playing their 4th game in 5 nights without 2 of their 5 most important players. A rested 100% healthy Celtics team playing at home is a completely different animal.

We have to show some extra "it" to win tomorrow, an "it" that will be a major step forward for this team.

beer.gif

Hope "it" happens.

Celtics play great team basketball and our guys easily get lost in such situations on D.

But KG is too slow to stop JSmoove and JJ has to finally shoot with decent % and it can happen against aging Allen.

Atlanta - Boston 98:94

Buzzard, on 12 November 2009 - 01:15 PM, said:

I don't expect a win

y?

LOL...put it to you this way. Even money, no points, who would you bet $1000.00 dollars on? As a fan I always hope for a win; but my realist side would not bet $1000.00 on us winning this game straight up. If I expected the win, I would not be afraid to bet the $1000.00 dollars.

Edited by Buzzard