• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Happened to our DEFENSE?

JackB1

Have the Hawks adopted a new team personality? It seems like we just try and outscore everyone now and for the most part it has been working, but this atitude worry's me.

We can't even keep poor offensive teams below 100 points anymore and that's not going to cut it in the long run. We still give up WAY TO MANY layups every game and I am

wondering when is someone going to step up and defend the lane? Miami played better D than we did last night and that's troubling since they only have 1 win.

Have we been kidding ourselve's into thinking we "were" a good defensive team? Maybe this is just who we are and we should embrace it. Win every game 125-115.

I think we are capable of playing tough D, but the desire doesn't seem to be there yet. I guess its easier to just outscore your opponnet?

well this is what happens when you run like fans have wanted all this time. Our pace is ridiculous this year. At last years pace these same games would be 91-78 affairs.

I don't feel like we are running more than last year. Does anyone know the fast break stats?

The Hawks are always lax on defense during the first half. Except for Smith who keeps going after the ball this year...

They did play good first-half defense against the Nuggets though, but I'm pretty sure they wanted to win that one more than some of the other games. They are going to have to bring the D all game long against the Celticst tomorrow.

The Hawks are always lax on defense during the first half. Except for Smith who keeps going after the ball this year...

They did play good first-half defense against the Nuggets though, but I'm pretty sure they wanted to win that one more than some of the other games. They are going to have to bring the D all game long against the Celticst tomorrow.

The good thing is that Sheed isn't interested in the post anymore so as long as we keep a body on him he won't kill us like usual. Everyone else we will out run them.

The Hawks are 19th in defensive efficiency (pts per 100 possessions) so they are obviously below average. The switching defense allows the opposition to get whatever mismatch they want and it seems to consistently leave shooters open on the perimeter.

Teams are shooting 46% against us (18th), 37% from 3 (18th). Not good.

The good thing is that Sheed isn't interested in the post anymore so as long as we keep a body on him he won't kill us like usual. Everyone else we will out run them.

Rasheed will keep Horford/Smoove away from the basket - a new dimension Celtics didn't have in the last 2 years.

Celtics can't wait to exploit the Pierce vs Bibby and Rasheed vs Bibby match-ups.

I have always said that with our length and athleticism, we should routinely be one of the top 5-10 defenses in the league year in and year out. Some of the blame is on the players, and yet some of it goes to Woodson. We won't score 100+ every night, and when we don't, or play a good defensive team (like Boston), we will have a lot of trouble. We better find our defensive mojo ASAP!

I hate how we switch every time on defense.

And that's the problem, switching can work depending on situation but we use it ALL the time.

Granted there have been times it has helped us but it is a matter of knowing when to use it, but I guess we can't expect that much thinking from Woodson.