• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Miami getting punk'd by OKC

exodus

I hate when teams lose the night before they play us.

I thought the same with Denver, when they lost to Miami in their back-to-back. But we thoroughly whupped their butts when they came to town, so I'm expecting a similar result with the Heat.

• Admin

Lets not take our record for granted. The worst thing you can do is get complacent. We can lose to any team at any time. Miami is a good team and if they are on their game tomorrow night they can beat us.

Remember we lost to Charlotte by 20. If we can keep the right attitude and play like we did against Boston then we can compete with anyone.

Beasley got a whopping 23 minutes. They refuse to play him in any crunch time. He's got problems.

Good news is that I think Monday's game was a wake-up call for the Hawks. We're deeper and flat-out better than Miami.

• Premium Member

There are some very bad assumptions made here..

Namely that OKC is a bad team. This is a team with Durant, Westbrook,and Green and Collison off the bench. They are a lot better than their record implicates. They have beaten San Antonio, Orlando, and have played the Lakers tight.

Secondly, that Miami doesn't cause some matchup difficulties for us. While I suspect Smoove to handle JO... there's still Wade and Beasley.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

On any given night - - - -

Hawks can be beat by any NBA team at any time - - And, don't you forget it.

No, not just the Bobcats - - - Any team.

On the other hand, Hawks can beat any NBA team on any night.

Last season's playoff opponent.

Playing at Phillips Arena.

Second of a back to back for our opponent.

They lost last night - - Bad.

GO HAWKS!!!

:dancing18:

I actually hate that they lost to the Thunder last night. But I digress...

We'd better not sleep on MIA. Honestly, they've played good ball this year and Wade is still Wade. Keys to the game for me (aside from containing Wade):

1) Defend the 3pt line

2) Don't turn back the clock on Jermaine O'neil and allow him to have a good game.

3) Control the paint/glass

These things could offset any surge Wade gives them.

• Premium Member

I actually hate that they lost to the Thunder last night. But I digress...

We'd better not sleep on MIA. Honestly, they've played good ball this year and Wade is still Wade. Keys to the game for me (aside from containing Wade):

1) Defend the 3pt line

2) Don't turn back the clock on Jermaine O'neil and allow him to have a good game.

3) Control the paint/glass

These things could offset any surge Wade gives them.

I will do you one better..

The Diesel Points for the game:

1. Rebound, Rebound, Rebound. Over the last two years, we have lost only a few games when we have outrebounded the competition. Josh, Horf, and Zaza has gone after rebounds with a vengence this year... or at least it seems like it.

2. Make shots. Our offense depends on us being able to make shots. When we don't make shots, we look terrible. What that really means is take good shots.

3. Defend the perimeter. Wade is a pretty good 3 ball shooter. I know we're constantly worried about his drive... But he kills with the 3 pters.

There are some very bad assumptions made here..

Namely that OKC is a bad team. This is a team with Durant, Westbrook,and Green and Collison off the bench. They are a lot better than their record implicates. They have beaten San Antonio, Orlando, and have played the Lakers tight.

Secondly, that Miami doesn't cause some matchup difficulties for us. While I suspect Smoove to handle JO... there's still Wade and Beasley.

Didn't Beasley go crazy this summer? I thought he was getting like 20 minutes a game.