• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two things keeping me from buying in

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

That ugly Orlando loss in the preseason and the the equally ugly loss to the Lakers. I'm not the anti-fan. Just a little uneasy about all the love the Hawks are getting this week. Now if they can kill beat the Cavs on the road then I'm believing this team is ready to compete for an championship.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

That ugly Orlando loss in the preseason and the the equally ugly loss to the Lakers. I'm not the anti-fan. Just a little uneasy about all the love the Hawks are getting this week. Now if they can kill beat the Cavs on the road then I'm believing this team is ready to compete for an championship.

Orlando was preseason. So who cares ?

We only lost to the Lakers by 8 points in L.A.

• Premium Member

Orlando was preseason. So who cares ?

We only lost to the Lakers by 8 points in L.A.

Sorry but that was really a 20 pt loss. The Lakers stopped playing 1/2 way through the half.

I am a little cautious as well about this team, but let me say what I like and do not like....

1) Our team has a high level of balance. We may not have a superstar, but we have quality in the front court, back court, and bench.

If a team has strength in the front court (like Portland), then our back court of JJ, Bibby should have an advantage.

If a team has strenght in the back court (like Miami), then our front court of JSmoove, Horf should have an advantage.

2) Our team is starting to play more mature. I am not sure if it is because they are more mature or if the infusion of Joe Smith & Crawford influenced it, but in the past we could beat you or forget to play on any given night.

The Boston & Laker games are examples, but really good teams do not have many of those. We have had 2 this year (out of 11). So hopefully, they are fewer than before.

With those advantages, I believe we can play with anyone. Can we beat them 4 of 7? I don't know yet. We must be coached well to win this division...and I am not sold on that yet.

Whether or not this team is a championship team, who knows? It is a long season, but we do know that it has improved every year for the last 5.

I don't know why people are shocked at the play, if you look at the constant improvement, the additions on the bench, it all makes sense.

Don't know how far this team can go, we still have questionable shot selection sometimes and we save our best D for late in the 2nd half ....and Woody is the coach.

But, you have to be excited about the possibilities.

• Premium Member

Keep in mind that this is Atlanta and as a fan of everything Atlanta I find it hard to buy in on any team too early. Four weeks ago people were talking about the Falcons as having a franchise QB and being a team that could win it all. No doubt I'm a bit negative but you have to admit that things in this town usually end up more negative than positive. But with that said I'm hoping these guys prove me wrong and give the Orlando and the Cavs a legitimate challenge this season.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Now if they can kill beat the Cavs on the road then I'm believing this team is ready to compete for an championship.

Cavs were 39-1 at home last year. (The 82nd game lose against the Sixers was meaningless as they rested their players.) Boston went 40-1 once which was the best home record in the history of NBA.

Beating the Cavs at their home is an almost impossible bar you have set. I think this team has grown a lot since the last lose. I wonder how this team will play when the inevitable injuries will happen.

Its all about match-ups. I wonder if we match up well against Orlando and Lakers. I think we match-up quite well against Boston and Miami.

Meanwhile, we need to enjoy the moment. What's happening is too good to be true. We are not even a luxury tax team. We all want our kids to get 100 in their math test, but lets enjoy this improbable 95. Even a championship, when it may happen, may not be this surprising.

Who in the world is talking championship at this point and time?

LOL @ all of the people who freaked out over that preseason loss. Seems like that was years ago, doesn't it?

For once, I'm in total agreement with jsmoovefan. If you, as a Hawk fan, can't let yourself totally enjoy what this team has done so far, instead of worrying about our so-called championship aspirations ( in November ), then you'll never be happy as a fan . . until we win a title. Which means that you'll probably be disappointed at the end of the year.

I would've been happy as hell at the beginning of the season, if the Hawks finished with a 10 - 7 or an 11 - 6 record to end November. But we have a legit shot to be at least 13 - 4 to end the month . . and be the #1 team in the division and possibly the entire conference . . . and possibly the entire league.

Even if people aren't sold on the Hawks, or Woody, or JJ . . just enjoy this while it lasts.

I wonder what happened to all those people that used to rail against this team? At least hotlanta pops in on occasion. But where are those other guys that were constantly critical of this team?

-CBAreject

- Walter

- TexasPete

- TroyMcClure

I wonder what those guys think of the Hawks these days?

• Premium Member

Wow. Weren't you the one complaining two weeks ago that we would never make it out of the second round? Now you're not satisfied unless we win a championship... Please take a second to realize how ridiculous you sound.