• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Memphis win on Wed?

Plainview1981

In the last couple of weeks they have beaten Dallas and Cleveland and they have one of the better front courts with Gay/Randolph/Gasol. They average nearly 5 more rebounds per game than their opponents and they have 4 guys in the lineup that can drop 25 points. They're young and can run and gun also. A loss against them would not be a shocker. They're really giving it to the Heat tonight. I know it's a home game, but I think Memphis is better than the record suggests.

In the last couple of weeks they have beaten Dallas and Cleveland and they have one of the better front courts with Gay/Randolph/Gasol. They average nearly 5 more rebounds per game than their opponents and they have 4 guys in the lineup that can drop 25 points. They're young and can run and gun also. A loss against them would not be a shocker. They're really giving it to the Heat tonight. I know it's a home game, but I think Memphis is better than the record suggests.

I wonder if you would have been as upbeat about the Hawks had we been as great as the Grizzlies???

I wouldn't worry too much about Memphis Hot...it will likely be another standard Hawks blowout...screw around in the first quarter, get a little lead at the half (sure the Memphis guys will look good early)..then we will just tighten the screws in the third...get a 15 point lead..and then just finish them in the fourth (yawn). bedtime2.gif

Why are people around here so sensitive? I think Memphis is a lot better than the teams the Hawks have recently played and they tend to beat teams up on the boards and we seen how the Detroit game went.

Grizz have been playing great lately and are capable of beating us in Atl. However, your enthusiasm for them is far more than your enthusiasm is for Atlanta. I think you'd enjoy their forums much more than you enjoy the Hawks forums. It will save you a lot of medical copayments when you grow old. You know Medicare don't cover Prescription Drugs.

Grizz have been playing great lately and are capable of beating us in Atl. However, your enthusiasm for them is far more than your enthusiasm is for Atlanta. I think you'd enjoy their forums much more than you enjoy the Hawks forums. It will save you a lot of medical copayments when you grow old. You know Medicare don't cover Prescription Drugs.

C'mon now...I'm only talking about them because the Hawks play them next. It's not like I sit on here and talk about them all the time or anything.

Actually Hot (btw - a little sarcasm in my last post)...I wouldn't fear the Grizz as much as some other teams. Can they beat us? Sure. The NYKs did. But we are actually better (IMO) against young athletic teams than we are against teams with shooters who can get hot. We can man-up with any team in the league athletically..plus..we have shooters..real shooters. It's not likely that everybody will be cold at home.

Please people don't underestimate that team, we've gotta control them on the boards to have a shot at this game. They can definitely score n when they're hitting the boards hard they r tough to handle. I really REALLY hope we don't lise this game bc if we do my best friend will never let this one go, he's a huge grizzlies fan n he's going to the game with me Wednesday so please hawks lets take care of business

Memphis is trash. i dont see them going anywhere. We need to put it to them

Have you watched them? I'll agree that they're not really goin anywhere but please don't go calling em trash just bc u don't know much about them. I'll bet anyone on this board that if they were in the east they would be a playoff team, don't fool yourself. They are a very talented team, OJ is a nice young guard and would b better for them if he could just run the point and play beside a bigger guard who would take some of those horrible defensive assignments away from him, Rudy is a stud....plain and simple, Randolph is a double double guy and everyone knows this, Marc has become a damn good center and he's making that Pau trade not look as bad now.......I would love to have Marc on this team, Tinsley gives them a bigger guard off the bench who can actually run the show and he's been doing that pretty well since he's gotten there......he's been taking mins away from conley who is really the only dark spot in the lineup, Thabeet has really been better as of late.....he's still not worth a 2nd pick but he can play 10 mins and give u 4 points 5 boards and 3 or 4 blocks.....thats pretty damn effecient.

Again I'm not saying that they'll beat us I just hate when people say things like that when they don't really know, thats the same thing people used to say about us without ever watching us play a game.......I'm still trying to convince some of my friends that we r 4real. I guess being raised right outside of Memphis makes me try and defend them a lil more than I should but still they're a good team..........losing to them wouldn't be a surprise at all

• Like 1

We win by 20...

They are a solid young team; and if they were in the east instead of the brutal west, they are easily sitting between the 5th and 7th spot right now. We should beat them; but if we come out taking them for granted, it will not be a pretty win.

I have league pass and i watch all the teams, Memphis being no exception and they are just if not a bit more athletic than us. They have been playing really well lately and really since Iverson left. With all that being said they will leave Philips on Wednesday night with a 2 game losing streak.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT - - - -

Every team in the NBA, regardless of their record, are capable of winning or losing every time

they step on the floor. This game is no different.

This Atlanta Hawks team is a high scoring team. They must rebound well and their shots

must fall. Sleepwalk at the wrong time and Memphis will leave with a victory.

Do I believe the Hawks will win? Yep. They are @ home. They play better @ home. The

Memphis team doesn't have as good a record as the Hawks. Yet, if the Hawks take it for

granted that thiis game is already won, they very well could end up on the short end of the stick.

:smile:

To call the Grizzlies trash is a bit harsh. If you've watched/kept up with their games since Iverson left, they have been playing good basketball. They can score and they are athletic. I wouldn't sleep on this team. Will Rudy Gay go for 40 like he did against Miami last night? Probably not. But, by no means is this team a push over. The Grizzlies and the Thunder remind me of us. Their confidence is growing. This is not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. Should we win? Yes. Can they win? Yes.