• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

T-Mac

WraithSentinel

If they buy him out and he clears waivers, then of course.

Aside from what he will do on the court, he represents more tickets sales and revenue.

Let assume Rockets and T-Mac part ways. By part ways I mean a buyout if no trade can work out. Should the Hawks look to bring him in?

I started a thread a few days ago, thinking that they may trade T-Mac, that was moved to the "Around the NBA" forum.

The Rockets have already said that they're not buying the guy out. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do that, seeing that this is the last year of his deal. They are willing to do a trade for him though.

The Hawks, I think, could trade Marvin and Jamal Crawford and possibly get T-Mac right now. No way I'd do that though ( lol @ me saying that . . . because a healthy T-Mac would make us instant title contenders ). But the health is a concern. If he were to get hurt again, that would absolutely kill us depth wise. Mo would have to start and Teague would be forced to contribute right away. That's a HUGE gamble to take.

However, this would put the Hawks, all of a sudden, in a great situation. They could possibly acquire the ultimate complimentary player to JJ. A guy who offensively can be very explosive and be the same type of playmaker that JJ is at times. Defensively, he's better than Crawford but maybe a little less active than Marvin.

If the experiment failed, you now, all of a sudden, have enough money to give JJ a good deal, because T-Mac's 23 million falls off the Hawks payroll when you renounce his rights. And if we were to do something crazy, like get to the NBA Finals, we could possibly retain T-Mac for a few years at a very reasonable price. Possibly a Marvin-like price ( depending where his skills as a player are )

A move like this does force Woody to play Teague, unless Woody becomes a real mad scientist, and plays T-Mac at the point.

One thing about this though, SOMEBODY will acquire this dude, injury prone or not. He'd basically be a rental type player for 1/2 season. And if a team didn't have to give up vital pieces to get him, they'll make a move to do just that.

Cleveland: Big Z, Daniel Gibson, and Jamario Moon

Miami: straight swap for Jermaine O'Neal

New York: Eddy Curry & Cuttino Mobley ( or Nate Robinson + a filler )

Charlotte: Tyson Chandler & Eddy Curry

The thing is, Houston does need a big man, because they currently have Chuck Hayes starting at center. So even if they traded for an overpaid scrub big man, the move may be justified to round out the roster. As long as he doesn't go to Cleveland or Miami, or to any other East team, I'm cool with it.

Maybe Golden St will get him. But watch Mark Cuban try to add him to the Mavs. But surely Houston wouldn't trade with a division rival.

LOL . . it's definitely something for us to think about from our perspective. But way too big of a risk to take, in my opinion.

Marvin and Crawford for an 80% healthy T-Mac . . . . hmmmmm.

Edited by northcyde

I started a thread a few days ago, thinking that they may trade T-Mac, that was moved to the "Around the NBA" forum.

The Rockets have already said that they're not buying the guy out. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do that, seeing that this is the last year of his deal. They are willing to do a trade for him though.

The Hawks, I think, could trade Marvin and Jamal Crawford and possibly get T-Mac right now. No way I'd do that though ( lol @ me saying that . . . because a healthy T-Mac would make us instant title contenders ). But the health is a concern. If he were to get hurt again, that would absolutely kill us depth wise. Mo would have to start and Teague would be forced to contribute right away. That's a HUGE gamble to take.

However, this would put the Hawks, all of a sudden, in a great situation. They could possibly acquire the ultimate complimentary player to JJ. A guy who offensively can be very explosive and be the same type of playmaker that JJ is at times. Defensively, he's better than Crawford but maybe a little less active than Marvin.

If the experiment failed, you now, all of a sudden, have enough money to give JJ a good deal. And if we were to do something crazy, like get to the NBA Finals, we could possibly retain T-Mac for a few years at a very reasonable price. Possibly a Marvin-like price ( depending where his skills as a player are )

A move like this does force Woody to play Teague, unless Woody becomes a real mad scientist, and plays T-Mac at the point.

One thing about this though, SOMEBODY will acquire this dude, injury prone or not. He'd basically be a rental type player for 1/2 season. And if a team didn't have to give up vital pieces to get him, they'll make a move to do just that.

Cleveland: Big Z & Delonte West

Miami: straight swap for Jermaine O'Neal

New York: Eddy Curry & Cuttino Mobley ( or Nate Robinson + a filler )

Charlotte: Tyson Chandler & Eddy Curry

The thing is, Houston does need a big man. So even if they traded for an overpaid scrub big man, the move may be justifies to round out the team. As long as he doesn't go to Cleveland or Miami, or to any other East team, I'm cool with it.

Maybe Golden St will get him. But watch Mark Cuban try to add him to the Mavs. But surely Houston wouldn't trade with a division rival.

LOL . . it's definitely something for us to think about from our perspective. But way too big of a risk to take, in my opinion.

Marvin and Crawford for an 80% healthy T-Mac . . . . hmmmmm.

It would make more sense to buy him out. Since his deal expires if they buy him out they still get the cap space. I don't think there's enough good expirers in the league to justify trading him and what team that would be a contender would want to take the risk of trading essential players for a shot at Tmac. I think hed be perfect for us at the 3 if Marvin would be willing to go to the bench for a half season.

One more thing. . . Woody would probably still try to play T-Mac off the bench, in the super 6th man role, like how he does with Crawford. He'd use T-Mac to dominate the middle of games, while JJ rested ( hopefully ). Then his lineup of Bibby - JJ - McGrady would try to kill people and end games, much like the Bibby - Crawford - JJ lineup does. Bringing him off the bench would limit his minutes and possibly preserve him.

(( checking feesibility of this )) . . . I see that Marvin is a BYC player, which limits his value a little. That means it would take Marvin, Jamal, and Zaza to get T-Mac. Nevermind then. That's giving up way too much on an very good, but injury prone player.

LOL . that means that we'd have to count on Morris AND Teague to play key minutes off the bench. They'd go from our 10th and 11th players, to the 7th and 8th players. Houston probably wouldn't take that much back in guaranteed salary anyway. I'f I'm them, I maybe want a decent player, plus some expiring contracts.

But if we did do it, this would possibly be the lineup:

G - Bibby

G - JJ

G/F - Evans ( 18 - 25 minutes a game )

F - Smith

C - Horford

Bench

6th - T-Mac ( 30+ minutes a game )

7th - Joe Smith

8th - Teague

9th - Morris/Collins

Ish . . I don't know. Maybe I'd still deal Crawford, Marvin, and Zaza for T-Mac. Woody is going to play the starters 33+ minutes a night anyway. And it's not like Zaza is playiing worth a damn these days.

LOL . . nah. Too much to give up. Tempting as hell though.

And I don't know if I'd be real upset if we made a 3 for 1 move like that. That would be a hell of a gamble . . but a championship-type gamble, if T-Mac played anywhere near his capability. No way could we survive if our starters got hurt though.

T-Mac's body is done. How much production do yall expect from his poorly-built frame before he breaks down? A full month would surprise me. He has 10+ years with two scoring titles worth of wear on those chicken legs, like A.I. with 3. You see how much noise A.I. is making. Call it a career. Damn good one. We all know he made enough dough. At least I know Marvin has a much higher chance at being dressed and availabe on a nightly basis, as sorry as he may be. Hopefully Sund isn't biting.

It would make more sense to buy him out. Since his deal expires if they buy him out they still get the cap space. I don't think there's enough good expirers in the league to justify trading him and what team that would be a contender would want to take the risk of trading essential players for a shot at Tmac. I think hed be perfect for us at the 3 if Marvin would be willing to go to the bench for a half season.

I think Miami would DEFINITELY do it, if they decided to play small ball. Joel Anthony gave us fits when he got extended minutes against us in the playoffs, with his shot blocking ability. He leads that team in blocks, despite playing just 15 minutes a game. At the pace he's on, he'd be the leading shot blocker in the league, if he got 30 minutes a game.

So if that team did something like start Anthony at center, but also play Haslem extended minutes at center ( he's already playing spot minutes there now ), they may make a move for T-Mac. If this dude is 80% healthy, he immeadiately improves that Heat team. He can shoot the 3, and he's a great playmaker. The only question is his durability. And it's not like Jermaine is an iron man either. So to me, that's the obvious team that would make a move for him, that wouldn't hurt either team from a financial standpoint. A straight on, one for one swap.

I think Miami would DEFINITELY do it, if they decided to play small ball. Joel Anthony gave us fits when he got extended minutes against us in the playoffs, with his shot blocking ability. He leads that team in blocks, despite playing just 15 minutes a game. At the pace he's on, he'd be the leading shot blocker in the league, if he got 30 minutes a game.

So if that team did something like start Anthony at center, but also play Haslem extended minutes at center ( he's already playing spot minutes there now ), they may make a move for T-Mac. If this dude is 80% healthy, he immeadiately improves that Heat team. He can shoot the 3, and he's a great playmaker. The only question is his durability. And it's not like Jermaine is an iron man either. So to me, that's the obvious team that would make a move for him, that wouldn't hurt either team from a financial standpoint. A straight on, one for one swap.

They don't have the depth to limit his minutes enough in the reg season. They'd miss the playoffs trying to win a championship..lol

I tried a 3 team trade on Real GM. I don't know if this makes sense

We trade Marvin and Crawford to Chi

Chi trades Deng and Brad Miller to Hou

We get Tmac

Trade ID #5347730

Interesting trade right there. Chicago is about to implode, because Del Negro is about to be fired at any time now. Deng is balling, but I don't know how Chicago fans would receive Marvin and Jamal back into the mix. Jamal would be a good scoring guard to play alongside Rose though. And Marvin is good enough so that he won't be a liability.

For Houston, that would be a GREAT MOVE. Damn. They get Deng plus a outside shooting center in Miller? I think they'd have no problem doing that deal.

Of course for us, we're the ones that has to worry about how healthy T-Mac is. If he can give us 1/2 a season + the playoffs . . it could be the move of the year. If not, it's a chemistry and depth killer.

@ Benhillboy - You may be right man. He looked real bad last year health wise. Acquiring him would almost insure that the core of JJ - Smith - Horford stays together. I'm not the type that is willing to give up on Marvin, but I don't believe he's going to be a star player in this league either. His destiny is to be a solid starter for the next 7 - 10 years.

If I were the GM, I wouldn't do it. LOL . . but I would do EXTENSIVE RESEARCH into it, before I made that decision. That's almost a Pau Gasol-like gift to a team, if T-Mac is at 80%.

I'm honestly in disbelief on what I'm reading here.

Eddie I respect your opinion on basketball but T-Mac makes like 15 to 20 million. Why in the hell would our ownership want to bring that guy on board considering his injury history as of late? That's wasted money.

Who here would trade Crawford for T-Mac straight up today? I sure as hell wouldn't. We know what we've got in Crawford. T-Mac may blow up his knee tomorrow.

And the money......... sheez I know I mentioned it but it's absurd. The only way you make that deal is to get off Marvin's salary. The only way. I know Marvin is hated around here but damn, would we even have the cap room to sign someone decent without his contract?

NOPE is my guess because Horford will have a big cap hold.

Eddie I respect your opinion on basketball but T-Mac makes like 15 to 20 million. Why in the hell would our ownership want to bring that guy on board considering his injury history as of late? That's wasted money.

Who here would trade Crawford for T-Mac straight up today? I sure as hell wouldn't. We know what we've got in Crawford. T-Mac may blow up his knee tomorrow.

And the money......... sheez I know I mentioned it but it's absurd. The only way you make that deal is to get off Marvin's salary. The only way. I know Marvin is hated around here but damn, would we even have the cap room to sign someone decent without his contract?

NOPE is my guess because Horford will have a big cap hold.

It's 2003 all over again.

Rockets will have hard time one finding any value for him and finding enough expiring contracts to trade him. A buyout is really the only option. Getting T-Mac does not mean trading anyone on the current roster. He would sign the Vet min and come off the bench. Let face it beside Craw our bench is very suspect. We would be fine without him. If we could get him it would provide a boost for this team. There are mins out there to be had.