• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

By my math the NBA owes the Hawks a decision on that shot clock petition

HawkItus

Hawks filed it on Thursday Dec. 30. Cleveland had 5 business days to respond. NBA has 5 business days to make a ruling. That is tomorrow.

I was just about to ask if there had been a decision made on that yet. I knew I hadn't seen anything. If they ruled the ending of that game has to be replayed, wouldn't we technically be in a tie with Orlando for the lead in the SE Division?

Once again- for anyone who thinks that the Hawks should get a replay, do you think this is worse than the time the Hawks scorers failed to credit the Raptors with a basket in a game the Hawks won by 4? If no replay was awarded in that game, no replay should be awarded in this game.

• Moderators

Once again- for anyone who thinks that the Hawks should get a replay, do you think this is worse than the time the Hawks scorers failed to credit the Raptors with a basket in a game the Hawks won by 4? If no replay was awarded in that game, no replay should be awarded in this game.

No replay should have been awarded in the Shaq game. No replay should be awarded here. The ruling in the Shaq decision is inconsistent with a denial here and a denial of the Raptors. Bad precedent in that Shaq ruling.

No replay should have been awarded in the Shaq game. No replay should be awarded here. The ruling in the Shaq decision is inconsistent with a denial here and a denial of the Raptors. Bad precedent in that Shaq ruling.

Agreed that the Shaq ruling was bad but should they continue to make bad decisions and force replays because of that prior bad decision?

Personally I am more suprised that they didn't award a replay in the Raptors game than they did in the Miami game. But I think in all reality the Hawks were forced to replay the Miami game because the scorers screwed up so badly in the Toronto game. But regardless- the toronto game was MUCH worse than this.

Personally I am more suprised that they didn't award a replay in the Raptors game than they did in the Miami game. But I think in all reality the Hawks were forced to replay the Miami game because the scorers screwed up so badly in the Toronto game. But regardless- the toronto game was MUCH worse than this.

At what point in the game was the basket not counted ? The 2nd or 3rd quarter ?

Here is the difference. Both the Shaq / Heat error and the Hawks / Cavs error happened in the last 2 minutes of a game.

Its much easier to replay just 2 minutes then it is a whole half.

Personally I think thats why they will never in a million years give a replay of the Cavs game- its completely dependent on WHEN it happened. But then in a month when a shot clock error happens 3 minutes out the League is going to say that no- thats too much time? They don't want to be in the position of figuring out where on the slippery slope to draw that line. There should only be a replay when the problem is so egregious that at any point in the game it would affect the outcome. If Shaq were disqualifyed with 10 minutes to go it would have been even worse.

:temperature:

If no replay is awarded the Atlanta Hawks, that means only one thing:

The time keeper, and not the players, is allowed to determine the outcome of this game.

Whan Woody called a time out, for no other reason than to try to get this corrected at the time,

he was told by the reg's "I have no idea what you're talking about." That was it. No checking

the replay to see if Woody was correct or not.

In the NFL, each team has a red flag and may use it two times in each game to stop play

and protest the call, which, if it is a call that can be reviewed, the refs must review the play

and then rule.

NBA has no such red flags. If they did, this is where Woody certainly would have used his.

Again, who decides? The players or the time keeper?

:stirthepot:

• Moderators

For clarification, the game should not bereplayed but the refs should be significantly disciplined and the timekeeper should be suspended w/o pay. Bad mistakes and worse not to correct them immediately. Timekeeper knew right away and refs knew at the timeout and neither stepped up.

So where's our decision? Did i miss it?

The team has 2 business days to protest. The opposing team has 5 business days to respond. The league is supposed to deliver a verdict withing 5 business days after that. That is a total of 12 business days.

Here is my count on it:

The game was on Dec. 30th.

Dec. 31st is the first business day.

Jan. 1st is likely a vacation day for the league front office.

Jan. 5th is the second business day and the day when the protest was submitted.

Jan. 11th is the 5th business day for the Cavs to respond by.

Yesterday was most likely a vacation day for the league front office.

Today, Jan. 19th is most likely the 5th business day for the league to make a verdict.

My guess is that we won't ever hear anything if we haven't heard it already. We will see what the next 24 hours bring.