• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoopinion destroyed the argument that Mario played good defense

jerrywest

:temperature:

What he doesn't bring - - MW is not vastly talented. Why would some people believe that?

After all, if he was, would he be here, up from the D League on a 10 day contract? Nope.

You don't get NBA star players, all star type, on this kind of deal. Think about it. If MW had

that kind of stuff, he wouldn't have stayed out of the NBA that long.

Call it what you will. A burst of energy. A false front, running around fast to cover up a lack of talent.

Jeff Teague has some of this - Speed - Flash - Excitement - Whatever you label it. I'm not sure what

you want to call it. But everyone knows, it's there. You just can't deny it.

We had both these players on the floor. Dolfan said, a mini-me back court. Hawks have, from time

to time, went on an extended "SLEEPWALK." Can you imagine what would happen if, right in the middle

of one of these sleepwalk fogs, this mini-me back court came in?

Be quiet a task to continue to sleepwalk, i'll bet.

Sometimes, a team just needs a strong dose of "Wake up!" and MW certainly brings this. Now, whether

or not he's a good defender or not you may question. After all, this is only one game and that after only

one practice. His timing with all the other Hawks couldn't be THAT good. Did anyone notice the difference

in attitude when he came on the floor?

Sometimes it's not what a player does. It's what all the other players do because of him. In this case,

they wake up!

:snowballfight:

Actually LaGree is a genius. He should be doing cancer research, not NBA research.

I'm assuming all your post in this thread are for sarcasm only.

How did his interpretation of 12 possessions leave you speechless ?

7 of the 12 possessions West denied his matchup the ball thanks to his velcro like defense.

Then this genius cracks on a player for running into to a screen.......that is what is supposed to happen when you set a screen. It happens 50 times a game.

Hoopinion is one of the best Hawks blogs out there. You may not agree with his assessment of Mario West but it doesn't mean that Bret doesn't know what he is talking about. Really though? Do people actually think Mario deserves to be in the rotation? From D League straight to the rotation? I love Mario's effort and tenacity but he doesn't have enough of a skill set to stick in the NBA long. At least not on a team that considers itself a contender in the Eastern Conference

• Premium Member

I'm assuming all your post in this thread are for sarcasm only.

How did his interpretation of 12 possessions leave you speechless ?

7 of the 12 possessions West denied his matchup the ball thanks to his velcro like defense.

Then this genius cracks on a player for running into to a screen.......that is what is supposed to happen when you set a screen. It happens 50 times a game.

QFT. He's not an idiot, but this was not an example of a great post by him. He's never been a fan of Mario's and I'm sure he went into palpatitions when the Hawks signed him to a 10-day contract. I got very different impressions from watching several of the plays where he characterized Mario's defense as "bad" or "neutral."

• Moderators

I was going to say that denying your man the ball should count as a positive possession. Merely drifting along while your man is uninvolved should not. I can't detail these for this game, but I do question whether all of them are neutral.

sorry but he sounds like it in this article. mario was making the wiz rush at the end of the clock by playing hard on defense. all the neutrul talk was hilarious. its like he wasnt watching the game and you call him a genius lol. i was watching mario on every play and he was doing work. how can you hate on that. he should come in the game everytime we start getting light up on defense and or when we are moving in slow motion which happens to us in every game we lose.

Edited by ngc7