• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Al Horford made the allstar team and not Josh

pimp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to give a big fat BLAAAAAAHHHH DOOOOWWWW ! To Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley for saying Noah should go over Horford and its not even close.

Well, the coaches have a different opinion.

Then they leave JJ off too !

Such arses !

Edited by coachx

Rondo/Rose/Horford/AI didn't take Smooves' spot. Garnett did. Don't worry. He'll take of 9 days and sit out 1 NBA game & the all star game. He would be stupid to miss the opportunity to rest his knees for 9 days.

Allen Iverson is averaging 14.5 pts and 4.5 ast per game. He does not belong in the all-star game, period.

A solid argument for Josh:

http://www.basketbal...filtered/?p=440

Thanks. here it is:

Though the official announcement of All-Star reserves before tonight’s TNT double-header is still several hours away, individual results began trickling in last night and Yahoo! Sports’ Adreian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears have what are apparently the full rosters for both conferences. Assuming Wojnarowski and Spears is correct–and there’s no reason to doubt them–Western Conference coaches chose the same seven players I had in my picks earlier this week.

The East is where things were apparently a bit different. As expected, the coaches went with veterans Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce, leaders on contending teams. The selection of Derrick Rose was a bit more surprising, but Rose has played at an All-Star level in the month of January, his slow start was apparently largely due to injury and Rose is a second-year player on the rise. It’s hard to get worked up over his inclusion.

While each of the choices may be reasonable individually, they added up to one omission that appears to truly deserve one of my least favorite words in the English language, the overused “snub.” (Each year, approximately 850 players are “snubbed” for the All-Star Game, according to at least one media report. And yes, I do know there are fewer players than that in the league.) Atlanta’s Josh Smith has been, by WARP, one of the top 10 players in the NBA. If not quite that good, Smith rates well by all the other individual metrics (he’s 16th in EWA, John Hollinger’s equivalent PER over replacement). The Hawks, one of the league’s better teams, have been 10.8 points better per 100 possessions with Smith on the floor, and his adjusted plus-minus for this season ranks 18th in the league.

Basically, it’s hard to make the argument that Smith has not been one of the league’s best 20 or so players, and certainly one of the 12 best in the Eastern Conference. The usual explanations don’t seem to apply here. It’s not exactly like Smith an obscure favorite of statistical analysts or a star on a losing ballclub (Eric Freeman points out at The Dagger that, since Charlotte and Chicago won last night, every All-Star is from a team with a record at .500 or better). We’re talking about the third-leading scorer and second-leading rebounder on an elite team that is sending two other players (Johnson and Al Horford) to Dallas. Smith was surely hurt to some extent by the voting format–Johnson and Rose probably split the backup guard votes that didn’t go to Rajon Rondo, while he most likely only appeared on ballots in the utility spots. Beyond that, however, I just don’t get this at all.

If Rajon the "big three made me " Rondo can make it anybody can.

you're crazy..Rondo is one of the best PGs in the NBA. yes he's playing with 3 future hall of famers but you can tell he knows the game and has gotten better every yr. He's been their best player this yr by far. He is an all star no doubt

Congrats to Al but Smoove deserved to make it over him, and its not really close lol. Smoove has matured more than anyone else on this team. His improved play and shot selection is a major reason we are doing really well right now

I so disagree. I think that they made a decision based on the CENTER position which Horford is. Smith deserved to be in the All Star game but it was between him and G. Wallace and Wallace is having a better season. So Josh was snub.

you're crazy..Rondo is one of the best PGs in the NBA LMFAO . yes he's playing with 3 future hall of famers I know that makes it so tough to put up stats, marginal stats at that. I feel bad for a guy playing with 3 hall of famers.

Josh Smith is ten times the player Rondo is. Anybody can bottom feed with 3 hall of famers when nobody cares enough to guard you. It would be A.C. Green making it, hell I think he may have. Put him on the all defense team for sure but an all star, Laughable. If he wasnt on the Celtics he wouldnt even be in the discussion. Mike Bibby in his prime was close to being a superstar that came a ref fix away from single handedly beating the Kobe Shaq team and he could never sniff an all star game. Rondo is just a guy.

Edited by NJHAWK

I wonder if you got this revelation in a tablet.

So, do you disagree with my statement? Who do you think deserves a spot more, Garnett or AI? I say screw them both, but Garnett should probably go ahead of AI considering that he is a top 3 player on the 2nd best team in the East.

So, do you disagree with my statement? Who do you think deserves a spot more, Garnett or AI? I say screw them both, but Garnett should probably go ahead of AI considering that he is a top 3 player on the 2nd best team in the East.

Isn't it obvious to everybody that neither deserve this? Garnett is far from where he was last year.

• Premium Member

Grats to Horford...and it's going to be GREAT to see two Hawks out there. But I really feel bad for Smoove. He truly deserves to be there this year. He's such an important part of this team...and he's made such huge strides.