• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sick and Tired of Sissy NBA

Supporter

I just couldn't believe it when a defender was physically bumping Joe back outside of the three point line and no foul was being called, but when one of our guys breaths on KD it was instantly a foul! :computer8:

Edited by SmooveZilla

you aint the only one..I been sickand tired of the NBA for a while now. The talent level is good but the way the game is reffereed is horrible. Much rather watch the game on the college and even highschool level sometimes because its much more fair. Too much favoritism in the NBA..takes away from the game. They make it impossible to play D and impossible to guard players that are already good. Its sickening. I like the Hawks but whats the point of cheering if the refs arent gonna let you play. Hopefully Johnson can get some more calls somehow..maybe he wins all star MVP or something lol that'll do it

• Admin

you aint the only one..I been sickand tired of the NBA for a while now. The talent level is good but the way the game is reffereed is horrible. Much rather watch the game on the college and even highschool level sometimes because its much more fair. Too much favoritism in the NBA..takes away from the game. They make it impossible to play D and impossible to guard players that are already good. Its sickening. I like the Hawks but whats the point of cheering if the refs arent gonna let you play. Hopefully Johnson can get some more calls somehow..maybe he wins all star MVP or something lol that'll do it

I was at the game and down by that play and Joe was really hanging on to him before Durant was pushing back...

I was at the game and down by that play and Joe was really hanging on to him before Durant was pushing back...

regardless of that play..the NBA game isnt refereed too well..silly rules take away from the game. I see it every game I watch..not just the Hawks. star players getting more calls and also the fact that they make it almost impossible for a player to be guarded closely without calling a foul..it sucks. It wasnt like that in the 80s and 90s..and Im a young guy that started watching the NBA in the mid 90s. Stern put rules in to make tha game more free flowing and exciting lol

• Premium Member

On the one hand I want to agree with all of you, but on the other, it just seems like stupid defense on our part. I mean, if the guy is getting the calls every time you put your hands on him (which is technically a foul btw) then STOP DOING IT!. I mean, let him grab the damn ball and take a long jumper. Sure he will make some of those but he isn't gonna shoot 100% like he does with his free throws. JJ had his hands on Durant all game, and regardless of us not getting similar calls, if the ref is calling it, than you have to adjust and stop doing it.

• Moderators

How many college games, even in the tournament, seem to have blatantly terrible or slanted officiating? Very few. Sure there are blown calls but never a real consistent bias or head scratching ineptitude. How often does this happen in the NBA? I'd say weekly. Are NCAA refs that much better, is the nba game that much harder to officiate, or is there just a different culture?

To me its just laughable the contention that nba officiating is fair. There may not be a conspiracy to favor certain teams but NO one and I mean NO one believes that the league's stars are subject to the same rules as everyone else. The commentators on NBA telecasts will even say 'a rookie's not going to get that call against Kobe' or whoever. Its like when wrestling used to claim it was an actual sport. No one believed that except idiots. It was part of the joke.

I think its a calculated move by the nba. They believe that there aren't enough people who want to watch a good basketball game. What makes the nba more popular is the spectacle, the stars, the personalities. Sports entertainment. And they may be right. Its just people like us who want to see a real basketball game that are punished. The average fan who shows up to see Lebron could care less that he's allowed to bowl people over on his way to the basket. As long as they get to see his dunk.

How many college games, even in the tournament, seem to have blatantly terrible or slanted officiating? Very few. Sure there are blown calls but never a real consistent bias or head scratching ineptitude. How often does this happen in the NBA? I'd say weekly. Are NCAA refs that much better, is the nba game that much harder to officiate, or is there just a different culture?

To me its just laughable the contention that nba officiating is fair. There may not be a conspiracy to favor certain teams but NO one and I mean NO one believes that the league's stars are subject to the same rules as everyone else. The commentators on NBA telecasts will even say 'a rookie's not going to get that call against Kobe' or whoever. Its like when wrestling used to claim it was an actual sport. No one believed that except idiots. It was part of the joke.

I think its a calculated move by the nba. They believe that there aren't enough people who want to watch a good basketball game. What makes the nba more popular is the spectacle, the stars, the personalities. Sports entertainment. And they may be right. Its just people like us who want to see a real basketball game that are punished. The average fan who shows up to see Lebron could care less that he's allowed to bowl people over on his way to the basket. As long as they get to see his dunk.

Good post, at the end of the day Nba is all about the $$$$.... It's business to them, they could careless what you think as long as they make that money....

Well said..its not kool tho. And then when guys like Kobe and Wade dont get their call they cry about it lol like they dont get most of the calls in their favor already lol thats why I cant root for those guys. At least LeBron gets wacked and sometimes he doesnt get called for obvious fouls..guess because he gets fouled every single time he goes to the rim..they couldnt call all of them

On the one hand I want to agree with all of you, but on the other, it just seems like stupid defense on our part. I mean, if the guy is getting the calls every time you put your hands on him (which is technically a foul btw) then STOP DOING IT!. I mean, let him grab the damn ball and take a long jumper. Sure he will make some of those but he isn't gonna shoot 100% like he does with his free throws. JJ had his hands on Durant all game, and regardless of us not getting similar calls, if the ref is calling it, than you have to adjust and stop doing it.

yea you're right. I kind of knew Joe Johnson was gonna get called for a foul the way he was playing D on Durant. I guess Durant is now a superstar because I've seen Joe Johnson play that same D on DRose and Brandon Roy with no foul called

One of biggest reasons why it irks me that Josh Smith didn't make the all-star game. Maybe just maybe he could have got those calls from the refs if he had the all-star status next to his name.

But now he'll probably continue to get jobbed by officials. Of course as stated even Joe Johnson our now 4-time all-star gets jobbed at times. But nobody gets screwed like Smoove. Maybe because he complains so much they assume he didn't get fouled on many plays, but sometimes he gets blatantly hacked and gets Solomon Jones level of respect from officials