• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: We are in the running for Big Z

mrhonline

He could give us a solid 20 mpg over the next 2 years. His length will not go away.........no matter how old he gets.

He would drastically slow our pace down but would be a nice option off the bench.

I don't know if I would burn the full MLE on him though..............since its not my money...........why not ?

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

He could give us a solid 20 mpg over the next 2 years. His length will not go away.........no matter how old he gets.

He would drastically slow our pace down but would be a nice option off the bench.

I don't know if I would burn the full MLE on him though..............since its not my money...........why not ?

C'mon now. The Atlanta Spirit are already getting hurt by admitting they are violating league minimum salaries with the Thrashers and they are I think the only top team in the NBA that is not paying the luxury tax. They are a cheap, cheap ownership and would never spend the money to get Z to come here. He's going to sit out his 30 days and resign with the Cavs.

Definitely no. Big Z is my countryman, but I really don't want to see he with other jerseys than Cleveland's. That trade with Washington are heart breaking for him.

Zydrunas spent all his career in Cleveland and the Cleveland helped him to recover from all his injuries. He will remain grateful for the Cavs for entire his life. Earlier he has said that he wants to win the ring with Cavs and he would end his career. Also, he has said that he wants to be cavalier entire his career. If the Washington don't buy out his contract and if he will not return to Cavs, after this season he would be playing for the Lithuania's national team (for the first time in his career) in the World Basketball Championship 2010 in Turkey and after all he will end his career.

Dallas showing some attention on Ilgauskas and they'll pursue Ilgauskas if he receives buyout from Washington. Zydrunas' agent wants to get buyout and resign contract with Cavs.

NBA - where aren't any limits on humanity...

Hawks should have traded Zaza...

P.S. Sorry for my english...

Edited by suiluap

Why offer a two year deal? How about a full MLE for this season only?

I think mrh. was assuming we would have to sweeten the pot to get him to pick us over a return to Cleveland.

If he came for a 1 year deal then I agree that its a no brainer. I assume Cleveland, Dallas, and others would be offering him the same thing though.

The Hawks have the full MLE to spend if they wanted to on Z. The other teams already spent their's. Here's a list of which teams still have their MLE to spend.

http://www.storytell...eamsalaries.htm

If the Hawks want Z then they could have him.

MLE may not be a lot of money for rich people like you and I, but it is a lot of money for the poor owners of this team.

• Like 1

You guys have absolutely lost your minds.

Big Z? Really?

I know he makes jumpshots . . . against us . . . but this guy isn't nearly the shooter that some of you think he is. Unless we could get him for 2 yrs - 3.5 million, there's no way in the world I'd waste money on that dude. The full MLE? No way.

Big Z's shooting this year:

at rim: 61.5% FG ( 2.3 attempts/game )

< 10 ft: 40.7% FG ( 0.5 att/gm )

10 - 15 ft: 36.8% FG ( 0.4 att/gm )

16 - 23 ft: 35% FG ( 3.2 att/gm )

three pt: 50% FG ( 0.4 att/gm )

In other words . . . he shoots about like Marvin from the perimeter, especially from midrange.

And Big Z can't guard Dwight either.

No thanks. I'd rather let Al Horford play 36 minutes a game and take 3 - 4 more shots a game, than to waste money on a Big Z contract. Unless you can get him on the extreme cheap, there's no way you overpay for a guy like that.

Edited by northcyde

• Admin

If he is bought out (which makes sense for Washington)...Atlanta is one of the teams interested in acquiring Big Z.

I would love to have him come bolster our bench. A very solid and proven center that rebounds and has a very consistent jumper not to mention a lot of height.