• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you expect a team to "Rashard" JJ next season?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I'm referring to another team being willing to offer a sixth-year to JJ via a S&T. Lewis' final season with the Magic will cost them $22M. To me, that will be the difference between keeping JJ and letting him go.

Can you envision someone being THAT desperate with the lockout looming?

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member

I think a team will do it. JJ is going to want that extra year no matter where he goes.

It might be a different ballgame with the lockout looming, though. No doubt there will be a couple teams willing to shell out 5-year deals. But unless the team is SURE that they can contend with the core they have (plus JJ), it's tough to envision a 6-year deal with raises. In my view, that means either Chicago will offer it or no one will.

I'm referring to another team being willing to offer a sixth-year to JJ via a S&T. Lewis' final season with the Magic will cost them $22M. To me, that will be the difference between keeping JJ and letting him go.

Can you envision someone being THAT desperate with the lockout looming?

The Knicks or Nets will do it if they lose out on James, Wade, Bosh, & Stoudemire.

At least JJ is alot better then Lewis. Lewis was never more then a 2nd or 3rd option. JJ has proven that he can be "the man" on a winning team (maybe not a championship team but a winning team). If Horford and Smoove continue their growth I think we have a shot at a championship.

I DO NOT want to sign a 29 year old to a 6 year contract though. JJ will be 29 for the 1st year of his new contract.

5 years is the longest I would want to go. He would stay pretty steady for 4 more years..........29 - 32...............the age of 33 scares me (unless your name is Jordan or Kobe) as far as wing players declining. However................big expiring contracts are easy to move so he will be a HUGE trade assett in his last year of his contract.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I think that as long as ASG negotiates quickly with Joe, he will resign. I think we have the best deal too offer. I also believe that Joe is second on everybody else's list. We should wine and dine Joe like the FA he is but at the end of the day we should make an offer quickly... as if we planned it.

What if we play hardball? Offer Joe our best offer at 12:01. Tell him he has until 11:59 the next day to sign or the offer decreases. Now I know you guys would say somebody would offer him max. But, that isn't guaranteed and no one is going to make him the #1 priority like us. So really it says to Joe "who loves you baby?" and offers him the most respect. I'm sure Joe has some pride and doesn't want to play second fiddle to Bron, Wade, and Bosh while everyone wines and dines them for 3 weeks.

I think that as long as ASG negotiates quickly with Joe, he will resign.

Obviously, ASG will offer at 12:01. They don't have any other choice.

Obviously, Joe would want to kiss all the bachelorettes and enjoy all the attention even if he wants to marry the Hawks. It's a month long bachelor party in Las Vegas for him. His last one. Why would he miss it? It's not like Hawks can marry anyone else. The more he parties the higher his price goes. All the agents really worked hard to clear up as much caps as they can. JJ is at the perfect spot to cash in.

Too many desperate teams with cap money - too few all stars available.