• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm gonna focus on a positive: Josh Smith

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Can this incredible level of play continue? I hope they continue to keep him out of the All-Star game. :helpsmilie:

Posiively speaking, we took it to the best playing team in the game right now. Dallas hasn't lost since the break.

In this stretch, they have beaten the Hawks, Lakers, Heat, Magic, and Suns... They beat us and the Magic on the road.

They beat the Magic by 10 in a game that everybody was healthy and the Magic shot 41% from the field.

We had them BEAT.

I will admit, we coached our way out of a win. However, I think we showed that we have the ability to blow them out.

Posiively speaking, we took it to the best playing team in the game right now. Dallas hasn't lost since the break.

In this stretch, they have beaten the Hawks, Lakers, Heat, Magic, and Suns... They beat us and the Magic on the road.

They beat the Magic by 10 in a game that everybody was healthy and the Magic shot 41% from the field.

We had them BEAT.

I will admit, we coached our way out of a win. However, I think we showed that we have the ability to blow them out.

lol. This team has the ability to look mediocre even when winning... Which is what they will do. When was the last time the Hawks beat a quality team by 15 points?

• Premium Member

lol. This team has the ability to look mediocre even when winning... Which is what they will do. When was the last time the Hawks beat a quality team by 15 points?

Your answer is Toronto.... however,

The better question is why would you need to beat a QUALITY team by 15. Hots, you got to stop looking at this game as if it's your PS3 and you are at the controls. It doesn't work that way. I know on your PS3, you canmake Josh run down the lane and do all kind of stupid, dominique dunks... I know with the controller in your hand, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford are like 62% from 3. However, these teams have pride. They will not be blown out. Especially not a QUality team. Even when we would get 20 and 30wins in a season, we still had pride enough not to be totally humiliated... That's what our first playoff series against the Celts were about. It was about our will not to just LAY down. We have that.. why do you expect that other teams won't?

So here's the deal. That Boston team took 7 games to beat a lowly Atlanta team... Did that make them sorry or what's your word... mediocre? Why don't you ask the Lakers how Mediocre that Boston team was.

Your answer is Toronto.... however,

The better question is why would you need to beat a QUALITY team by 15. Hots, you got to stop looking at this game as if it's your PS3 and you are at the controls. It doesn't work that way. I know on your PS3, you canmake Josh run down the lane and do all kind of stupid, dominique dunks... I know with the controller in your hand, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford are like 62% from 3. However, these teams have pride. They will not be blown out. Especially not a QUality team. Even when we would get 20 and 30wins in a season, we still had pride enough not to be totally humiliated... That's what our first playoff series against the Celts were about. It was about our will not to just LAY down. We have that.. why do you expect that other teams won't?

So here's the deal. That Boston team took 7 games to beat a lowly Atlanta team... Did that make them sorry or what's your word... mediocre? Why don't you ask the Lakers how Mediocre that Boston team was.

Toronto? That was what.... November and they were playing pretty bad back then. Of the teams with a top 7 or 8 record, the Hawks play the worst ball of those teams by far. Even wins are ugly most of the time. This team has got humiliated often in a bunch of different ways in the last decade.... Bums have came off the bench to light this team up. Nobody team in the east has got embarrassed more than the Hawks the last 10 years. Even the Nets as bad as they are had runs to the finals. Even with a winning record teams like SA and Orlando often embarrass the Hawks. Where is the Hawks pride then? Where is the Hawks pride when Orlando stars giving the heavy shots in the 2nd and 3rd periods everytime the teams meet. Where is the Hawks pride then? Where is the Hawks pride when they get shame by GS? Oh yeah, they barely squeak by Utah when they're missing Deron Williams.

As for as the Celtics series go... Yeah, that's the Hawks. Their highlights are LOSING playoff series.

Oh, and just for your INFO.... None of the current Hawk players are on my Xbox team. I traded all of them.

PS:Oh the Knicks... Maybe they have got shamed more. The ownership can go along way in correctly problems by giving Woody the boot. No after the playoffs... Not next month. NOW

It's not like a team that folds in the 4th period night after night is going to do anything in the playoffs anyway.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Can this incredible level of play continue? I hope they continue to keep him out of the All-Star game. :helpsmilie:

This game was a microcosm of Josh at his best (he crashed the boards like a madman and showed why he's the best help defender in the league) and worst (his on ball defense was poor, which is the biggest weakness in his game, IMHO). The latter certainly doesn't outweigh the former, but it can't just be ignored. We're going to have to deal with versatile inside-out PFs if we want to make it out of the second round this year. When we face those guys, Josh still needs to get better at knowing when to simply put a hand up and contest or move his feet, and not just go for the block or steal whenever his man gets the ball.

But again, that doesn't negate what he did tonight. Josh was everywhere tonight.

Edited by niremetal

This game was a microcosm of Josh at his best (he crashed the boards like a madman and showed why he's the best help defender in the league) and worst (his on ball defense was poor, which is the biggest weakness in his game, IMHO). The latter certainly doesn't outweigh the former, but it can't just be ignored. We're going to have to deal with versatile inside-out PFs if we want to make it out of the second round this year. When we face those guys, Josh still needs to get better at knowing when to simply put a hand up and contest or move his feet, and not just go for the block or steal whenever his man gets the ball.

But again, that doesn't negate what he did tonight. Josh was everywhere tonight.

He should have got more touches down the stretch to try to make dirk work on d too. Horford and Crawford didnt need to shoot as much as they did down the stretch they were both a combined 9 for 32 which is downright pathetic.

• Premium Member

What about Mike Bibby? he hit 2 big 3pointers back to back towards the end of the 4th. He missed some as well, but he shot better in this game than I have seen for some time now.

Yeah, Bibby kept us in the game with those threes. His shooting wasn't so bad tonight.