• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you expect from Marvin Williams?

Joker

Given the circumstances, I expect great defense.

- He gives us that

I expect him to hit open jumpers.

-He doesn't do that all the time

I expect him to crash the boards which isn't his M.O.

-He still doesn't do it consistently.

Clearly as a 5th option, there is not much you can expect from Marvin on the offensive end. He's good with touches and not so good without them. He's a solid passer but not a good one. He does play great on ball defense and his off the ball is good as well. He doesn't move without the ball well, I think it's just a part of his game we will never see no matter what. Good shooter when involved in the offense, not so much when not. He is very consistent, for better or worst. He is one of our most valuable players, his defense on SF is important to the future of this team with or without players like Joe, Smoove, or Horford. His role will pick up if Joe, Smith or Horford is gone. I would not trade him for anyone other than the obvious candidates. He's our Tayshaun Prince aka glue guy.

What's your take on Marvin?

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

I'm not going to hate on marvin but either he or the coaching is a problem. We've had a few games on national tv lately and the commentators share my opinion - marvin passes up too many drives for jumpers.

Marvin only drives when confident, his whole offensive game is based on confidence and feel. We known this for a couple of seasons now.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Marvin only drives when confident, his whole offensive game is based on confidence and feel. We known this for a couple of seasons now.

He loses confidence because he falls down or turns the ball over on half of his

akward drives.Marvin has been in the NBA 5 years and still plays at 100 mph.

That's the difference between Marvin and Josh.The game has slowed down

for Josh , and not for MW. Think about it.If Josh drives , and gets cut off, he will kickit out to an open teammate.

Marvin, in the same situation , will just plow into the defender everytime, because he gets going too fast and can't stop.

Really , think he plays like he's scared sometimes...I'm not sure why.

• Premium Member

for Josh , and not for MW. Think about it.If Josh drives , and gets cut off, he will kickit out to an open teammate.

Marvin, in the same situation , will just plow into the defender everytime, because he gets going too fast and can't stop.

The truth is that Marvin is not a driver. He ducks his head and stumbles into the lane.. plowing into whatever is there. Now that he's no longer a young player, refs don't care and they call him for the charge or travel or whatever he makes. He's not looking most of the time. It's sad.

Right now, we can count on Mo Evans to go inside harder than Marvin.

Gentlemen, turn your excuse machines off!!

That's a tall tale sign of not being confident.

Well dang. What are the coaches doing to solve this problem? Someone needs to find out how to get this guy motivated and confident then. We are wasting our time with him if no one is trying to fix this problem that WE all see but the coaches cant.

- He gives us that

Clearly as a 5th option, there is not much you can expect from Marvin on the offensive end. He's good with touches and not so good without them. He's a solid passer but not a good one. He does play great on ball defense and his off the ball is good as well. He doesn't move without the ball well, I think it's just a part of his game we will never see no matter what. Good shooter when involved in the offense, not so much when not. He is very consistent, for better or worst. He is one of our most valuable players, his defense on SF is important to the future of this team with or without players like Joe, Smoove, or Horford. His role will pick up if Joe, Smith or Horford is gone. I would not trade him for anyone other than the obvious candidates. He's our Tayshaun Prince aka glue guy.

lol6.gif Funny post.

Quotes:

"I expect great defense. - he gives us that."....if we're talking "sucks-average-good-great", I would put Marvin a tad above average due to his size at SF. He tries but wears down quickly.

"he is a solid passer but not a good one" - all I have seen him do lately is just pass the ball 5 feet to a guard. I have seen no flashes of brilliance - ever.

"he is very consistent" - well yes, I will certainly give you that point...he IS consistent.

"he is one of our most valuable players" - just try to trade him.

"He's our Tayshaun Prince aka glue guy" - LOL.

• Premium Member

- He gives us that

I think your analysis is spot on. The difference between him and Tayshaun is that Tayshaun never had his kind of confidence issues on offense.

Edited by niremetal

And Tayshaun is 100 times the passer Marvin is. Prince can freaking play point forward.

There are differences in their games, I was referring to their impact.