• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At the game: Hawks vs Buks

TheNorthCydeRises

Hell of a game for Josh Smith tonight, a hell of a 3 minute stretch for Joe Johnson tonight, and some clutch blocks by Marvin and Horford, but other than that it was a pretty disappointing game. I had a feeling at halftime that we'd pull out a squeaker but I felt like it would be a game where we blew the lead and held on. When we were down 7 with a few minutes to go I felt like they were going to pull away. Then down 5 quick to start overtime I felt like we were going to see a repeat of the Dallas OT. Just shows me how difficult it is to predict what this team is going to do when we're so bi-polar but thank God for Josh Smith having such an impressive game despite being screwed by the refs several times. I'm hoping that this is the type of game we need to get a little positive momentum going and thankful that they didn't blow this one and really start to doubt themselves.

Marvin hasn't been perfect, but his length has helped down the stretch. No reason to sub him for Bibby or Evans late in games most nights.

I agree. His length was needed against Salmons down the stretch and was effective, other than the 3 he hit in OT.

For once, the defense kept us close enough when we were ice cold, to finally pull out one of these games in the 4th.

Looks like Woody got the memo. Marvin played 40 minutes, Bibby 23. Bibby and Crawford were a combined 5-22 which, along with their terrible defense, almost cost them the game.

Yep, and the W. We really need to start playing Teague more at the PG. I know he's not ready but still.

OK . . . so JJ front rims the game winner. going to OT.

WOW . . . . WTH???

EVERYBODY WHO JUST WALKED OUT OF THIS ARENA SHOULD NEVER COME BACK TO A HAWKS GAME. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF WE LOSE OR NOT. WHO WALKS OUT OF A GAME AT THE START OF OVERTIME?

MOVE THIS FRANCHISE OUT OF ATLANTA!!!!

True, sometimes I wonder about our fans. I was texting my friend who was at the game and he said the same.

Thanks for the "inside scoop" northcyde!

As much as I complain about Teague - it is obvious that this team HAS to have a PG on the floor. Woody has to give Teague second half minutes to be able to keep Bibby fresh for late game/OT. We are way too slow (O and D) with JJ and Craw at the guard spots.

Tonight's game was exciting - but thank heavens JJ made difficult shots down the stretch...and anybody who complains about Smoove's on-man defense is insane IMHO - he guards the whole paint, changes multiple shots or just scares guys off - his presense is max important.

• Premium Member

Hell of a game for Josh Smith tonight, a hell of a 3 minute stretch for Joe Johnson tonight, and some clutch blocks by Marvin and Horford, but other than that it was a pretty disappointing game. I had a feeling at halftime that we'd pull out a squeaker but I felt like it would be a game where we blew the lead and held on. When we were down 7 with a few minutes to go I felt like they were going to pull away. Then down 5 quick to start overtime I felt like we were going to see a repeat of the Dallas OT. Just shows me how difficult it is to predict what this team is going to do when we're so bi-polar but thank God for Josh Smith having such an impressive game despite being screwed by the refs several times. I'm hoping that this is the type of game we need to get a little positive momentum going and thankful that they didn't blow this one and really start to doubt themselves.

That's BS.

Milwaukee is one of the hottest teams playing. Since the acquisition of Salmons, they were undefeated. They have been blowing teams out. There were some very good things that happened today.

1. Ball movement attacking the basket.

2. Horf nailing the 15 footer.

3. good subst. by Woody (For the most part).

This team is learning OTJ. Wins like this one are important.

You guys cry and cry about losing to teams late in games..

Well guess what, we're 33-3 in games that we lead with 5 mins to go. Everybody is so focused on the 3 we lost that we failed to acknowledge all the others we won... And now you want to cry about us winning a close game against a hot team? I don't get it. We should be applauding the play of our bigs... instead, we're talking like we're doomed. That's BS.

• Like 3

That's BS.

Milwaukee is one of the hottest teams playing. Since the acquisition of Salmons, they were undefeated. They have been blowing teams out. There were some very good things that happened today.

Well guess what, we're 33-3 in games that we lead with 5 mins to go. Everybody is so focused on the 3 we lost that we failed to acknowledge all the others we won... And now you want to cry about us winning a close game against a hot team? I don't get it. We should be applauding the play of our bigs... instead, we're talking like we're doomed. That's BS.

great post

LOL @ Stack being "trill". That's a good slang description for how he played last night. I was sitting about 2 rows behind some dude who was a huge Stackhouse fan. Everytime Stack made a shot, he'd start clapping as loud as he could. I'm behind him, complaining to myself how we couldn't stop Jerry, and dude was just loving it.

@ Diesel . . . I agree. The problem with the 4th quarter though, is that we'll IMMEADIATELY blow those leads at the beginning of the quarter. If we're able to lead late, we usually have enough in the tank to hold on for victory. While not pretty, that was a big win vs a red hot team.

That's BS.

What exactly is BS in my post Diesel? Let's break it down ...

• Hell of a game for Josh Smith tonight, BS? - it was a hell of a game
  • a hell of a 3 minute stretch for Joe Johnson tonight, BS? - JJ had a poor game by his standards until the end when he took over
  • and some clutch blocks by Marvin and Horford, BS? - both had huge blocks
  • but other than that it was a pretty disappointing game. BS? - sorry but it's disappointing when we need a near miracle comeback to beat an inferior team in our building.
  • I had a feeling at halftime that we'd pull out a squeaker but I felt like it would be a game where we blew the lead and held on. BS? - How many times this year have we let a team come back in the 4th and we hang on to win? Hell in just the past week we blew the games against Golden State and Dallas and allowed Minnesota to come back on us.
  • When we were down 7 with a few minutes to go I felt like they were going to pull away. BS? - if you can honestly sit there and say that when they pushed their lead to 7 and we weren't scoring at all that we were going to come back then you should probably be committed.
  • Then down 5 quick to start overtime I felt like we were going to see a repeat of the Dallas OT. BS? - I can't imagine any fans didn't feel this way and even Bob and Nique were remarking about how it was just like the Dallas game.
  • Just shows me how difficult it is to predict what this team is going to do when we're so bi-polar BS? - Do you honestly believe that the Hawks aren't a bi-polar play? Because when the players even talk about how they can be so awful one quarter and then so dominant the next that pretty much spells out bi-polar play.
  • but thank God for Josh Smith having such an impressive game despite being screwed by the refs several times. BS? - which part of this is BS?
  • I'm hoping that this is the type of game we need to get a little positive momentum going BS? - is it BS to think that this type of game might get us going?
  • and thankful that they didn't blow this one and really start to doubt themselves. BS? - is it BS to think that they may have gotten down on themselves had we lost our 3rd game of the week?

Unless you feel like Milwaukee is our equal or better than us then losing to them at home should be considered a failure and if you can't admit that then that's your own issue but Milwaukee is not on our level, we were at home, and we had a lot to prove to get people to forget about that Dallas game.