• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We may have a better shot at Big Z then we originally thought.

coachx

http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/sports-247/1267644392141400.xml&storylist=cleveland

2 page article !

"He's got a big emotional investment in Cleveland, in the city and the team," Rudoy said. "On the other hand, he was not happy to be used as a pawn in the trade."

Ilgauskas first lost his starting job to O'Neal, an understandable move by the Cavs who felt they needed more interior size to dethrone Orlando in the Eastern Conference. But on Nov. 28, the night Ilgauskas was set to break Cleveland's record for games played, he was inexplicably benched by Brown.

The sensitive Ilgauskas was miffed by the slight and expressed his disappointment days later following a Cavs' home win, choking back tears as he spoke.

"I'm going to be a bigger man and walk away from this," he said at the time. "I know when I go to bed at night my conscience is clear. I love this team. I love my teammates. They are like a family to me. I'm going to come every day to work and try my hardest. Hopefully we can win a championship for this city because they deserve it.

"It has not been an easy ordeal."

And then came the trade, which although it had been rumored for weeks, caught Ilgauskas off guard.

I can't see him wanting to go to Denver and play in that thin air. He labors to get up and down the court enough as it is at normal altitudes. Dallas has less playing time then we do since Dirk will play center when they go small and Heywood and Dampier are still there too.

I really think Atlanta is the team he is considering the most..........besides Cleveland.

Edited by coachx

... I certainly hope that we have a chance to land big Z!

However, even though I'm an uncurable optimist, I'd have to say it's 90% - 10% in favour of Cavs.

We have to realize that Z is a good, loyal citizen, family man... basicaly, all road signs point to Cleveland.

• Premium Member

His agent knows the NBA is looking at this trade with a warier eye than most. If he pretends that Z is hurt and considering Atlanta, it gives a veneer of suspense to his decision on where to play. I think that's all that's happening here.

• Moderators

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain; this is all smoke and mirrors.

Z and Cleveland agreed before the trade that he would come back.

Exactly. If he was going somewhere else, then he would sign ASAP. He is just throwing money away unless he is going back to Cleveleand by not signing somewhere else. This is a smokescreen.

• Moderators
The agent for free agent center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Herb Rudoy, says that the 34-year-old center wants to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers -- the team that traded him last month in a three-team deal that brought Washington forward Antawn Jamison to the Cavs -- and will enter into negotiations with the Cavs on March 22, the first day that Cleveland can officially talk with him about a contract under league rules.

OMG!!! :no-no:

I can't believe it!

/sarcasm

AS OUR WORLD TURNS

There was an understanding. Big Z, you're coming back. No question about this. We know it's true.

Illegal? You bet! Prove it? Can't be done. Big Z was told. He believed. Still does.

Now, since Big Z, his agent, the Cavs and everyone else in the world knows that such an agreement

is illegal, they need to lay down a false trail.

"We're open to offers for the 30 day period before we can go back." Big Z, his agent and the Cavs all

know that this is window dressing when they talk about all the bad stuff. It's just part of the coverup.

No, we can't prove a thing. They are smarter than that. They know how the game of musical chairs

is played in the NBA.

If you thought that the NBA world was in shock a couple of years ago when the lowly Hawks took the mighty

Celtics to 7 games in the first round - - That was nothing compared to what would happen if the NBA or

Cleveland thought that there was serious consideration on the part of Big Z of really leaving the Cavs,

especially with Shaq sidelined.

Daydreaming about Big Z coming to the Hawks - - Wonderful.

That's like a 4th grade boy with a crush on his teacher. Dream all you want. You know it ain't happening!

Big Z will sign back with the Cavs at the end of 30 days. The Cavs, The NBA and the powers to be will

all be thrilled. Just think, he almost went somewhere else. Yeah. Right. Sure he did.

:laughing5:

We all know he is going back to Cleveland. His agent is just trying to make a big production out of this so know one thinks they already had a new deal in place.

I know he is going back. This said we desperately WANTED him. Its worded in the past. This whole shpiel is insane. How the NBA is allowing it is unheard of.