• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

~HERO MODE~ fails...(again) and SMOOVE comes to the rescue.

MVP23

Joe Johnson an atrocious shooting trying to win the game. He missed, and Smoove cleaned up. What doesn't this guy understand? He isn't kobe. He isn't Wade. he isn't Roy, Lebron, Melo,...hell, he isn't Paul Pierce. He is Joe freaking Johnson. Pass the dam ball man. Smoove bailed him (and us) out tonight, but I bet if I went back, I could count at least...at least 10 games we COULD have won if not for Joes ~HERO MODE~.

• Like 1

I've figured out that I'm not the only person that fills this way. I'm just one of the only people that isn't afraid to say it. I hope he leaves. I don't walk him to walk, I want to sign and trade him for someone better. He is holding this team back.

I want Joe Johnson taking the last shot, if it is a good look. Once again, I can live with this shot, and besides the Milwaukee miss at the end of the game, I have had no problem with Joe taking the last shot. Perhaps he takes too many NEAR the end of games, but he did not do that tonight, he only took the last one.

We won the game, be happy. JJ hit those free throws, and got a shot I can live with, Smoove had a great play, and we won.

/thread

• Like 2

honestly man I have to disagree this time JJ was the best option on the court to take that shot in all honesty. now if crawford or bibby was on the court I would have felt he needed to pass. An also if joe did pass it prob would have went to smith on a long jumpshot that he wouldnt have made and we all would be saying..........."jj why would you pass to smith out of all people"! in the end im glad JJ took that shot, if we would have went to OT oh well.but it didnt happen that way. Thanks J-Smooooove!

I've figured out that I'm not the only person that fills this way. I'm just one of the only people that isn't afraid to say it. I hope he leaves. I don't walk him to walk, I want to sign and trade him for someone better. He is holding this team back.

Damn I dont hope he walks but if I feel that he might want to I want to sign and trade to and not just let him walk for nothing. but i do hope he stays and we keep building this team!

He didn't get doubled so I don't have a problem with that shot. Not really anyone else wide open who he could have passed it to.

I love how you fail to mention he was 4/4 on some big free throws down the stretch too.......

I did, I did! :conversation:

Joe had 8 assists after 3 quarters. Guess how many he had at the end of the game.

If you guessed 8 then your right. The Hawks built the lead in the 3rd quarter with good ball movement (meaning Joe was passing the ball to teammates), however in the 4th quarter Joeful showed up once again.

• Moderators

He didn't get doubled so I don't have a problem with that shot. Not really anyone else wide open who he could have passed it to.

I love how you fail to mention he was 4/4 on some big free throws down the stretch too.......

Speaking of fts, I would have liked to have seen him take the ball to the rim with one-on-one coverage rather than fire up a very awkward jumper. That said, I am not one of the people here who thinks we need to stop Joe from touching the ball in the fourth.

Joe only took 4 shots in the 4th quarter

Joe had 8 assists after 3 quarters. Guess how many he had at the end of the game.

If you guessed 8 then your right. The Hawks built the lead in the 3rd quarter with good ball movement (meaning Joe was passing the ball to teammates), however in the 4th quarter Joeful showed up once again.

The problem wasn't the last shot. The problem was all the possessions that led up to it. this game never should have come down to the last shot.

THE HAWKS HAD A GD 11 POINT LEAD WITH 5:30 LEFT.

It is a disgrace that this game came down to the last play. All the Hawks did was let Crawford and JJ bring the ball up and take a shot. I can't remember one possession during the last 5 minutes when the Hawks passed the ball more than once. Woodyball at its finest.

The problem wasn't the last shot. The problem was all the possessions that led up to it. this game never should have come down to the last shot.

THE HAWKS HAD A GD 11 POINT LEAD WITH 5:30 LEFT.

It is a disgrace that this game came down to the last play. All the Hawks did was let Crawford and JJ bring the ball up and take a shot. I can't remember one possession during the last 5 minutes when the Hawks passed the ball more than once. Woodyball at its finest.

I did not see the game, but I watched the highlights. It did look like the Hawks had a fairly sizable lead throughout the 4th until the final minutes. This is a recurring theme that has GOT to stop. Great win, but it HAS to stop coming down to these last second heroics after we've had a decent lead throughout the 4th.

Once again, JJ proves that he's just human.

The problem is, Atlanta's "Prevent" offense and defense. The two, combined, is killing us late in the 4th.

Over and over. Same thing is happening. Every game. You can be safe to bet on it happening.

Apparently, all Hawks are told - -- In the last half of the 4th quarter, don't be aggresive. Be very passive.

Don't play your opponent too close on defense and pick up a foul. Let them go and just hope that they

miss the shot. Hopefully, you can hold them down and run out some clock. We're ahead.

Now, on offense. Keep the ball in the back court. Give it to JJ or Crawford and let them dribble out the

clock. Don't pass the ball from one side of the court to the other. In fact, don't do anything at all. Find

yourself a comfortable spot and stand there. Don't move around and confuse whoever has the ball in

their hands.

Whatever we were doing before now, forget it. If anyone, other than JJ or Crawford, has had a great game

up to this point, put them on "Ignore" and hope our opponent doesn't notice. We might sneak Bibby in

there and let him have a feel of the ball and let him run out the clock a time or two. He's a vet and he knows

how to do this.

From this point on, it's strictly a guard's game. They are to do everything of offense. In fact, if all you other

players would like, you can just stay on the defensive end of the court. We don't need you up there,

getting in the way. Wow! Is this a great plan, or what!!

Works every time. We get to watch as our comfortable lead shrinks like a snowball in Atlanta in August.

Hawk's "Prevent" game plan. It prevents our oponent from getting blown out, over and over. Watch for

it. It's sure to be coming to a Hawks game near you! Just give them a nice lead half way thru the 4th

quarter and it will happen. Count on it!!

:stirthepot:

People have a script in their head that has nothing to do with reality. Lets go back to the play by play for the Hawks possessions from the 5:24 mark on when the Hawks had an 11 point lead. And I'll mark down when the Magic got an offensive rebound beause to me that has a lot to do with what happened

Josh Smith bad pass (Vince carter steal)

(orlando Offensive Rebound)

Jamal Crawford turnover

Jamal Crawford missed 21 footer

Joe Johnson turnover (dwight howard steals)

Joe Johnson missed 14 foot shot

(orlando offensive rebound)

Al Horford turnover (Dwight Howard steals)

JOsh Smith makes 19 foot jumper

Jamal Crawford misses 19 foot jumper

Joe Johnson makes 2 freethrows

Joe Johnson makes 2 freethrows

JOe Johnson misses jumper JOsh Smith offensive rebound and putback

Seriously- THIS is your evidence that Joe Johnson wouldn't pass the ball and tried to do everything himself? How about putting a little blame on the 3 posessions where the Magic got offensive rebounds leading to points as something that changed the game. If you want to talk about Crawford struggling down the stretch then sure there is some evidence- but you want to put this on Joe!?

Edited by spotatl
  • Like 1

Joe Johnson an atrocious shooting trying to win the game. He missed, and Smoove cleaned up. What doesn't this guy understand? He isn't kobe. He isn't Wade. he isn't Roy, Lebron, Melo,...hell, he isn't Paul Pierce. He is Joe freaking Johnson. Pass the dam ball man. Smoove bailed him (and us) out tonight, but I bet if I went back, I could count at least...at least 10 games we COULD have won if not for Joes ~HERO MODE~.

Uh..............., there was 9 seconds left in the game and JJ was able to bring the ball up the floor and get off a decent shot vs. Vince Carter. 9 seconds is not enough time to bring the ball up the court and run a play when we had no timeout to advance the ball to half court.

In the previous game vs. the Bucks, Crawford missed the game winning shot (in "hero mode" as you call it). Yet you did not feel the need to bash Crawford for missing a tough shot at the buzzer like you do JJ.

Last week it was Crawford who again, "went into hero mode", as you call it and missed a buzzer beater vs. the Raptors and we lost 106 to 105. No random post by you to flame Crawford there either.

Vs. the Bobcats, last weekend, JJ's "hero mode" buzzer beater won the game for us at the buzzer !

Every random thought you have does not need its own thread. Please save us from eading your random dribble.

Nothing like a 13 year old hatin' on a 4 time allstar. It makes this forum real credible.

Edited by coachx

LOL @ coachx. He tries to act sometimes that he is objective in his analysis. But to immediately go out of the way to blast JJ, after the play Smoove made to win the game. And then to find and bring up a thread that was started way back after the Detroit loss in November in which people were ripping JJ, shows just how much he doesn't like Joe Johnson.

He does it because he thinks it's "cute" to do it.

The ironic thing is . . we're going to need JJ to be in "Hero Mode" in order to advance in the playoffs. And this is one of the reasons why I give Woody some credit in the development of Joe Johnson over the years. Even if he doesn't have superstar talent, Woody purposely puts him in "superstar" situations, in order for JJ to get a feel for what to do in those situations. People obviously don't like that. But when you view playoff games, it's normally the decisions of your star players that is going to determine the outcome of games.

In the previous 2 years in the playoffs, JJ deferred way too much to his teammates, expecting them to make plays that he should've been trying to make. This year, his mindset is totally different. He's doing what a star player needs to do, and try to make that play himself. I've been saying all year that JJ is taking some of the toughest shots in the NBA, next to Kobe. And while he's not Kobe, he's learning how to score while making difficult shots.

When the defense really cranks up in the playoffs, you're going to need guys who can score under difficult situations. Kobe is the master of this. Lebron had to go through his learning process of this in the playoffs. Wade gets ultra aggressive, and tries to get to the free throw line as much as possible. So as the offensive focal point of the team, JJ is simply learning what he has to do to possibly put a team on his back in the 4th quarter.

The playcalling could definitely be more creative, and he may not need to take every shot. But during critical junctures of a game, it's your star players who are going to have to come through for you to win playoff games. This is what Woody is preparing JJ for . . . and has been preparing him for since he's been a Hawk.

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators

Looking at the crunch time stats it makes it clear who the better option is down the stretch:

JJ .491 efg% on the season. Crawford .524 efg% on the season.

JJ shoots a .511 eFG% in 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points according to 82games

Crawford shoots an abysmal .271 eFG% in 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points according to 82games.

LOL @ coachx. He tries to act sometimes that he is objective in his analysis. But to immediately go out of the way to blast JJ, after the play Smoove made to win the game. And then to find and bring up a thread that was started way back after the Detroit loss in November in which people were ripping JJ, shows just how much he doesn't like Joe Johnson.

He does it because he thinks it's "cute" to do it.

The ironic thing is . . we're going to need JJ to be in "Hero Mode" in order to advance in the playoffs.

I hope that was typo.

Read my post again. I was the poster taking up for JJ.

I think MVP23 is the poster you intended to call out here.

Edited by coachx