• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson 6-17 13 points..I have an idea...LETS GIVE HIM 20 MILLIONS DOLLARS!

MVP23

Your 'Max Player" is supposed to produce night in and night out. Sure, they are human beings, and will have bad nights, but for the most part, anybody worthy of getting 20 million dollars better put his team in a position to win every night. Can you say that about Joe Johnson huh? Coming into this game, we knew Lebron would have a good game (even thought he all hate him) but what did you think about Joe? Do you EVER know what to expect for Joe Johnson? Can you, with a straight face say you know Joe is going to be ready to play in the playoffs? In a big game? In the finals? Under the big lights? Hell, against Pistons tomorrow night? I don't know what the hell to expect from Joe Johnson, because he isn't that good. He isn't consistent enough to say...here, have 20 million dollars. If he gets hot in the playoffs, can we go to the finals? Sure? Will he? Who the hell knows..

Edited by MVP23
  • Like 1

Here we go. Let the bashing start. Terrible game to say the least. Was his shooting hand hurt? It was all wrapped up. I think that I might quit coming to the board due to the attitude of some people on this board.

Your 'Max Player" is supposed to produce night in and night out. Sure, they are human beings, and will have bad nights, but for the most part, anybody worthy of getting 20 million dollars better put his team in a position to win every night. Can you say that about Joe Johnson huh? Coming into this game, we knew Lebron would have a good game (even thought he all hate him) but what did you think about Joe? Do you EVER know what to expect for Joe Johnson? Can you, with a straight face say you know Joe is going to be ready to play in the playoffs? In a big game? In the finals? Under the big lights? Hell, against Pistons tomorrow night? I don't know what the hell to expect from Joe Johnson, because he isn't that good. He isn't consistent enough to say...here, have 20 million dollars. If he gets hot in the playoffs, can we go to the finals? Sure? Will he? Who the hell knows..

Your 'Max Player" is supposed to produce night in and night out. Sure, they are human beings, and will have bad nights, but for the most part, anybody worthy of getting 20 million dollars better put his team in a position to win every night. Can you say that about Joe Johnson huh? Coming into this game, we knew Lebron would have a good game (even thought he all hate him) but what did you think about Joe? Do you EVER know what to expect for Joe Johnson? Can you, with a straight face say you know Joe is going to be ready to play in the playoffs? In a big game? In the finals? Under the big lights? Hell, against Pistons tomorrow night? I don't know what the hell to expect from Joe Johnson, because he isn't that good. He isn't consistent enough to

Quit posting MVP!!!!!

Edited by volman
  • Like 1

Also last game against the Cavs he scored over 30 and no one says anything bad game here come the haters.

Big choke job by JJ... Yeah, he had a good game against LA.... But when you come out the next game and perform like this it cancels out the good effort.

This is my point. the guy is CAPABLE of having big nights, thats not the point, but 9 times out of ten he has an average to below average night.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

9 times out of ten he has an average to below average night.

That explains why he's made 4 straight All-Star teams. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Stop showing up every time JJ has a bad game and pretending like the exception is the rule. It makes you look like an idiot.

Edited by niremetal

I not saying Joe isn't good. But he is just that...good. He is not worth 20 million dollars, and the GM that does that is a dam fool. Nothing...nothing he does, has done, or is doing is wroth 20 million dollars. Nothing.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Joe Johnson is not one of the elite players in the NBA.

Sure, he is good, borderline great. Sure, he's made the all star team for four straight years. Sure, he usually draws

the double team from our opponents, yet manages, on most nights, to be our leading scorer.

Then, he has games like last night which destroys all your good feeling about him. Too many people blaim all

his missed shots on great defense by our opponent, whoever it happens to be on any given night. Nope. He's

just not consistant. There is just not THAT much difference in the defensive ability in the NBA.

Joe Johnson has games where he has a hot hand. He can't be stopped. Every shot, it seems, drops. Then, he has

games where he can't buy a basket, like last night. Great Cleveland defense wasn't responsible for all the missed

shots. His box score doesn't look terrible. He hit a couple of shots in the last minute of the game, one of them his

only three of the night.

The point being made, which some want to label a Joe Johnson hate thread, is not a hate thread at all. It simply

is pointing out that there are layers of greatness in the NBA, or any where else for that matter. As good as he is,

he is not in the top layer. Some have said that, should the Hawks lose Joe Johnson, they would fall back to the

thirteen win season level that we had that first year of the rebuilding of the Hawks.

This is an insult to the remainder of the players on the roster. That says, without Joe Johnson, they are nothing.

We want to retain the services of Joe Johnson. We want him to remain a Hawk. What people should realise,

we can't pay him all the money available and leave nothing else in the pot for any one else. We can't have

a complete D League team and Joe Johnson. Others deserve a slice of the pie. Joe Johnson isn't THAT good.

:stirthepot:

• Like 2

Yeah Joe disappointed me last night. i was expecting him to come out and prove something. I hate when he his buckets when the game is already decided.

• Premium Member

Kobe is one of the best closers in the game. He and Joe are not anywhere near the same level.

So Kobe gets a pass for his team having a bad week and Joe gets criticized for his team having a bad night.

Interesting. Being the best closer in the game didn't help Kobe when we were beating them like drums.

• Like 1