• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Woody "rest" the starters tomorrow?

99PROBL3MS

I expect the starters to play around 20 min. Anything less than that would be running the bench to long. you just cannot play Zaza, Jeff and Mo 30+ min. Zaza and Mo will need to be fresh as well as the starters and Jamal. I'd run the starters the first quarter and half of the 3rd. Mario and Randy can burn for 35 min.

• Premium Member

I say that you have to sit your starters and fish around at different matchups. WIth the 3rd seed, we won't play Cleveland unless we both make it to the finals, still, I would start Teague and the gang and see if we can find some matchup difficulties in our bench.

It would be nice if the players who are healthy play. I assume most of us here are old enough to remember watching watching MJ and he never rested. If he could breathe and walk, he played lol. He even came late to that game against the t-wolves with a stomach virus. He played 82, 82, and 82 his last 3 years the bulls won it. There was no question they had #1 seed locked up. He was the ultimate competitor.I guess Lebron gets a kick out of "resting" for the playoffs though.

• Premium Member

It would be nice if the players who are healthy play. I assume most of us here are old enough to remember watching watching MJ and he never rested. If he could breathe and walk, he played lol. He even came late to that game against the t-wolves with a stomach virus. He played 82, 82, and 82 his last 3 years the bulls won it. There was no question they had #1 seed locked up. He was the ultimate competitor.I guess Lebron gets a kick out of "resting" for the playoffs though.

Jordan was a different beast altogether.

First off, he was workmen like and never rested. Second off, he became bigger than the game and when fans pay their big money to see MJ, he had an obligation to entertain them. Especially in Chicago. Chicago was never a filled arena before Jordan. However, during his years there, ticket costs skyrocketed and it was packed every night. You got to give those fans their monies worth.

I say that you have to sit your starters and fish around at different matchups. WIth the 3rd seed, we won't play Cleveland unless we both make it to the finals, still, I would start Teague and the gang and see if we can find some matchup difficulties in our bench.

u

Problem is, you cannot play the bench for 48 min. Too many minutes risk having no bench for the playoffs. Give the starters a first quarter burn(all quarter) and the first 8 min of the third. Jamal, Mo and Zaza gets 4 in the second and 4 in the 3rd and 4th. Jeff,Mario, Randy and JSmith with Mo/Zaza get the rest.

• Admin

I would rest them...why risk an injury now?

I would start the bench and play Morris, Collins extended minutes as well. This is a throw away game. Lebron and Jamison won't be playing so it is not like we will see their real team anyway.

I would rest them...why risk an injury now?

I would start the bench and play Morris, Collins extended minutes as well. This is a throw away game. Lebron and Jamison won't be playing so it is not like we will see their real team anyway.

Collins is out. What is the use to start the bench, they cannot play 48 min., starters will have to play. You want to bring starters off the bench? why?

• Premium Member

You'll have to play Marvin, Crawford, and Zaza for depth reason.

PG - Teague (36)/West (12)

SG - Crawford (30)/West (18)

SF - Marvin (12)/Evans (36)

PF - Joe Smith (28)/Marvin (20)

CR - Zaza (30)/Morris (18)

Teague - 36

Evans - 36

Marvin - 32

West - 30

Crawford - 30

Zaza - 30

Joe Smith - 28

Morris - 18

Jordan was a different beast altogether.

First off, he was workmen like and never rested. Second off, he became bigger than the game and when fans pay their big money to see MJ, he had an obligation to entertain them. Especially in Chicago. Chicago was never a filled arena before Jordan. However, during his years there, ticket costs skyrocketed and it was packed every night. You got to give those fans their monies worth.

MJ was THE premier player in the game without question but he wasn't bigger than the game itself. Are you implying that MJ had more obligation to his fans than other players who rest nowadays do? I don't think so to be honest. Clebeland sold tickets for nearly 90$ on fan appreciation night and the man they paid to see was sitting on the sideline dancing in a suit haha.

There was a report that Woodson is expect to sit all the starters or only play them token minutes. Sigh.

10 seasons ago, this doesn't happen. The game has certainly changed. Barkley, Stockon, Malone, David Robinson, Magic Johnson etc. brought it every night. Reasons like this is why Old Schoolers have lost some respect. Nique never rested a game in his career.