• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are the Hawks doing wrong?

AHawks89

I'll start off by saying switching defense. There are obviously more reasons why, but I want to hear it from yall. :help wanted3:

Yea, the switching, plus Milwaukee benefitted from shooting 32 free-throws. I guarantee they won't see that many in the ATL. Hawks had very very few fast breaks, that stymies our energy.

I'm ready for Wednesday. I know we will play completely different, which is what confuses me. We can beat any team in the NBA at home, but then go on the road and play like the NJ Nets. Somethings wrong.

Honestly, I am seriously doubting that it's the hawks that play differently or if it's the other team that plays differently. After seeing these two games, I don't know how the heck our offense and defense can get it done even at home.

Edited by Supporter

Switching defenses on guards that like to take it to the rack.

Too much one on one (14 assists)

Evans missed some very easy baskets in crunch time.

Woody went away from what won the first two games for us

Woody is a horrible coach. Teague played one minute tonight while Jennings was running all over the place. We got outcoached again. You see why there is no contract extension for Woody??

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm going to flip it. It's not that the Hawks are playing particularly badly relative to what they usually do - it's not anything that they are doing, but what they aren't doing. It's that the Bucks cranked up the intensity to 11 in the past 2 games, playing even harder than they did during regular season home games. The Hawks' intensity level stayed at where it usually is during its regular season road games. That won't cut it in the playoffs, even against an inferior team. Say what you will about the Hawks: These Bucks have earned my respect and admiration for the heart they’ve shown in this series.

As Sekou said in the Psycho-T article from last year: Effort is a skill in the NBA. If “Effort” were a skill on the NBA Live scale of 50-99, the Bucks’ team average would be 95. The Hawks’ would be 55. As much as I deride Woody for his continual need to explain losses by a lack of energy and effort, it was absolutely true Saturday and tonight. The saddest thing is that I’m so unsurprised that this loss didn’t really affect my mood. If our team played with the Bucks' heart and intensity, we could win it all. But we don't.

Edited by niremetal

Horrible officiating, i mean WOW....... Kurt Thomas was playing dirty all game, he elbowed Smoove, he held him by hand so Smoove can't block a shot and than he would run into him when SMoove would try to run the shooters down....... f*** U STERN!

Nba is trying to have as many games as possible in the playoffs because that's how they make their money......

Edited by Popeye

Horrible officiating, i mean WOW....... Kurt Thomas was playing dirty all game, he elbowed Smoove, he held him by hand so Smoove can't block a shot and than he would run into him when SMoove would try to run the shooters down....... f*** U STERN!

Nba is trying to have as many games as possible in the playoffs because that's how they make their money......

I have to agree with you about the officiating and Stern. He wants all the playoff games he can possibly get. And for the prize money, he wants to see Kobe vs LeBron in the finals. It's all about money. SMH...

Oh yeah, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J4mZOcdDE